KTP/ more layoffs??

ky862

Letter said that Paint, body and stamping were all losing a shift as of Aug 4. That would cause a layoff of the lowest 300 in plant seniority. The number could vary depending on how many take the buyouts that were offered again today, and the people that choose to go to LAP.

I was told roughly June 99 seniorty would be the cutoff for layoffs.

Anyone have any idea what it will take to hold dayshift if we lose 300?

Letter said that Paint, body and stamping were all losing a shift as of Aug 4. That would cause a layoff of the lowest 300 in plant seniority. The number could vary depending on how many take the buyouts that were offered again today, and the people that choose to go to LAP.

I'd say somewhere in the 95 senority. They still have some TLO's out in trim. They haven't asked the relief people that were displaced when we went to mass relief ,what shift they want.

Does that mean June 99 will stay or go? I am 6/4/99. Just curious...

Looking at the latest seniority list, if they take exactly 300, it will get to June 04, 1999 seniority with last 4 Social of 66xx. Depends on what the exact number is as to where the cutoff will be.

thats funny . the 308 people that took the buy out last year was to take care of a shift reduction in paint & body. i wish the union and ford get the story right.

That was before diesel and gas went up and with the new gas tax going up again. Some of these problems with lay offs have nothing to do with Ford or the UAW, You can't MAKE people buy trucks with fuel prices being that high. Times are changing and we all have to make adjustments to live in this new world like it or not. Times of working for one company and retiring is not part of the system any more, 45 years old here and the 2nd time I've had to start over, don't like it but it's life and you have to roll with blaming Ford and the UAW won't change it so why waste the energy.

That was before diesel and gas went up and with the new gas tax going up again. Some of these problems with lay offs have nothing to do with Ford or the UAW, You can't MAKE people buy trucks with fuel prices being that high. Times are changing and we all have to make adjustments to live in this new world like it or not. Times of working for one company and retiring is not part of the system any more, 45 years old here and the 2nd time I've had to start over, don't like it but it's life and you have to roll with blaming Ford and the UAW won't change it so why waste the energy.

You know you don't sound like you work at Ford. If you did you would know what I was talking about. Why don't you vote for obama and pay your gas tax and shut the hell up.

that was good m.w. you got her breathin fire and crapin brimestones ha ha ha ha ah the real lwoodbluz has spoken

i heard that in about 2 weeks they will announce a shift reduction at ktp and lap. and i am talking about a further reduction than the one being talked about in paint and body. the big one is coming, dont think it isnt.

didnt lap alraedy reduce a shift?

i heard that in about 2 weeks they will announce a shift reduction at ktp and lap. and i am talking about a further reduction than the one being talked about in paint and body. the big one is coming, dont think it isnt.

Ktp will alternate shifts until the orders pick up. Lap has been mentioned in several articles for building the European focus and other vehicles off that C-platform.