2009 ford Escape Navigation System Question

burnsva

In the 2009 FEH Order Guide, it describes the Navigation System as "AM/FM 6 disc in dash changer,..." - but on the published window stickers with Navigation Systems it says, "Navigation/Single-Disc Radio" and there is no mention in the Navigation System user guide refering to multiple CD use (I haven't found it anyway)...

Does anyone have any other information regarding the Nav System?

Edited by burnsva

I believe the regular hybrid cd system is a single unit model and that you have to get the limited to get the 6 disc changer.

Errrr...it appears I am wrong on that one. At first I was bummed but then as I thought about it I was okay with this setup since it contains the jukebox that can hold over 2000 songs plus it has Sat radio.

Edited by Green Lantern

If you look at my window sticker under standard equipment it also says AM/FM 6 CD/MP3. I think the Nav Sys option just come with one single Disc for the navigational system.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...ost&id=7358

That is the same with mine Gary but you and I both ordered the Limited Hybrid. I believe, from both the ordering guide as well as stickers for the regular hybrid, that the reg hybrid comes with the single disc unit.

Btw, congrats on yours being built this past Wednesday. Looking forward to your reviews when you get it in.

I told my wife its WALT's fault that I just added 2,000 more dollar's to the cost of my new car. :shades:

Actually I'll tell her when it comes in and she happens to notice, she might not, pretty cool video clip though and the only reason why I went with it.

Changed order over to a FTO 8 today, July 18th and was assured that it will not effect order timeframe as I have not received a VIN yet.

I told my wife its WALT's fault that I just added 2,000 more dollar's to the cost of my new car. :shades:

Yea, most of my friends tell their wives "its Walt's fault". I am use to it. :sandbox:

But I have to admit, the new Sync II system is got to be one the coolest gadgets I have seen for a car in a long time. :stats:

• 2 weeks later...
But I have to admit, the new Sync II system is got to be one the coolest gadgets I have seen for a car in a long time. :stats:

The new Sync and Nav system are the coolest gadgets I've seen in or out of a car. Sync works exactly as they describe it in the commercials and the Sirius Travel Link is so useful. Not only can you check the weather, it can check traffic as well. Plus there's the 10gb hard drive for ripping CDs and the ability to play DVDs while parked. As a button-pushing geek, I am in total heaven in the Escape. :hyper:

Yea, most of my friends tell their wives "its Walt's fault". I am use to it. :sandbox:

Definitely Walt's fault! It might end up being a good thing that my FEH was further back in the cue - I was able to ad the Nav without any problems (now I just need to find an additional $2395 :hysterical: )...

Walt - you should be getting a commision from FMC! :shades: