5 down weeks scheduled between now and Christmas

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who works at a manufacturing plant. It's gonna get worse before it ever gets better. And it's going to get a lot worse for some plants. It's really sad what these fuel prices have done to this nation. We've only begun to see what's really going to happen. In the year 2050 people will be discussing what year Ford, GM, Lexus, etc.... built their last vehicles. I can visualize it on Jeopardy now....

"Built their last vehicle in 2039"

"What is Ford?"

"Correct!"

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who works at a manufacturing plant. It's gonna get worse before it ever gets better. And it's going to get a lot worse for some plants. It's really sad what these fuel prices have done to this nation. We've only begun to see what's really going to happen. In the year 2050 people will be discussing what year Ford, GM, Lexus, etc.... built their last vehicles. I can visualize it on Jeopardy now....

"Built their last vehicle in 2039"

"What is Ford?"

"Correct!"

It's a big surprise to 85% of STAP employees who voted in favour of a new contract keeping STAP open for an extra year depending on market demand.

It's a big surprise to 85% of STAP employees who voted in favour of a new contract keeping STAP open for an extra year depending on market demand.

Apparently they replaced a few robots on bodysides and I think overhauled the underbody press to alleviate the downtime they caused in body, which in turn was likely the reason for a lot of our overtime.

Maybe Ford scheduled them now tenatively due to rising gas prices.

Apparently they replaced a few robots on bodysides and I think overhauled the underbody press to alleviate the downtime they caused in body, which in turn was likely the reason for a lot of our overtime.

Maybe Ford scheduled them now tenatively due to rising gas prices.

Or maybe because the general public don't want these cars.

At least police still need them...........Thanks Miami-Dade

This is changing rather fast too with the current gas prices.

Departments are taking a serious look at the better gas mileage of the Chevrolet Impalas.

Thats the biggest issue the vic. I'm not sure why Ford cant put a V6(3.5L) in the vics.

Overall I know the vic is a better car than the impala. :shades:

This is changing rather fast too with the current gas prices.

Departments are taking a serious look at the better gas mileage of the Chevrolet Impalas.

The SHERIFF is correct..A few years ago there was talk of getting Impalas and it even made the 6PM news..That all started cause the bulk of North and Central Florida has tons of Impalas..The Leos down here said the CVPI was the only car for police work..They have a sprinkling of Impalas but they are used only for supervisors and special detail..But for regular patrol they are sticking to the Vic for now even though they are way over budget on fuel..Miami Dade even has a few 97 CV's still on patrol with about 150K miles on each of them and they are running just fine.