saline

beaver

Pete (Chairman) and Bruce (plant manager) had a meeting with some skilled trades (the meeting where they discuss buyout options etc for trades) and YOUR BOY Pete stated "No Ford workers are coming back to Saline".

Don't shoot the messenger.

nma.img-ci20051301-034-wm-vs1.jpg

Captain,

Is this your location??

UAW Region 1A

9650 South Telegraph Road

Mr.Gamble?

I'm just asking.

I wish...could you put in a good word for me.....I would rather go to my Region, Region 1 Joe Peters, it would be a shorter drive!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Tool,

How many years have you work at Saline? Since you are on this Saline topic you must have work at Saline because you know so much! Naive no. JCI was close to buying Saline. Plastech is the main reason the deal did not go thru. The rate to barrow money is another. The reasons you gave are not even the issues. You are right about one thing only I wasn't at Cobo Hall, but I was at my state of the plant meeting. The issues I brought up is correct from Cobo. This info came from my plant manager and chairman. Are you working? From what I've read from your comments it doesn't sound like it. If your laid off I'm sorry about that. Hopefully you have enough senority to be picked up some where. Don't be so bitter, Ford is overloading all plant to get rid of all laid off workers. This is happening now.

Rabbit sorry to inform you that the captain is correct. The coference was not to discuss Supply base, laid off workers and overtime. Those issues never came up at the conference, I know I was there. Now in saying that maybe some of those issues were discussed behind closed doors with those privledged individuals. But in now way shape of form did they bring up those issues in the main coference or in our individual class rooms.

So next time you post becarefull who you call a tool, Because at the moment you looking like the biggest one!

Rabbit sorry to inform you that the captain is correct. The coference was not to discuss Supply base, laid off workers and overtime. Those issues never came up at the conference, I know I was there. Now in saying that maybe some of those issues were discussed behind closed doors with those privledged individuals. But in now way shape of form did they bring up those issues in the main coference or in our individual class rooms.

So next time you post becarefull who you call a tool, Because at the moment you looking like the biggest one!

So? What was brought up? :stirpot:

:ohsnap:

Ok your right the conferences were not to discuss supply base. I should have worded it better than saying it was a major topic, but it is for my plant. We are having a supplier issue with the volume increase. The source I got was first hand in the meeting. Privledged don't know. Overtime and laidoff workers are a issue at my plant. These topics were repeated the state of the plant meeting from the conferences. The main conference was political BS. Hope this clears it up for you Smokin. Captain was getting to stat to sound like Chirper. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Ok your right the conferences were not to discuss supply base. I should have worded it better than saying it was a major topic, but it is for my plant. We are having a supplier issue with the volume increase. The source I got was first hand in the meeting. Privledged don't know. Overtime and laidoff workers are a issue at my plant. These topics were repeated the state of the plant meeting from the conferences. The main conference was political BS. Hope this clears it up for you Smokin. Captain was getting to stat to sound like Chirper. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

but you see i dont critize others for what they say,by the way where is the capt.. of my heart??he"s been strangely quiet the last few days???

I had the pleasure of relaxing for almost an hour while at work today. Went with other Ford ee's where seperation was discussed.

I dont recall the exact numbers (80?), But Saline will be bringing in more workers soon, Orange, Blue or off the street is not known yet. Bruce stated that the International neeeds to makes the call on blue returning soon. They will be bring these new people in the first/second week of october. and a few more later on this year IIRC. (I failed to take a notepad!)

Bruce clearly stated that flowbackers who are currently working in a Ford plant will not return. He noted the contractual language for blue returning to ach. The only possible option is for JSP/ILO'ed workers to return. And this is up in the air due to international not making the call.. Yet.

We will have the International at this Saturday's union meeting. It should be quite a show.

I had the pleasure of relaxing for almost an hour while at work today. Went with other Ford ee's where seperation was discussed.

I dont recall the exact numbers (80?), But Saline will be bringing in more workers soon, Orange, Blue or off the street is not known yet. Bruce stated that the International neeeds to makes the call on blue returning soon. They will be bring these new people in the first/second week of october. and a few more later on this year IIRC. (I failed to take a notepad!)

Bruce clearly stated that flowbackers who are currently working in a Ford plant will not return. He noted the contractual language for blue returning to ach. The only possible option is for JSP/ILO'ed workers to return. And this is up in the air due to international not making the call.. Yet.

We will have the International at this Saturday's union meeting. It should be quite a show.

We heard the same thing today at DTP. We are all going down to local 892 to give are voice on the matter. There will be a bunch of us down there to hear the final answer on this issue, I know alot of people felt like we flow back so we dont have the right to return, but we all have familys so we did what we thought what was right. However i feel we left under false pretencese when they said that this was the last time we could go to a ford plant. But now being down at DTP we hear different and hear saline gots alot of work and we down here getting laid off. I know we all made our own choices but we thought that we had to leave to stay ford. I wish all of my brothers and sisters the best of luck whatever comes of this and i know alot of us are driving 60-70 miles one way to make things work. So lets keep our fingers cross and maybe we'll see some good from this................

We heard the same thing today at DTP. We are all going down to local 892 to give are voice on the matter. There will be a bunch of us down there to hear the final answer on this issue, I know alot of people felt like we flow back so we dont have the right to return, but we all have familys so we did what we thought what was right. However i feel we left under false pretencese when they said that this was the last time we could go to a ford plant. But now being down at DTP we hear different and hear saline gots alot of work and we down here getting laid off. I know we all made our own choices but we thought that we had to leave to stay ford. I wish all of my brothers and sisters the best of luck whatever comes of this and i know alot of us are driving 60-70 miles one way to make things work. So lets keep our fingers cross and maybe we'll see some good from this................

HOLY! 60-70 miles one way? Where do you live?

Yep, there's lot's of us with that commute. 57 miles for me. Believe it or not, Wildo, there is life west of Saline. But not another Ford plant.

I know there is life out west. My in-law's, sister in law and friends are out that way.

I see now what the Beav meant. his trip from home to DTP. I thought he was speaking about being 60-70 miles from the union hall. :banghead:

I know there is life out west. My in-law's, sister in law and friends are out that way.

I see now what the Beav meant. his trip from home to DTP. I thought he was speaking about being 60-70 miles from the union hall. :banghead:

I feel your pain, and many of Monroe's former employees will as well. A lot of us live either in Toledo OH, or just north of it. I'm in JSP, but as soon as I transfer to a Ford plant, I am looking at a minimum of a 55 mile one way trip, unless by some miracle Woodhaven or AAI takes some of us.

Thats the reason many of us were reluctant to flowback, as well as the ones that didn't . most everyone still in Saline lives west of Saline. My carpool crew was gone from home almost 14hrs. per day for a 10 hr. shift in DTP. First you pick everyone up, then haul ass, so you can find a traffic jamb or accident , then when you finally get there you have a long walk in . I guess we do what we have to , but it sucks.

For many people moving is not that easy , I have kids in school , family ect...

Edited by Hi-lo Saline

Thats the reason many of us were reluctant to flowback, as well as the ones that didn't . most everyone still in Saline lives west of Saline. My carpool crew was gone from home almost 14hrs. per day for a 10 hr. shift in DTP. First you pick everyone up, then haul ass, so you can find a traffic jamb or accident , then when you finally get there you have a long walk in . I guess we do what we have to , but it sucks.

For many people moving is not that easy , I have kids in school , family ect...

Right now, I'd say moving is not even fathomable. With the housing market the way it is now, those of us who have a home to sell would lose our asses.

I feel your pain, and many of Monroe's former employees will as well. A lot of us live either in Toledo OH, or just north of it. I'm in JSP, but as soon as I transfer to a Ford plant, I am looking at a minimum of a 55 mile one way trip, unless by some miracle Woodhaven or AAI takes some of us.

55 miles......I am assuming that will be up I-75. That 55 miles will take you about 1 and 1/2 hrs due to construction. :shift: I drove down to Cinn. this weekend. Going down was not bad, but coming back up by AAI and then through the Detroit construction. What a mess. What was they thinking to do both them construction projects at one time. :banghead: You are a electricia right?? I thought you said you were....hopefully you will find something closer than 55 miles, and if not go NW not N. I am sure 275 and 94 are much better than the mess I drove in this weekend. I thought 696 was screwed up, I-75 is road rage waiting to happen! :rant:

I am very fortunate to not have such a long drive Pioneer. My sen. never made the cut for the flowback I signed for.

Thats right people, I signed a flowback paper too! Everyone was scared, "They" put on one hell of a show! The 8:50am conversation I had with Pete on D-day was the reason why I signed a paper.... There are still a number of people at Saline who signed and never got called due to open positions being filled up.

And for the record (you can quote me if you wish), Im not against anyone who flowed back returning. Shit, I miss many of you. This place has NOT been the same since you all left that is for fucking sure!.

I can save you all a long drive and tell you they dont have an answer to if the blue people will be allowed to come back to Saline. So might just want to save your gas money. Plus one of us will post up any info if they do come to an agreement before tommorrow but I would say thats not likely.