Weather Related Delay

ddawes

A number of FEH have been built and listed as shipped only to be held up by a "weather related delay" per Allied Systems, who apparently is the company that moves the vehicle from the assembly plant to various destinations in the country. I have checked with my dealer and e-mailed Ford.com however to date no one seems to know how long the delay will last. Has anyone heard anything? I've only seen one posting where some 09 FEH made it to a delaer in Denver, but other postings that show vehicles shipped during the first week of production still have no arrival dates. Any Ideas??

A number of FEH have been built and listed as shipped only to be held up by a "weather related delay" per Allied Systems, who apparently is the company that moves the vehicle from the assembly plant to various destinations in the country. I have checked with my dealer and e-mailed Ford.com however to date no one seems to know how long the delay will last. Has anyone heard anything? I've only seen one posting where some 09 FEH made it to a delaer in Denver, but other postings that show vehicles shipped during the first week of production still have no arrival dates. Any Ideas??

I am still waiting for mine ,which was shipped June 30,hopefully weather delay does not mean hail damage.

I am still waiting for mine ,which was shipped June 30,hopefully weather delay does not mean hail damage.
All I've been able to find out is that my FEH is still in Kansas City. Can't seem to get any more information than that. All I can imagine is that it's loaded onto a railcar sitting on a side track. Since your shipping date is one day ahead of mine, your vehicle may be in the same rail yard. Hopefully something will break soon and they'll start moving.

All I've been able to find out is that my FEH is still in Kansas City. Can't seem to get any more information than that. All I can imagine is that it's loaded onto a railcar sitting on a side track. Since your shipping date is one day ahead of mine, your vehicle may be in the same rail yard. Hopefully something will break soon and they'll start moving.

I hope all this means that the ESCAPE, gas and hybrid will help keep FORD afloat in these troubled time. (fingers crossed)

How did you find out that your Escape is still in Kansas City ?

I talked with my dealer today and he said there was a transportation strike with the car haulers. He does not know when cars will get shipped.

TDman

Transportation strike instead of a weather delay!! :censored: Guess that's like the airlines telling you it will be a five minute delay that ends up with the flight being canceled. I wonder if Ford will try to do something to help their customers out. At least we know the reason.

Edited by ddawes

Transportation strike instead of a weather delay!! :censored: Guess that's like the airlines telling you it will be a five minute delay that ends up with the flight being canceled. I wonder if Ford will try to do something to help their customers out. At least we know the reason.

There was a strike but it ended with Performance Transportation Systems closing in mid-June. Auto manufacturers reported the ability to obtain other delivery service without delays due to the decrease of shipments because of the economy. Perhaps this is weather related.

http://www.buffalonews.com/businesstoday/l...ory/370094.html

Edited by burnsva

There was a strike but it ended with Performance Transportation Systems closing in mid-June. Auto manufacturers reported the ability to obtain other delivery service without delays due to the decrease of shipments because of the economy. Perhaps this is weather related.

http://www.buffalonews.com/businesstoday/l...ory/370094.html

Don't really know what to believe. After reading the earlier post about a strike, I researched some last night and found that Allied Systems (which Ford uses among others) is owned by PTS (or the other way around). The Teamsters webpage has a number of articles about the nationwide carhaulers union voting on a proposed contract (current one expired on 5/31/08) this past week, along with articles similar to what you posted above about PTS. I also check a car haulers website and found messages about the strike. No where on these sites was I able to find anything about a weather relayed reason for vehicles not being shipped. In my area (SW WA) I have seen a lot of Toyota products being moved via transport carriers, but no Fords. I (along with others) would just like to get a call from my dealer saying my vehicle is in. I guess time will tell.

I talked with my dealer today and he said there was a transportation strike with the car haulers. He does not know when cars will get shipped.

TDman

Whatever the delay was -- I received an update from VP on my tracking request that said my FEH was "Moving in transit". I hope all the others under this same delay have their vehicles moving towards them.