possibility of much more than 34 mpg?

vichybrid

My question is;;;

I will do about 2 hours of driving a week in neighborhood roads, and also raods with tons of slow traffic and lights... thereby going less than 40 mph, so, if this is the case, could I get possiblty 50mpg as opposed to the publish 34 mpg?

Just a thought...

please share your opinions, thanks so much

My question is;;;

I will do about 2 hours of driving a week in neighborhood roads, and also raods with tons of slow traffic and lights... thereby going less than 40 mph, so, if this is the case, could I get possiblty 50mpg as opposed to the publish 34 mpg?

Just a thought...

If you are talking about a hybrid Escape, the maximum I would expect is around 35 (FWD) or 31 (AWD), both with moderate A/C use (ECON) and careful driving. If you drive it in a "normal" manner, expect about 30 (FWD) and 27 (AWD). You have to drive it like a hybrid to get better MPG. Any of these figures is much better than the conventional Escape in town - a lot better, in fact.

If you want to try the "hypermiler" techniques, you might be able to get a bit higher, but very few people get to 40 MPG or higher.

Edited by stevedebi

My question is;;;

Just a thought...

Hi vichybrid

Got my '09 FWD FEHL last Monday and am quickly learning the driving tricks it takes to get 50mpg tanks from it. The great news is you don't have to shift it to "N" or "L" to get this kind of mileage, just take advantage of Ford's design. Ford made some major changes like fuel-cut when you let off the gas pedal, cruise at 40mph in all electric and a higher more powerful efficient 2.5L engine than the prior 2.3L engine. The voice command system works great and the Nav system has a 40GB hard drive just for the maps and navigational system. The maps include restaurants and points of interest of every State, Canada, and Mexico and can be updated every year. There is also a 10GB hard drive for music and picture downloads.

Two days ago I did a 22 mile round trip and got 55.9mpg on E-10 (ethanol) gas in 90 degree weather. Had a tailwind going and got 59.8mpg, but had a headwind to fight on my return which brought me down to a 55.9 round trip average. This is with a vehicle with only 100 miles on it and far from broke-in.

The suspension has been redone and '09 FEH and all the Escapes now ride like a Lincoln. Now I have two FWD FEH's, an '05 and an '09, but this '09 is unreal and everything you could ask for in an SUV. You just let off the gas pedal under 40mph and you go instant EV saving loads of gas. Above 40mph you just let off the gas (A/C off) and fuel is cut just like your in EV at 9,999mpg and Open-Loop. Learn the Pulse & Glide technique and your mileage will be far above 34mpg.

Good Luck getting your hands on one of these fabulous vehicles before everyone finds out about them.