Speaker Placement on Audophile System

Dragline

Does anyone know the speaker placement on the Audiophile sound system in the Escape/Mariner? It says there are 7 speakers, but when I was checking out a Mariner this weekend, I could only spot 5 -- one in each door, and a subwoofer in the cargo area. The window sticker confirmed it had the Audiophile system.

Does anyone know the speaker placement on the Audiophile sound system in the Escape/Mariner? It says there are 7 speakers, but when I was checking out a Mariner this weekend, I could only spot 5 -- one in each door, and a subwoofer in the cargo area. The window sticker confirmed it had the Audiophile system.

You might try asking the dealership. I am sure they would be happy to tell you. :banghead:

The two tweeters is what your not seeing. On my '05 FEH the tweeters were mounted along the front door windows on the door. They sounded great there IMO, but on later models and my '09 FEHL Ford made the lower door speakers a combination of both. I was concerned the combination speaker would not sound as good as my '05 FEH, but they sound great also. Not sure, but I heard Ford upgraded the '09 speakers to Sony and that may be the reason for the quality sound in my '09 FEHL W/Nav so called 7 speaker system. I haven't taken the covers off to verify what I've read, but as long as they sound great I'm not complaining.

Edited by GaryG

The two tweeters is what your not seeing. On my '05 FEH the tweeters were mounted along the front door windows on the door. They sounded great there IMO, but on later models and my '09 FEHL Ford made the lower door speakers a combination of both. I was concerned the combination speaker would not sound as good as my '05 FEH, but they sound great also. Not sure, but I heard Ford upgraded the '09 speakers to Sony and that may be the reason for the quality sound in my '09 FEHL W/Nav so called 7 speaker system. I haven't taken the covers off to verify what I've read, but as long as they sound great I'm not complaining.

I'm glad to hear the '09s sound well. I was hoping for the tweeters mounted on the tops of the doors (near the mirrors) -- that's what I have in a '97 Sable and it really makes a difference in the sound quality.

I ended up ordering an '09 Mariner, but never really checked out the stereo since, even if it sucked, it wasn't going to be a deal breaker for me. I'm excited and can't wait for it to arrive.