Center Stack Information Center

GopherM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is doing the same thing and it is a 2009. I have had it for 2 weeks and the first couple of days it was working fine and then stopped. It is irritating me that it is doing this. Do keep us updated with your progress.

Hi There, thanks for message back,Yes it can be irritating but remember this is only a thing, things can be over come.

I spoke to FORD today, the guys are really pleasent to talk to there. As far as I know, I'm the only one that has called FORD to let them know of the issue. Really all you guys should call, its not a long wait, I called at lunch. Basically, you call the main number and enter the prompts 1) for English, 3) Nav/Sync 2) Nav.

Explain your case as I did and if more people call, the faster it will get looked at, I believe. It will get better attention if more people call in with the same issue. The call will go faster if you register at the http://www.syncmyride.com site. The gentleman asked me my last name and zip and he was able to pull up all my info, including VIN number and home and email addresses. It was quite painless.

Like I said, the more people that they know are effected, the more priority it gets.

-paul

Hi There, thanks for message back,Yes it can be irritating but remember this is only a thing, things can be over come.

I spoke to FORD today, the guys are really pleasent to talk to there. As far as I know, I'm the only one that has called FORD to let them know of the issue. Really all you guys should call, its not a long wait, I called at lunch. Basically, you call the main number and enter the prompts 1) for English, 3) Nav/Sync 2) Nav.

Explain your case as I did and if more people call, the faster it will get looked at, I believe. It will get better attention if more people call in with the same issue. The call will go faster if you register at the http://www.syncmyride.com site. The gentleman asked me my last name and zip and he was able to pull up all my info, including VIN number and home and email addresses. It was quite painless.

Like I said, the more people that they know are effected, the more priority it gets.

-paul

Paul,

Thanks for taking the lead on this for us and providing valuable feedback.

NOW the most important question.....What number do we call???????

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there;

Got it right off the website:800-392-3673

I called the 800 number and was told to take the FE back to the dealer. Dealer said at the moment there are no TSB’s for this issue. He did ask us to bring the FE in and he will re-flash the unit to see if that will correct the problem.

09Escape

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There:

I was just wondering if you had a chance to do this?

I called the 800 number and was told to take the FE back to the dealer. Dealer said at the moment there are no TSB’s for this issue. He did ask us to bring the FE in and he will re-flash the unit to see if that will correct the problem.

09Escape

• 2 weeks later...
Hi There:

I was just wondering if you had a chance to do this?

Yes we went to the dealer Jan 8 and he found that he needed a Male to Male USB cable for the update. He did not have that cable so he was unable to do the update. The Ford system showed one Sync 1.2 update and a display update (TBS 08-25-3) I updated Sync myself and will take the FE back when the dealer calls me. Not sure what the display update actually updates.

Yes we went to the dealer Jan 8 and he found that he needed a Male to Male USB cable for the update. He did not have that cable so he was unable to do the update. The Ford system showed one Sync 1.2 update and a display update (TBS 08-25-3) I updated Sync myself and will take the FE back when the dealer calls me. Not sure what the display update actually updates.

Hi There:

Thanks for writing back and thanks for the info. Do you know if the TBS 08-25-3 update is hardware or software? I have not upgraded sync yet as time does not allow for it yet, Can you tell me if this issue has been corrected with the 1.2 update? This issue is when you have the CD active when you shutoff the car, when you restart it, the date and time get stuck in the center of the display with an active clock at the upper right?

I should contact Ford again and see what they have found.

-paul

Hi There:

Thanks for writing back and thanks for the info. Do you know if the TBS 08-25-3 update is hardware or software? I have not upgraded sync yet as time does not allow for it yet, Can you tell me if this issue has been corrected with the 1.2 update? This issue is when you have the CD active when you shutoff the car, when you restart it, the date and time get stuck in the center of the display with an active clock at the upper right?

I should contact Ford again and see what they have found.

-paul

paul

TBS 08-25-03 is a software update. Sync 1.2 did not correct the display issue. I think the time display in the centre lets you know the exact time the escape was started. This is a good feature when your on a trip. I'm waiting for the weather to clear so we can take the FE back to the dealer to do display update. This may be a couple of weeks since we are not driving it with all the salt on the roads.

paul

TBS 08-25-03 is a software update. Sync 1.2 did not correct the display issue. I think the time display in the centre lets you know the exact time the escape was started. This is a good feature when your on a trip. I'm waiting for the weather to clear so we can take the FE back to the dealer to do display update. This may be a couple of weeks since we are not driving it with all the salt on the roads.

I wrote FORD, they couldn't get me any info on the update either, so I must find a dealer to look into this furthure, thanks for the update!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my 09 FEH Tuesday (after a 5 month wait) and so far this is my only complaint! If I have any media on (nav, cd, mp3 player, usb, etc) the clock on the center console disappears. As long as it's powered off the clock displays the time and date. There's no clock to be found anywhere on the displays with the radio on. Gotta flip the radio off see what time it is then turn the radio back on....could be a problem driving to work in the mornings :boring: How will I know if I need to speed to work or if I can scoot down the road in electric mode?! Has anyone had any luck figuring this out?

Just picked up my 09 FEH Tuesday (after a 5 month wait) and so far this is my only complaint! If I have any media on (nav, cd, mp3 player, usb, etc) the clock on the center console disappears. As long as it's powered off the clock displays the time and date. There's no clock to be found anywhere on the displays with the radio on. Gotta flip the radio off see what time it is then turn the radio back on....could be a problem driving to work in the mornings :boring: How will I know if I need to speed to work or if I can scoot down the road in electric mode?! Has anyone had any luck figuring this out?

So when the radio or media player is on, your display in the center of the center console is gone, It does not appear in the upper right of the display?

Here is a test, do you own a cell phone with bluetooth? If so, pair it up and make a call, over where the clock is suppose to be, there should be a bluetooth icon and a phone icon when making a call. Are those there?

That is odd...my clock stays on constantly but the date does go away if I have the radio on. If I leave it off or play a CD then the date displays. But again, my clock is there always.

Hi There:

I forgot to ask, on the left hand side there should be a display of what mode your in using the color blue. So, if your listening to FM you should see the FM text in the display on the left just by the thermostate reading which should be in White.

-paul

Everything in the center console stays on when the media (any of them) is on other than the clock. Blue tooth icon shows up, phone shows up, temperatures are displayed. But as soon as the radio or media...basically as soon as you turn on anything that would have audio the clock (time and date) disappear.

Gopher...I sure never mentioned anything about logic. Don't confuse a good story with the facts as my boss used to say. I agree that it appears odd, quirky even. I just don't know enough yet to assume it is not working as it was designed. Some brainiac somewhere could easily have said 'hey, they don't need this data in these situations so we will turn it off'. Might not be how you or I would think about it but I just don't know yet. I am also not sure if the Center Stack issue is more of a 'whoever programmed those electronics' versus a Microsoft issue. I think the Center Stack was in the 2008 models which did not have Sync thus did not have Microsoft in the vehicles. I would like to have an 08 user chime in on their experiences. Then it still would have to be determined if this is a Microsoft issue or a Ford/Microsoft compatibility issue which could reside on one side, the other side, or both sides of the equation.

I had an 08 and never had any issues with the center stack display.

However, my 09 FEHL only shows AM or PM in the center stack display when the NAV system is turned on (no time displayed at all).

And my MENU - CLOCK tab on the NAV system does not have a "Display Clock" option as shown on Page 27 of the Owners Manual...meaning that the clock doesn't even appear in the Status Bars of the NAV system.

The only thing appearing in the top Status Bar in my 09 FEHL is the direction. Is this common among all of you, or does your top status bar show other icons and information?

I wrote FORD, they couldn't get me any info on the update either, so I must find a dealer to look into this furthure, thanks for the update!!

I returned to my dealer with 09 FE today to re-flash the Nav system. The re-flash made no difference except it corrected a problem after I upgraded to Sync 1.2. The problem showed up the following day when it would no longer see the USB and system became very unstable. (Hard to believe that a Microsoft program can become unstable.) I’m now getting very frustrated and do not know what to do next.

I returned to my dealer with 09 FE today to re-flash the Nav system. The re-flash made no difference except it corrected a problem after I upgraded to Sync 1.2. The problem showed up the following day when it would no longer see the USB and system became very unstable. (Hard to believe that a Microsoft program can become unstable.) I’m now getting very frustrated and do not know what to do next.

Hi There:

How do you mean unstable?

This system is called Microsoft Auto, there is a lot of information on it, on the net. It is running on Windows CE 6.0.

I would a, make sure the USB stick is good, if you have a net cruzer stick, delete the security software on it.

Thats all I can suggest or report this back at your dealer, they should be able to fix it. I myself am looking for a service manual.

Hi There:

How do you mean unstable?

This system is called Microsoft Auto, there is a lot of information on it, on the net. It is running on Windows CE 6.0.

I would a, make sure the USB stick is good, if you have a net cruzer stick, delete the security software on it.

Thats all I can suggest or report this back at your dealer, they should be able to fix it. I myself am looking for a service manual.

By unstable I mean when the USB stick was inserted it did not show up but when it was removed the system showed USB REMOVED. When I tried to use sync I would get a error message like SYSTEM Does Not Support Bluetooth. When using the Media button the voice would disappear sometimes. Yet it would still take my voice commands but would not let me use the phone. It would say No Phone but I could manually see the address book. The whole system would also freeze forcing me to pull over turn the key off then open and close the door and start it up again. I think the Sync 1.2 upgrade may have caused most of the problems except for the freezing. That was there from the beginning. Sync worked OK today but it has only been a day since the dealer re-flashed the system. Like I wrote in a earlier post the re-flash did not fix the Centre Stack Display Issue that we are all having.

• 2 weeks later...
By unstable I mean when the USB stick was inserted it did not show up but when it was removed the system showed USB REMOVED. When I tried to use sync I would get a error message like SYSTEM Does Not Support Bluetooth. When using the Media button the voice would disappear sometimes. Yet it would still take my voice commands but would not let me use the phone. It would say No Phone but I could manually see the address book. The whole system would also freeze forcing me to pull over turn the key off then open and close the door and start it up again. I think the Sync 1.2 upgrade may have caused most of the problems except for the freezing. That was there from the beginning. Sync worked OK today but it has only been a day since the dealer re-flashed the system. Like I wrote in a earlier post the re-flash did not fix the Centre Stack Display Issue that we are all having.

Just wondering if you have performed a Master reset? I think that what its called? It might be called a factory reset. This might jump you out of the problems, your having.

Just wondering if you have performed a Master reset? I think that what its called? It might be called a factory reset. This might jump you out of the problems, your having.

Yes we have done a master reset. We have not driven the FE since the dealer re-flash. So I don't know if that fixed the Sync issue permenently. Pauli have you had luck getting the Centre Stack issue resolved?

09escape

Yes we have done a master reset. We have not driven the FE since the dealer re-flash. So I don't know if that fixed the Sync issue permenently. Pauli have you had luck getting the Centre Stack issue resolved?

09escape

I called Ford to get an update on my case. The person said that thier system can't read the case information I had left previously. I was going to get to managment next, but I have my job to do, so I havn't yet. Sorry!

I called Ford to get an update on my case. The person said that thier system can't read the case information I had left previously. I was going to get to managment next, but I have my job to do, so I havn't yet. Sorry!

I also called Ford of last week for the second time now. The person on the other end told me he would refere the center stack issue to engineering. He also said someone from there may call me. I wish someone would call and just say that they are working on the issue.

09escape

• 1 month later...

I just had my '09 Escape in for its first warranty service and the dealership still has no update information on the center stack problem. i don't know if it is related or not, but other minor aggrevations are starting to pop-up. Occasionally when I stop the car and leave it parked for a while, the CD will reset to track #1 when I restart the car. Not too bad for music, but I have to do some track skipping if I am listening to a recorded book. I have also had the full map display set itself to the full audio display.