ACH

chopper

does anybody no what is going on at these plants our we going to get to transfer

Wouldn't count on it. Think of all of the folks losing their jobs at Ford plants, those folks are all in line in front of you. If you have a plan that doesn't involve working at either Ford or ACH, would suggest that you think strongly about it.

does anybody no what is going on at these plants our we going to get to transfer

WOW you mean someone else out there is worried about what the union is doing??? At Utica trim there telling me that more jobs are on there way in, I almost fell over laughing when they said that!!! ACH was formed to be sold off not to increase its production. Utica lost $88.9 million last year, I just don't see Ford investing more money into a lossing plant!!! I've been begging downtown and my local for VTEP, but then they came to me in Nov and told me I should have the $100k by the first of March. That fell apart in Feb, and from there they keep saying 3wks. There are about 170 plus in GEN from Chesterfield, some of which have been in GEN for 2yrs this June. They don't want to bring these people back into work, because they say this head count helps push Ford to bring in jobs. These people have been in GEN for almost 2yrs, why has the union waited to now to get them working? When the head of ACH came into our plant and gave his speech, he stated load and clear "THAT THE PLANT IS FOR SALE"!! So why would the union ever block any of us from getting $100k or our college paid for? Ford isn't forcing anyone to leave its your decision and only yours! Mark my words Ford will be forcing at the next contract and there isn't going to be $100k to back it up!!! March sales are on track to be worst then Feb sales. There is no new product coming out in the next 10mts, only some new makeup.

WOW you mean someone else out there is worried about what the union is doing??? At Utica trim there telling me that more jobs are on there way in, I almost fell over laughing when they said that!!! ACH was formed to be sold off not to increase its production. Utica lost $88.9 million last year, I just don't see Ford investing more money into a lossing plant!!! I've been begging downtown and my local for VTEP, but then they came to me in Nov and told me I should have the $100k by the first of March. That fell apart in Feb, and from there they keep saying 3wks. There are about 170 plus in GEN from Chesterfield, some of which have been in GEN for 2yrs this June. They don't want to bring these people back into work, because they say this head count helps push Ford to bring in jobs. These people have been in GEN for almost 2yrs, why has the union waited to now to get them working? When the head of ACH came into our plant and gave his speech, he stated load and clear "THAT THE PLANT IS FOR SALE"!! So why would the union ever block any of us from getting $100k or our college paid for? Ford isn't forcing anyone to leave its your decision and only yours! Mark my words Ford will be forcing at the next contract and there isn't going to be $100k to back it up!!! March sales are on track to be worst then Feb sales. There is no new product coming out in the next 10mts, only some new makeup.

At Utica trim there telling me that more jobs are on there way in, I almost fell over laughing when they said that!!! ACH was formed to be sold off not to increase its production.

Let's see. ACH wants to sell the plants to a 3rd party, which plant would be more attractive to a buyer:

A. A plant that has no new production, hasn't had a new product in years.

B. A plant that has new products/contracts with FoMoCo.

Agreed, you might not to want to work for a supplier twwo years from now, but some folks will find comfort in the fact that the plant they work in will be sold rather than closed.

Let's see. ACH wants to sell the plants to a 3rd party, which plant would be more attractive to a buyer:

A. A plant that has no new production, hasn't had a new product in years.

B. A plant that has new products/contracts with FoMoCo.

Agreed, you might not to want to work for a supplier twwo years from now, but some folks will find comfort in the fact that the plant they work in will be sold rather than closed.

Agree none of us want to work for anyone but Ford. But the fact is if this unions makes us hold out to the end we will have no choice in our future. You'll be told the buyouts are gone so now your laid off, we all know that GEN is gone, so what will happen when your unenjoyment runs out? Then if a Ford plant has an opening it will be 3 states away, if you don't go guess what your laid off. I really doubt if there is company out there that will buy all the jobs, I'm sure it will be broken up and parted out, so it really doesn't matter about products, plus I'm sure that when they buy the job they will get a contract that last more then a year.

Zoomer, What new work are you guys supposed to be getting?

That is the funny part, union is always in a ra ra mode, "new work on its way", but when asked what it is they don't have an answer. Over a year a go, during our plant elections, our locals president ran through the plant telling us that we won the F-150 door panels. Two mths later when he came through again the guy that works next to me asked him about the door panel job. He said we got its coming. The funny part about that is that this guys best friend works where the panels are made and where told a mth earlier that the job is not leaving but the local was still in ra ra mode. Now a year later no F-150 panels and again no specific jobs, just jobs coming, I'm not holding my breath.

:shrug:

That is the funny part, union is always in a ra ra mode, "new work on its way", but when asked what it is they don't have an answer. Over a year a go, during our plant elections, our locals president ran through the plant telling us that we won the F-150 door panels. Two mths later when he came through again the guy that works next to me asked him about the door panel job. He said we got its coming. The funny part about that is that this guys best friend works where the panels are made and where told a mth earlier that the job is not leaving but the local was still in ra ra mode. Now a year later no F-150 panels and again no specific jobs, just jobs coming, I'm not holding my breath.

It's sad how our local is stupid and arrogant enough to believe they are going to force Ford to do anything they don't want to do :shrug: . They should let people have their buy-outs so they can move on with their live.

:shrug:

It's sad how our local is stupid and arrogant enough to believe they are going to force Ford to do anything they don't want to do :shrug: . They should let people have their buy-outs so they can move on with their live.

Well said, the buyouts are voluneteer, at contract time when the buyouts are gone you'll be forced!

Well said, the buyouts are voluneteer, at contract time when the buyouts are gone you'll be forced!

you can predict the future??

if they want to take buyouts fine...but you dont know that they are going ot force anyone out next year...that is speculation!

you can predict the future??

if they want to take buyouts fine...but you dont know that they are going ot force anyone out next year...that is speculation!

Your right, but when the company is trying to shead heads and is willing to give someone $100k or 4yrs of college, why would the union ever stop them, its called head count. March sales are on track to be worst then last year and worst then Feb sales, if this continues it will cause the company to force people out.

Agree none of us want to work for anyone but Ford. But the fact is if this unions makes us hold out to the end we will have no choice in our future. You'll be told the buyouts are gone so now your laid off, we all know that GEN is gone, so what will happen when your unenjoyment runs out? Then if a Ford plant has an opening it will be 3 states away, if you don't go guess what your laid off. I really doubt if there is company out there that will buy all the jobs, I'm sure it will be broken up and parted out, so it really doesn't matter about products, plus I'm sure that when they buy the job they will get a contract that last more then a year.

It isn't the union, it's the company. First, the company doesn't have unlimited resources, the buyouts cost money up-front. Secondly, the company still needs x number of employees to run the ACH plants, they really can't afford to go through the process of unloading and then restaffing all of the ACH plants. I think you're giving the union credit for having a lot more power now than it actually does, in fact, the union has probably been effectively neutered at this time, if only through circumstance. If you really want an exit, suggest you sign up for the buyouts, I suspect that there are a lot of folks that won't sign up because they simply hope they'll land on there feet with FoMoCo, or they are already eligible or close to retirement eligibility and aren't willing to take employment at other Ford plants. If I'm not mistaken, 30 year employees have limited options regarding transferring to other plants after their plant has been closed. Closed plants are covered by GIS, not GEN, and after 30 years you aren't eligible for GIS.

Well, at utica, from my understanding the reason buyouts have been delayed is because the union is trying to get the company to buy out enough people so that they can eliminate the gen pool from chesterfield. At least that is the gist of it as far as I understand. I guess there is contract language involved, manning levels, and various other bullshit that makes it more difficult than it should be. Add to that we lost our plant manager...twice, and now have ANOTHER new guy, I'm sure this has been disruptive to the negotiation process. Plus the fact that the plant is pretty much ran from downtown. The word is, that the buyouts are coming in september-october. Also, with alot of plants getting buyouts, there is only so much money to go around. They can't just buy everyone out at once.

As far as new work at Utica, we are getting some new jobs. The most significant is the F-150 dashboard, and instrumentation. Apparently we will be getting the whole thing. I saw a plant layout yesterday, and The millright project planner is currently working on the bid to do the necessary moving of equipment for the space they want for this. We are also getting the new crossover, door panels and dashboards and instrumentation assembly. The paint system is going to be utilized even less than it is now. So I don't know if there will be a net increase in jobs in the plant. But this may also be working to delay buyouts, as they try to decide what future manpower levels they will need. Plus we have other bids out there.

I don't pretend to understand any of it. We were doing the escape dashboard, and instrumentation assembly, giving them the numbers they wanted, at the price they wanted, with no quality defects, and they pulled it. Why?...who the fuck knows. Maybe because the job made money they could sell it. I talk to the project planners every day, the cimms guys, and union guys, and talking to any of them things aren't so bad. I think the thing really driving us nuts is that the market is so slow all the tlos makes everyone worried. That with the uncertainty of what will happen makes us all uptight.

Personally, I think what we all need if for the industry to pick up. Sure, they want to sell the plant, but I don't look at that as such a bad thing as long as someone who WANTS to make parts for a profit buys it. I think in that circumstance, most of us would be allright. The fact that the market sucks makes things so iffy. Ford won't carry the ACH plants long term, and closing them and selling off the work is something that thay would negotiate with the union if things don't start picking up.

I don't pretend to understand any of it. We were doing the escape dashboard, and instrumentation assembly, giving them the numbers they wanted, at the price they wanted, with no quality defects, and they pulled it. Why?...who the fuck knows. Maybe because the job made money they could sell it. I talk to the project planners every day, the cimms guys, and union guys, and talking to any of them things aren't so bad. I think the thing really driving us nuts is that the market is so slow all the tlos makes everyone worried. That with the uncertainty of what will happen makes us all uptight.

Ford won't carry the ACH plants long term, and closing them and selling off the work is something that thay would negotiate with the union if things don't start picking up.

I seriously doubt if they sold the contract, one of the first "buyers" to show up on the doorstep of Sheldon Road was Plastech, looking to buy our molding contracts. No go. This job could have gone back to Visteon, we are pulling work from Visteon, mold work that used to be done at Toledo Mold, which is still owned by Visteon, is showing up in our plant. The union guys and product planners might not think things are "so bad", but I don't think they're looking at '08 when the wages at all of the supplier plants will be a LOT lower than they are at this time. As far as how long ACH is going to be around, I wouldn't count on them being here past the expiration of this contract. The company doesn't have to do much negotiating when they decide to "idle" plants, and they probably have unpublished letters in the current agreement to cover our particular situation.

Interesting, Utica is being told they have the F-150? Its not what Im hearing.

I'll tell you what, Something is brewing up big time..

Either my local union or yours is full of shit.

What "car" are you guys rumored to get.

I'd be really surprised if they brought in the 150 dash, but I could be wrong. The union isn't saying a word, only jobs are coming, which not sure why Ford would invest money into a plant that lost $88.9million last year, when its forsale??? We where told that the plant would be completely sold by the end of the contract, by the head of ACH.

Personally, I think what we all need if for the industry to pick up.

Agreed! I think if sales ever pick up, it'd go a long way toward taking some of the pressure off management to constantly cut, cut, cut. Upper management would have a tough time demanding cuts---pay, benefits, plant sales, closures---if we were making a consistent profit.

Look at Chrysler: during the '03 contract year, Chrysler identified 3 plants that were "troubled:" Detroit Axle, Toledo Machining, and another plant I can't remember the name of. Since then, Chrysler has posted a consistent profit (mainly by bringing out some cool vehicles). One of the results of this is Chrysler mgmt. no longer talks about unloading those plants. And, I think our counterparts at Chrysler would respond with a rousing "hell no!" to any Chrysler demand for pay & benefit cuts.

I'd be really surprised if they brought in the 150 dash, but I could be wrong. The union isn't saying a word, only jobs are coming, which not sure why Ford would invest money into a plant that lost $88.9million last year, when its forsale??? We where told that the plant would be completely sold by the end of the contract, by the head of ACH.

Well, Al Ver and other Ford/ACH spokespeople have said the process of selling or closing all the LLC plants "will take years." Also, as of late last year, most of the Ford/ACH spokespeople (can't remember their names) said they expected to have ONE (1) ACH plant sold by the end of '06. So, it sounds like this is gonna take awhile.

Did you see Delphi's timetable? When the Delphi corporate nazi's dropped their bombshell on Friday 3-31-06, they stated they want 21 Delphi plants sold or closed by January '08! I'd say there's no fucking way. :)

Personally, I think what we all need if for the industry to pick up.

Agreed! I think if sales ever pick up, it'd go a long way toward taking some of the pressure off management to constantly cut, cut, cut. Upper management would have a tough time demanding cuts---pay, benefits, plant sales, closures---if we were making a consistent profit.

Look at Chrysler: during the '03 contract year, Chrysler identified 3 plants that were "troubled:" Detroit Axle, Toledo Machining, and another plant I can't remember the name of. Since then, Chrysler has posted a consistent profit (mainly by bringing out some cool vehicles). One of the results of this is Chrysler mgmt. no longer talks about unloading those plants. And, I think our counterparts at Chrysler would respond with a rousing "hell no!" to any Chrysler demand for pay & benefit cuts.

I agree, and I really agree with your statement of "mainly by bringing out some cool vehicles" this is why our market share is going backward. If we had jaw dropping cars we would be ahead of the game, and not sheading people.