Canadian buying US vehicle with X-plan?

DougB

I live in Canada and qualify for X-plan with Ford (have my PIN number). The price differential between US and Canadian vehicles is still significant, dispite the strong dollar. I live close to the border and hope to buy my next vehicle (a 2009 Escape) in the US to save some money. Any chance a US dealer would let me purchase X-plan with the Canada PIN - is there even any difference between the Canada/US X plans and PIN's?

I live in Canada and qualify for X-plan with Ford (have my PIN number). The price differential between US and Canadian vehicles is still significant, dispite the strong dollar. I live close to the border and hope to buy my next vehicle (a 2009 Escape) in the US to save some money. Any chance a US dealer would let me purchase X-plan with the Canada PIN - is there even any difference between the Canada/US X plans and PIN's?

I believe they're different - I know that U.S. employees have to call the A/Z/X/D plan center to obtain a X plan pin for a Canadian resident. I would imagine it works both ways.

If you're using the Ford Partner program, there is a selection box on the main page for U.S. or Canada - you might be able to generate your own PIN using the U.S. version.