China Violates Trade Laws with Hefty Import Tariffs

Sooooooo, are they jealous or something because China is doing what we should have been doing all along?

I'd love to see a "hefty tariff" placed on everything in all the Wal-Marts, KMarts, Meijers, etc. etc., just about everywhere you go, that is not at least made from 51% U.S. made parts. A 25% tax on anything that exceeds 60% foreign content would be fine with me. At least maybe then, when I have to hit the streets when our plant closes I might be able to use my card and degree to find another frikkin' job!

I know that this goes against the whole free trade concept, but hey, aside from Europe we don't have "free trade" with all of these other countries. Never have, and until we grow the balls to try and take care of home as well as the rest of the world, we never will.

I get so sick of seeing the U.S. continue to hemorrhage jobs in the name of free trade and we continue to get nothing in return. Yeah, I can buy my lead based toothpaste a little cheaper than last week or I can poison my dog with tainted food for a few bucks less now. Just what I always wanted.....

IMHO, if China continues with this and it doesn't get resolved, quickly, we should place an identical tariff on all Chinese imported goods immediately. Hell, it should have been there anyway.

Ah well, I could go on and on...... that's it, /rant off.......

All vehicle manufacturers in China that use imported parts must register with China's Customs Administration and provide specific information about each vehicle they assemble, including a list of the imported and domestic parts to be used, and the value and supplier of each part. If the number or value of imported parts in the assembled vehicle exceeds 60 percent, China assesses a 25 percent tax. Typically, China requires American companies to buy 40 percent of their parts from Chinese companies.

This is why "fair" trade is unfair.

Clinton signed what was left to him by Bush. He signed it and Bush basically wrote it.

It's time to face the truth that it was both parties that were involved with that.

True but he didn't have to and he dreamed up the Chinese trade agreement all by himself.

True but he didn't have to and he dreamed up the Chinese trade agreement all by himself.

They say that it would of most likely had the veto overridden though.

Take a look at the vote also on the Bush agreement. It was more Republicans that voted for it.

Clinton signed what was left to him by Bush. He signed it and Bush basically wrote it.

It's time to face the truth that it was both parties that were involved with that.

Please, Bush didn't leave that for him. Both Mr. and Mrs. Clinton were touting NAFTA as the best thing since sliced bread! You don't remember them going from town to town trying to brainwash the American people with that garbage? That's the problem with todays society, short attention span. Don't for a minute think that them Dems. care for you any more than those snake in the grass Repubs.

Can you say Bill Clinton?

So what did Bush do over the last 7.5yrs to fix NAFTA, nota thing!!! If it was so bad why didn't Clintons congress fix it, it was repbulican his last 6yrs?? Or is it all Clintons fault, I love it when people blame others for things that happened many years ago, when there side didn't do a thing to reverse it. Last year Wal-Mart bought $90,000,000,000 in manufactured goods from China. Yet everyone claims not to shop there, strange how popular they are, even in Michigan.