Delay getting my '09 Escape shipped.

vanman628

According to my dealer, my '09 XLT 2.5L was put on a railcar on 7/11. Today he says they are telling him there is a "mechanical delay" with the railcar.

So, I guess it's still sitting in KC. Doesn't that plant close up on Friday for vacation?

What's the deal??? :banghead:

According to my dealer, my '09 XLT 2.5L was put on a railcar on 7/11. Today he says they are telling him there is a "mechanical delay" with the railcar.

So, I guess it's still sitting in KC. Doesn't that plant close up on Friday for vacation?

Once it is on the railcar I don't think you have to worry about the plant closing.... :redcard:

Bummer. When did 2009 FEHs begin rolling off the assembly line ?

Edited by Hook686

Still not here. As of Friday, July 25, my dealer says it is somewhere in Georgia, and still listed as having a "mechanical delay."

Stop calling the dealer. You are making it look like you are desparate and he may jack up the price once it arrives. Unless you have already agreed to the price.

Finally!! Got a call this a.m. My Escape was in Jacksonville, FL at 5 a.m. today and should be dropped off in Titusville, FL for the hauler, this afternoon. My guy says I'll have it either Friday p.m. or Monday.

It has taken 3 weeks to get it from K.C. to Orlando. Strange..............

BTW - I got a fixed price on this vehicle when I ordered it. The only variable was what they were gonna pay for my '02 Explorer (trade.)

Sometimes, I think Ford didn't want these '09's on their lots until August.

Good luck to everyone else and enjoy your new rides! :happy feet:

Finally!! Got a call this a.m. My Escape was in Jacksonville, FL at 5 a.m. today and should be dropped off in Titusville, FL for the hauler, this afternoon. My guy says I'll have it either Friday p.m. or Monday.

BTW - I got a fixed price on this vehicle when I ordered it. The only variable was what they were gonna pay for my '02 Explorer (trade.)

Sometimes, I think Ford didn't want these '09's on their lots until August.

Good luck to everyone else and enjoy your new rides! :happy feet:

They probably didn't want them on the lots. My dealer is flooded with 08's.

Who was able to tell you the shipping location of your vehicle? My car was originally to be delivered on July 7th... no show. Then it was to be delivered on July 22nd. As of today, I am still waiting, and the dealership only can tell me that he will call when it arrives. I already sold my previous vehicle assuming my car would arrive as stated. Now I am driving a rental car and spending money intended to pay for the FEH.

Should my dealer be able to track where the vehicle is?

Thanks!!

Who was able to tell you the shipping location of your vehicle? My car was originally to be delivered on July 7th... no show. Then it was to be delivered on July 22nd. As of today, I am still waiting, and the dealership only can tell me that he will call when it arrives. I already sold my previous vehicle assuming my car would arrive as stated. Now I am driving a rental car and spending money intended to pay for the FEH.

Should my dealer be able to track where the vehicle is?

Thanks!!

Yes, they have a way to track it, once it is on a railcar. If they gave you a firm date of July 22, where did they get that date from? Mine took two weeks to get from KC to Georgia; sat in Georgia for a week and has been sitting in Titusville, FL since last Thursday.

And it is STILL being held in Titusville. (Since freakin Thursday????) My guy at the dealership says he is trying to get it on a hauler and into Orlando. Come on guys. You wanna sell the vehicle or not? It has been in some mode of transportation or sitting somewhere since July 10. That's 25 days. Unacceptable.

Yes, they have a way to track it, once it is on a railcar. If they gave you a firm date of July 22, where did they get that date from? Mine took two weeks to get from KC to Georgia; sat in Georgia for a week and has been sitting in Titusville, FL since last Thursday.

And it is STILL being held in Titusville. (Since freakin Thursday????) My guy at the dealership says he is trying to get it on a hauler and into Orlando. Come on guys. You wanna sell the vehicle or not? It has been in some mode of transportation or sitting somewhere since July 10. That's 25 days. Unacceptable.

Ford is awash in cash. Why would they need to book more revenue from your vehicle or mine?

I called and pressured the dealer on Friday afternoon. Within 15 minutes he was able to give me a day by day detail of the location of my car since it left the factory on June 22nd. Seems that there were delays at every turn and finally ended up in Chicago on the July 22nd. There is sat until it was released to the local carrier on July 31. It was delivered to the dealership today and I will pick it up on Wednesday.

Sure was a long wait and I am really hoping that it is worth it.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Edited by cgreg

• 2 weeks later...

After 26 days, finally took possession of my '09 XLT 4 banger! Beautiful vehicle! Immediately took off for western Virginia for a week, with a side trip to the DC area, and was getting over 30 mpg on the highway, going up and down mountains. My first 2,300 miles, I averaged over 28 mpg!

I am just thrilled with the mileage!!

I grew up in the 60's with steel cars and chrome bumpers. Kinda scary to see all the plastic everywhere on my new ride. Hope no one bumps it anytime soon!!

We loved the Sync system on our trip. Works great with my phone and just O.K. on the USB cable with my Zune. Voice commands don't work with the music many times, which can frustrate ya.

If you just use a plain audio cable, you can use it just like a CD player.

After 26 days, finally took possession of my '09 XLT 4 banger! Beautiful vehicle! Immediately took off for western Virginia for a week, with a side trip to the DC area, and was getting over 30 mpg on the highway, going up and down mountains. My first 2,300 miles, I averaged over 28 mpg!

Thanks for the feedback! Aside from the mileage, how do you like the performance of the 4 cylinder? Did you find it struggling at all in any of your driving (highway, mountains, etc.)? How was it with when you needed quick acceleration (e.g. highway merge)? I'm looking forward to ordering an Escape or Mariner within the next couple of months. I'm torn between the 4 and 6 cylinder.

I am waiting as well. Ordered last week of April. Was updated and was told it was going to be delivered week of August 11. Still no car. Sold my old one. Sucks taking the bus to work!! Hopefully the car comes in one of these days, I am losing my patience with Ford!

(Bear in mind that I have been driving a 6-cylinder '02 Explorer for the last 7 years, so I am comparing to that.)

My 4-cylinder Escape was GREAT on our trip. It handles extremely well and was very peppy, even on the N.C. and Virginia mountain roads. Very smooth ride and great fuel economy. When I needed to, I could pass anyone on the interstate and merging on was never a problem. If all the plastic body parts hold up, I'm really gonna like owning this vehicle.

If I was gonna get a 6-cylinder, I would have gotten another Explorer. Who wants to spend all that dough for fuel? I grew up paying 29.9 cents a gallon for the stuff!

I would go with the 4-cylinder unless you really have a need for speed.