Can dealer install the factory 2nd row console?

sammin

Hi,

Have a question, looking at a Flex with no 2nd row center console from the factory. Does anyone know if the dealer can install the factory console? Not the fridge, just the console.

Thanks

Hi sammin. :D Yes, a Dealer can order it and install it for you. However, not all Dealers care for that type of "modification" work.

Many Dealers prefer sticking to regular maintenance type work. Others will not have problem performing the work you are asking. It all depends on the attitude of the individual Dealership. So you are better off asking ahead of time if it is a prerequisite to purchasing.

Something else to consider: If you are at all handy with basic tools, you could do it yourself. It certainly could not be a hard job (without the refrigerator).

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a SEL and after having it for a week or so now would like to get the second row console with the fridge in it big question is if it is wired for it or not i see that there is a cover between the two sets just not sure what is under the cover or am i stuck with going with the standard console thanks for your help

STAP bother

I have a SEL and after having it for a week or so now would like to get the second row console with the fridge in it big question is if it is wired for it or not i see that there is a cover between the two sets just not sure what is under the cover or am i stuck with going with the standard console thanks for your help

STAP bother

Hi trimmer. :D It is not as simple as just bolting the refrigerator console down where the "standard" console is and hooking up a few wires. There are plumbing lines, a second compressor (and maybe condenser, not sure) and a lot of auxiliary components. You are adding a refrigerator and all the necessary components to your car. It is not really an easy modification.

It would take a lot of modification, and no small amount of cash.

Good luck. :beerchug: