Saline....Is it true?

whatunion?

Ok here is the nut kicker!! I had the same information as all the rest of the plant. I chose to stay, People get scared they do drastic things. I decided to stay and see what happens. Pete only told the people the info he had at the time and things change very quick in the auto industry. So dont get your panties in a bunch just because you made a bad decission and flowed back. We all have to live with the decissions we make. All I know is I wont be leaving the Saline Plant until I am told that you stay and make $14 or whatever or you move on to a Ford Facility.

I learnd a long time ago not to volunteer for anything!! :shades:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoped that everybody had a good labor day. Well I would like to add my 2 cents in as well, I to took a flow back and hate every minute of it. Nobody force me to go but we was under the influence that it was going to be sold so i wanted to make sure i had a place to go. I ended up at DTP worked for about 3 weeks then laid off till sept 22. dats fuked up but what the hell. I would do anything to know what i know now cause i would of stayed at saline... I wish everybody the best of luck with our jobs and hopefully shit will come around and prayn out my ass to go back to saline wishfull thinking but who knows............

Hoped that everybody had a good labor day. Well I would like to add my 2 cents in as well, I to took a flow back and hate every minute of it. Nobody force me to go but we was under the influence that it was going to be sold so i wanted to make sure i had a place to go. I ended up at DTP worked for about 3 weeks then laid off till sept 22. dats fuked up but what the hell. I would do anything to know what i know now cause i would of stayed at saline... I wish everybody the best of luck with our jobs and hopefully shit will come around and prayn out my ass to go back to saline wishfull thinking but who knows............
So many people who have taken flowback wishes they never did it. That's why I'm staying put in Indy, and in the end, hopefully my seniority will take me somewhere...with 23yrs right now you would think I will land somewhere. I figure it's better to put off flowback as long as I can.

Dont get me wrong I don't wish anyone ill will. But I hate it when people say "They told me I should leave"

Remember when your mothers or fathers used to say "If they told you to jump of a bridge would you" I figured if I stayed I would work until I went into Job protective status, which was a gamble I was willing to take. Everyone's situation is different and people have to do what they think is right. But with that being said I just hate it when people make a decission to do something then want to blame others for the deccission they made.

Dont get me wrong I don't wish anyone ill will. But I hate it when people say "They told me I should leave"

Remember when your mothers or fathers used to say "If they told you to jump of a bridge would you" I figured if I stayed I would work until I went into Job protective status, which was a gamble I was willing to take. Everyone's situation is different and people have to do what they think is right. But with that being said I just hate it when people make a decission to do something then want to blame others for the deccission they made.

I agree wit ya Smokn everybody gota make there own choices. But wat sucks is some of my buddys that went to DTP got ILO wich is bullshit. They could have stayed at saline and kept workn, would have been nice if they would have had a heads up to say that could happen. I kept telling them thatdont ask everybody what they are doing just figure out whats best for them. But im sure i speak for alot and say if we had to do it all over we would stay right there with all of our saline brothers and just ride it out......

we look to our leadership(union officials) for guidance. we do make our own choices, however we make those choices based on how we interpreted the guidance. In this case many of us Interprted wrong! these are BIG decisions to make which is why we look for guidance from the leadership. I hold no grudges against any official, but I learned real quick that I will guide my own doom in the future. JMO.

we look to our leadership(union officials) for guidance. we do make our own choices, however we make those choices based on how we interpreted the guidance. In this case many of us Interprted wrong! these are BIG decisions to make which is why we look for guidance from the leadership. I hold no grudges against any official, but I learned real quick that I will guide my own doom in the future. JMO.

We were asked to make life altering decisions blindly. We were not given all the facts. I believe (and this is just my opinion) that our union leadership had more information on the JCI sale than they were willing to share with the membership. Omiting facts is the same thing as lying. Without ALL the facts we could not make an informed decision. Just as when Johnson COntrols "officially" backed out and I called the union office and was told, "I know more than I can talk about over the phone." I believe they knew the sale was slipping away but weren't willing to share that with the membership. I don't blame the union for the decision I made.........I blame them for not giving me ALL the information they had, so I could make an informed decision.

Ok here is the nut kicker!! I had the same information as all the rest of the plant. I chose to stay, People get scared they do drastic things. I decided to stay and see what happens. Pete only told the people the info he had at the time and things change very quick in the auto industry. So dont get your panties in a bunch just because you made a bad decission and flowed back. We all have to live with the decissions we make. All I know is I wont be leaving the Saline Plant until I am told that you stay and make $14 or whatever or you move on to a Ford Facility.

I learnd a long time ago not to volunteer for anything!! :shades:

I don't think you understood what I was staying. If you think the Union leadership learned that JCI was backing out a few weeks ago your sadly mistaken. Ask your leadership why they were saying up to the end its a "done deal"? People make decisions on what they are told by the leadership for guidence. Not everyone can afford to "stay around and see what happens". Ask a person on ILO how he or she feels about being told "its a done deal".

I don't think you understood what I was staying. If you think the Union leadership learned that JCI was backing out a few weeks ago your sadly mistaken. Ask your leadership why they were saying up to the end its a "done deal"? People make decisions on what they are told by the leadership for guidence. Not everyone can afford to "stay around and see what happens". Ask a person on ILO how he or she feels about being told "its a done deal".

if you get ILO i know you get SUB/UE for a period of time then you go to jsp, but dont you also get sent back to your home plant if you get ILO? or did they sign off on that when they left?

if you get ILO i know you get SUB/UE for a period of time then you go to jsp, but dont you also get sent back to your home plant if you get ILO? or did they sign off on that when they left?
I'm pretty sure when you sign up for flowback and you leave, you give up all rights of returning to your home plant. Your new home plant is the one you moved too.

Hit the nail on the head Frank.

I thought utica had piss poor union representatives.......these clowns here are an embarassment to the ideals of the UAW. Election time should be the wake up call, but then again how many relatives did this idiot peter get hired.....................better find your tool pouch pete and take your BUTT-BUDDY chuck with you

Ok heres the deal when a company and union go into negotiations they are bond by certain laws. These laws say that they cannot talk about negotiations, PERIOD. So even if they knew the deal was going to fall threw thats something they could not dicuss. I know for a fact that they didnt know until the very end.

I also have freinds that flowed to DTP and got ILO'd it sucks but no matter where you work in the system you can be ILO'd. I wish you all the best of luck in these trying times.

Smokin out!

And as far as exiled is concerned maybe if we ran our plant like Utica we'd be better off?? Is that what your saying?? I mean I might be wrong but arnt they closing that plant?

Edited by SMOKIN

Ok heres the deal when a company and union go into negotiations they are bond by certain laws. These laws say that they cannot talk about negotiations, PERIOD. So even if they knew the deal was going to fall threw thats something they could not dicuss. I know for a fact that they didnt know until the very end.

I understand being bound by law and not being able to speak about negotiations BUT........that would include saying, "It's a done deal" Correct? Not speaking means not speaking>

geez, imagine the can of worms....After Pete and Chuck told all the apprentices to give up their skilled trades status, and flow back as production....Some of those guys went to other plants and got layed off. Alot of people retired due to the advice of our local union. Now imagine the can of worms if ford takes the plant back over. I wonder if there is any legal recourse for those people to come back? :stirpot:

I happened to be listening in when Chuck was talking to a group of apprentices and what he actually told them was if they really wanted to flowback to a Ford plant their chances were better as production employees. He never told them to give up their apprenticeship but that they could go on a prefrential list once they got there.

I thought utica had piss poor union representatives.......these clowns here are an embarassment to the ideals of the UAW. Election time should be the wake up call, but then again how many relatives did this idiot peter get hired.....................better find your tool pouch pete and take your BUTT-BUDDY chuck with you

Last I checked exiled, nobody twisted your arm to come to Saline. In fact I do believe you received a substantial amount of money to come here. Maybe you should have stayed where you were and you could listen to the crickets chirp. I sure Pete or Chuck either one would be glad to address your concerns face to face instead of hiding behind your keyboard posting simple minded comments.

I happened to be listening in when Chuck was talking to a group of apprentices and what he actually told them was if they really wanted to flowback to a Ford plant their chances were better as production employees. He never told them to give up their apprenticeship but that they could go on a prefrential list once they got there.

I love how the rules have changed. I wanted to flowback to AAI in '03, but was told I had to give my apprenticeship up to do it.