When will the 09 Focus Info be in to take orders

fordtion

Looking to order a new Focus, need spec sheet or info on 09 MY...Anyone that has information..?? Read the PDF that was posted on another topic, but couldn't determine if the 6 speed auto was added.

No 6 speed. Just 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto.

Dealer called me yesterday and said that they are hoping to take orders on the 09 Focus next week. Will see if this is the truth come next week, as I'm ordering one.

I ordered my '09 SEL on June 19 and I got my VIN from my dealer on June 26. Estimated production date July 21. Is that still supposed to be the first day of production or did they get rolling early?

I ordered my '09 SEL on June 19 and I got my VIN from my dealer on June 26. Estimated production date July 21. Is that still supposed to be the first day of production or did they get rolling early?

Damn Ford dealer tried to screw me on an X plan for a 09. I went to another dealer and got an 08 SES with $2,000 discount and X plan. Then these sleezy dealers wonder why they don't sell cars... :banghead:

Damn Ford dealer tried to screw me on an X plan for a 09. I went to another dealer and got an 08 SES with $2,000 discount and X plan. Then these sleezy dealers wonder why they don't sell cars... :banghead:

Wow, how'd you get $2000 off? I still don't know what incentives will be available for the 09. Mine was also an X-plan (I have a friend that works for Ford). I hope they have something available when my car arrives the 1st or 2nd week of August.

For those wondering, it's an SEL sedan auto, brilliant silver with medium stone leather, ABS/ESC, "moon & tune" audiophile + moonroof, Sync. A lot of '08 options are standard on the '09 now, such as Sirius and Ambient Lighting, so this car has just about everything you can get in a Focus.

Edited by nickz

Wow, how'd you get $2000 off? I still don't know what incentives will be available for the 09. Mine was also an X-plan (I have a friend that works for Ford). I hope they have something available when my car arrives the 1st or 2nd week of August.

For those wondering, it's an SEL sedan auto, brilliant silver with medium stone leather, ABS/ESC, "moon & tune" audiophile + moonroof, Sync. A lot of '08 options are standard on the '09 now, such as Sirius and Ambient Lighting, so this car has just about everything you can get in a Focus.

Are you talking about a SEL Taurus or SEL Fusion? I don't think you mentioned what SEL sedan you drive...

He's talking about an 09 Focus SEL. Ford decided to make a loaded SE from 2008 and call it SEL.

His SEL will be like my SE but he'll have moonroof (since Audiophile is no longer a stand alone option) and Sirius (didn't want it). His will also have the ESC whereas mine has Traction Control.

Here's two pics of mine in blue.

Nickz, don't forget to post pics of yours.

post-22182-1216389398_thumb.jpg

post-22182-1216389425_thumb.jpg

Edited by exrub

He's talking about an 09 Focus SEL. Ford decided to make a loaded SE from 2008 and call it SEL.

Nickz, don't forget to post pics of yours.

Correct. The SEL badge is new for the '09 Focus. In addition to the SE + Deluxe Package stuff of the '08, Leather heated seats are standard on the SEL. Ambient lighting and Sirius, two cool but unnecessary things I would not have ordered on an '08, are also standard on the 09 SEL and SES. It's also nice to get ESC on the '09 in addition to ABS and Traction Control of '08, but it comes at a premium price now: $745 retail vs. $385 last year.

By the time I decided to get a Focus, it was too late to order an '08, and none of the dealers around here had a car the way I wanted it equipped (audiophile, stone leather, moon roof, ABS). When I decided to factory order, the dealer told me about the new SEL and he priced the car both as an SES and an SEL with the options I wanted. The SEL worked out around $400 less than the SES at the x-plan pricing. At first I didn't want to give up the spoiler of the SES for all the extra chrome of the SEL, but I was able to find some pics of the color combo online, and I liked the look. See here:

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/cover...1/photo_75.html

Like I said, I expect to get mine the 1st or 2nd week of August, and I'll post some pics then.

-Nick

Correct. The SEL badge is new for the '09 Focus. In addition to the SE + Deluxe Package stuff of the '08, Leather heated seats are standard on the SEL. Ambient lighting and Sirius, two cool but unnecessary things I would not have ordered on an '08, are also standard on the 09 SEL and SES. It's also nice to get ESC on the '09 in addition to ABS and Traction Control of '08, but it comes at a premium price now: $745 retail vs. $385 last year.

By the time I decided to get a Focus, it was too late to order an '08, and none of the dealers around here had a car the way I wanted it equipped (audiophile, stone leather, moon roof, ABS). When I decided to factory order, the dealer told me about the new SEL and he priced the car both as an SES and an SEL with the options I wanted. The SEL worked out around $400 less than the SES at the x-plan pricing. At first I didn't want to give up the spoiler of the SES for all the extra chrome of the SEL, but I was able to find some pics of the color combo online, and I liked the look. See here:

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/cover...1/photo_75.html

Like I said, I expect to get mine the 1st or 2nd week of August, and I'll post some pics then.

-Nick

Hello, i did not even know ford is starting a SEL trim line for the 09 focus. That is why i was confused when you said SEL sedan because i thought you ment, SEL Taurus or SEL Fusion. Next time, instead of saying SEL sedan, can you start saying SEL Focus because SEL sedan can refur to 3 Ford Sedans.

Hey, Nick!

Actually, my wife and daughter love the ambient lighting...especially when you have a bottled water in it at night. You wait, you'll probably like it, too. :hysterical:

As far as the Sirius goes, though, you're probably lucky in one sense. Unlike most other vehicles, I believe the one for the Focus uses the same antenna on the roof...I think.

I also didn't like the spoiler on the SES that I traded in. It was so close to the trunk that it made it very difficult to wash and wax in between them.

Anyway, congrats on your order! :happy feet:

John

Hello, i did not even know ford is starting a SEL trim line for the 09 focus. That is why i was confused when you said SEL sedan because i thought you ment, SEL Taurus or SEL Fusion. Next time, instead of saying SEL sedan, can you start saying SEL Focus because SEL sedan can refur to 3 Ford Sedans.

No worries. I had assumed since this was a Focus thread on the Focus forum and the last sentence I wrote about my SEL order said "this car has just about everything you can get in a Focus" it was kinda clear that I meant Focus. My bad. :happy feet:

Hey, Nick!

Actually, my wife and daughter love the ambient lighting...especially when you have a bottled water in it at night. You wait, you'll probably like it, too. :hysterical:

As far as the Sirius goes, though, you're probably lucky in one sense. Unlike most other vehicles, I believe the one for the Focus uses the same antenna on the roof...I think.

I also didn't like the spoiler on the SES that I traded in. It was so close to the trunk that it made it very difficult to wash and wax in between them.

Anyway, congrats on your order! :happy feet:

John

I don't mind having either, but I don't think I would have paid for them on an '08 if I were ordering. I would have bought a car off the lot with those if it had everything else I wanted though. Not sure about the antenna, but I think that's right. As far as the spoiler goes, I saw that comment elsewhere (might have been you) and said, "hmmm, something to think about." Then I saw a pic of the car without one and decided I liked it. I know I kinda like the look of the SES "snowflake" rims better than the "euroflange" rims of the SEL/SE+Dlx, but I had a similar thought about those that you had about the spoiler. Having owned previous cars with alloy wheels I know that brake dust gets into every nook and cranny, and the smoother shape of the euroflange wheels would be easier to keep clean.

PS - It was literally a last minute decision between the brilliant silver and the blue like yours. I REALLY like that blue, but the beauty of silver is it can be pretty dirty and not really show it. I love the way black cars look but I'd never own one because you have to wash them constantly. Silver and gold (which, by the way, is a new color for 09, and the Focus SEL is available in any color) are great if you're lazy about washing your car all the time.

Edited by nickz

I don't mind having either, but I don't think I would have paid for them on an '08 if I were ordering. I would have bought a car off the lot with those if it had everything else I wanted though. Not sure about the antenna, but I think that's right. As far as the spoiler goes, I saw that comment elsewhere (might have been you) and said, "hmmm, something to think about." Then I saw a pic of the car without one and decided I liked it. I know I kinda like the look of the SES "snowflake" rims better than the "euroflange" rims of the SEL/SE+Dlx, but I had a similar thought about those that you had about the spoiler. Having owned previous cars with alloy wheels I know that brake dust gets into every nook and cranny, and the smoother shape of the euroflange wheels would be easier to keep clean.

PS - It was literally a last minute decision between the brilliant silver and the blue like yours. I REALLY like that blue, but the beauty of silver is it can be pretty dirty and not really show it. I love the way black cars look but I'd never own one because you have to wash them constantly. Silver and gold (which, by the way, is a new color for 09, and the Focus SEL is available in any color) are great if you're lazy about washing your car all the time.

Probably was me about the spoiler. :hysterical:

I'm with you on the wheels. I washed mine and had a heck of a time with some of those nooks. I definitely think the Euroflange will be better...haven't washed my SE yet. And, darn it, I should have thought about the silver hiding the dirt better. Oh, well! I guess I'll just have to wash mine more often than you. :hysterical:

:reading: Hello Focus Forum Members,

I'm a newbie and have been following the latest developments for the 2009 Focus with great interest. I can't recall the last time I've seen such enthusiasm for a new product from Ford--very cool!

I'm in the market for a new car and I'm entertaining several options, the Focus being one of them. It's my understanding that the 21st of July--today!--is 'Job #1' for the '09 Focus. Is this a sure thing? And, with this in mind, does anyone have a reasonable guestimate as to how soon we'll be seeing the new model appear on dealer lots?

Will the restyled coupe be produced immediately alongside the sedan? I realize this question is a longshot but thought I'd ask just the same.

One poster here mentioned having traction control, yet mentioned the '09 had ESC. Call me the village idiot, but...aren't they pretty much the same?

I currently own a 2005 Toyota Corolla and guys (and gals), I have to tell you that while a decent car that has been highly dependable, it's a HUGE SLEEPER. Honestly, I feel compelled to reach for the No-Doze each time I slide behind the wheel for a drive. Entertaining...NOT! The SYNC system Ford offers is amazing. Really, there's so much about the Focus that I readily admit to liking, and in researching this car it appears it has good driving dyanmics (translation: fun-fun-fun to drive) among numerous other things. My biggest concern however is long-term reliability--dependability is a must. Any feedback you folks could offer me would certainly be appreciated.

Edited by amtrakking

Hey there!

This was posted in another discussion section:

FordBuyer

Posted on: Jul 8 2008, 01:22 PM

Wayne Assembly is closed this week and probably next week with '09 production beginning two weeks from yesterday. No more 08's to be built. Lots of auto haulers on lots taking away remaining 08's parked out there. Maybe each dealer will get maybe three more 08 Focuses if they are lucky. Two door production won't even begin again until end of August with 4 door production beginning in a couple weeks.

So, if you're interested in a coupe, looks like you'll need to wait a bit longer. :reading:

Personally, just the traction control satisfies my needs. This senses wheel slippage and transfers control to the one with grip. However, with safety measures being stressed more these days, ESC is being introduced to the Focus. ESC, I believe, monitors yaw and pitch to prevent roll-over type situations.

Also, I know what you mean about the Corollas. Ours (actually the wife's) is quite a snoozer. :hysterical:

Hey there!

This was posted in another discussion section:

FordBuyer

Posted on: Jul 8 2008, 01:22 PM

Wayne Assembly is closed this week and probably next week with '09 production beginning two weeks from yesterday. No more 08's to be built. Lots of auto haulers on lots taking away remaining 08's parked out there. Maybe each dealer will get maybe three more 08 Focuses if they are lucky. Two door production won't even begin again until end of August with 4 door production beginning in a couple weeks.

So, if you're interested in a coupe, looks like you'll need to wait a bit longer. :reading:

Personally, just the traction control satisfies my needs. This senses wheel slippage and transfers control to the one with grip. However, with safety measures being stressed more these days, ESC is being introduced to the Focus. ESC, I believe, monitors yaw and pitch to prevent roll-over type situations.

Also, I know what you mean about the Corollas. Ours (actually the wife's) is quite a snoozer. :hysterical:

Hey exrub! For openers, thanks for explaining the diff between traction control and ESC. I honestly felt there was little, if anything, to differentiate the two. I'm totally enlightened now. :yahoo:

I personally wanted the coupe most. You know, 99.9% of the time I'm in the car alone, so I felt why bother with two extra doors this time around? When I saw an '08 coupe in Frost Silver in my neck of the woods, I was smitten--what a great looking car! Not that the sedan is the ugly sister by any means, as I particularly like it in Light Ice Blue with the Euroflange wheels--sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Not sure if I like the darkened chrome grill however on the '09 from the few pics I've seen. Often photography doesn't do the Focus justice, so I'll take a wait and see approach. I do wonder why the coupe production would be delayed somewhat.

As an owner, are you completely satisfied with your Focus? How does it handle? Rating it one to five stars with five being best, how would you rate it for that fun to drive factor?

Glad I'm off work this week as I'm looking forward to lots of input from forum members. Thx again! OH: My Corolla? It looks good cleaned up, tires polished...and then my eyelids start to droop. It's clear to me that I hadn't taken my medication when I decided to buy this thing. Wish someone had slapped me--hard! :slap:

You asked about dependability and reliability of the Focus. I have a 2003 Focus ZX-3 with 112,678 miles. The only problem was that the transmission needed to be replaced at 20,000 miles. That gave me pause, to be sure. But it was fully covered by the warranty and has worked fine ever since. The only other reliability issue was that a bulb went out in the dashboard at 105,000 miles. The other repairs have been routine maintenance. I am getting itchy for a new car and am only considering Fords because of the great service I have received from my local dealer and the dependability of my Focus. I am waiting to for the new Focus, but am changing my mind every day on which model to get. With the huge discount on the Taurus and the fact that the Taurus gets comparable gas mileage with the Fusion, even that is looking good. :banghead: Ford has good choices this year.

:reading: Hello Focus Forum Members,

I'm a newbie and have been following the latest developments for the 2009 Focus with great interest. I can't recall the last time I've seen such enthusiasm for a new product from Ford--very cool!

I'm in the market for a new car and I'm entertaining several options, the Focus being one of them. It's my understanding that the 21st of July--today!--is 'Job #1' for the '09 Focus. Is this a sure thing? And, with this in mind, does anyone have a reasonable guestimate as to how soon we'll be seeing the new model appear on dealer lots?

Will the restyled coupe be produced immediately alongside the sedan? I realize this question is a longshot but thought I'd ask just the same.

One poster here mentioned having traction control, yet mentioned the '09 had ESC. Call me the village idiot, but...aren't they pretty much the same?

I currently own a 2005 Toyota Corolla and guys (and gals), I have to tell you that while a decent car that has been highly dependable, it's a HUGE SLEEPER. Honestly, I feel compelled to reach for the No-Doze each time I slide behind the wheel for a drive. Entertaining...NOT! The SYNC system Ford offers is amazing. Really, there's so much about the Focus that I readily admit to liking, and in researching this car it appears it has good driving dyanmics (translation: fun-fun-fun to drive) among numerous other things. My biggest concern however is long-term reliability--dependability is a must. Any feedback you folks could offer me would certainly be appreciated.

Glad I'm off work this week as I'm looking forward to lots of input from forum members. Thx again! OH: My Corolla? It looks good cleaned up, tires polished...and then my eyelids start to droop. It's clear to me that I hadn't taken my medication when I decided to buy this thing. Wish someone had slapped me--hard! :slap:

That's why my wife's name was put on first on the title to the Corolla when I bought it for her new in 1996. :hysterical:

Having owned an SES w/ manual and now an SE w/ auto, I am (and was) happy with both. The auto is a lot better to deal with in the traffic mess in this area, though.

The heated seats are great in the cold. I specifically chose the Focus because of the heated mirrors. They come in handy in icy weather. And, of course, my daughter and wife love the ambient lighting.

My guess for the delay in the coupe would be to build up the stock for fleet sales of the sedans. I, personally, chose the sedan because of practicality...easy entry/exit for my daughter and her friends. Also, in this area, the parking spaces have been getting narrower. So, a coupe's door can get difficult to get in and out easily.

Word of advice, though. The Sync has its peculiarities. I have a Motorola Krzr phone. Pairing and using it is simple enough. However, if you have multiple numbers for a person, it doesn't recognize voice commands as easily as you want. For example, I would have to say, "Call Wife on Other", then choose from the cell or work numbers and push the button to dial. If I say, "Call Wife at Work", Sync will come back and say, "No Work Number...would you like to call Other?" Then, it's the process described earlier. Not anything to gripe at but just unusual. This apparently depends on the phone since some are more compatible with Sync.

Otherwise, the car has been great! I would give it a 4.75 on overall (if you take a look at my other vehicles, you'll understand why). The Focus was purchased for fun while practical. :happy feet: Besides, it's probably going to be taken by my daughter in a few years.

Edited by exrub