My 09 F450 is Built but in KTP Storage???

245road

I have been anxiously awaiting on the delivery of my 09 F450, 1ftxw43r59eaxxxxx. It's built but hasn't been released from KTP.

I was expecting the truck last week as per the dealer and I sold my 08 F350 - I'm SOL.

My dealer can't get any info on why or how long it will be in storage for a quality control hold.

Is this normal?

Tbone

Edited by 245road

dito for me! my f350 was due on 10/15/2008 at the dealer. WTF!! like you, i am truckless as well. sold my 2000 f250 7.3 a week ago. i was needing it last weekend to haul hay. :censored::banghead::ohsnap:

tommy

MY F550 was due on 10/6 at the dealer but didn't get built until 10/8, and has been in storage ever since. Mine is # A05041

Edited by LSchicago

mine was built on 10/02. talk to my dealer yesterday and said it is on the transport truck and on its way.

i'll beleive it when i see it. :rant:

tjk

Guys, The issue you may be having is if your unit was ordered with the spray- in bedliner option. There is possibly an issue with the first few hundred of these units built that the adhesion of the spray- in is not up to the specs of the durability testing that was done during the pre-builds. It appears that the liner was sprayed on top of the finished clear-coat without having any type of sanding or scuffing performed. I think the plan is to rebuild new boxes for these units to avoid any type of adhesion problems down the road. The Company is very determined to ship units to you guys with the quality at the highest level. I know it sucks for you guys, we are trying to get them right for you. We here at K.T.P. appreciate the confidence you all have placed in us by ordering a vehicle from us. I will keep my ears open for any other possible issues that may affect delivery of your trucks. Believe me, you will love these trucks!! I have been here 14 years and the options available on these units are super, super nice.These trucks are kick-ass

Guys, The issue you may be having is if your unit was ordered with the spray- in bedliner option. There is possibly an issue with the first few hundred of these units built that the adhesion of the spray- in is not up to the specs of the durability testing that was done during the pre-builds. It appears that the liner was sprayed on top of the finished clear-coat without having any type of sanding or scuffing performed. I think the plan is to rebuild new boxes for these units to avoid any type of adhesion problems down the road. The Company is very determined to ship units to you guys with the quality at the highest level. I know it sucks for you guys, we are trying to get them right for you. We here at K.T.P. appreciate the confidence you all have placed in us by ordering a vehicle from us. I will keep my ears open for any other possible issues that may affect delivery of your trucks. Believe me, you will love these trucks!! I have been here 14 years and the options available on these units are super, super nice.These trucks are kick-ass

thanks for the info. however my truck does not have the spray in bedliner.

do you know how long it takes to ship from k.t.p. to st louis?

tommy :devil2:

I just heard the same bedliner issue from my dealer. I'm glad there has been a communication and i hope it doesn't take too long to process. I can't imagine what it takes to change beds in mid stream. Hugh, Thanks for your reply!

Actually a bed change on a finished vehicle is a fairly simple process. The bed would probably be trimmed out just like normal going through the trim shop. There are the six bed bolts attaching the bed to the frame and just some wire loom connectors to remove and to reattach. With the hoist to lift the box this is can be done in less than 1 hour if you have a couple of motivated people. When I get back in on Monday I will try to see where they are in the process. There was a plan in the works to work the paint and body shops on night shifts the next two weeks to build these boxes. That was cancelled. I would think the mix we are running right now with a lot of cab-only units would allow us to build quite a few extra boxes during normal production. I will keep you all posted and will check on other quality holds that may be holding up your trucks. If the find 1 defect on these units they will put a gate hold on all similar units until they can be inspected. We are trying our best to beat our friends at Toyota and give customers quality units. These trucks aint cheap!!

Actually a bed change on a finished vehicle is a fairly simple process. The bed would probably be trimmed out just like normal going through the trim shop. There are the six bed bolts attaching the bed to the frame and just some wire loom connectors to remove and to reattach. With the hoist to lift the box this is can be done in less than 1 hour if you have a couple of motivated people. When I get back in on Monday I will try to see where they are in the process. There was a plan in the works to work the paint and body shops on night shifts the next two weeks to build these boxes. That was cancelled. I would think the mix we are running right now with a lot of cab-only units would allow us to build quite a few extra boxes during normal production. I will keep you all posted and will check on other quality holds that may be holding up your trucks. If the find 1 defect on these units they will put a gate hold on all similar units until they can be inspected. We are trying our best to beat our friends at Toyota and give customers quality units. These trucks aint cheap!!

My 550 is a cab chassis (of course) I don't mind waiting if it's for quality control. My 05 F450 was built without a rear brake line, then held until it could be added (it said "no brake line" on the rear axle in yellow marker). Anticipation of arrival kills us though, that, and the fact that I can't wait to get rid of my 6.0 problem child. Not to mention, I really want to see the Royal red / ebony leather combo that I ordered! Thanks for the info.

My 550 is a cab chassis (of course) I don't mind waiting if it's for quality control. My 05 F450 was built without a rear brake line, then held until it could be added (it said "no brake line" on the rear axle in yellow marker). Anticipation of arrival kills us though, that, and the fact that I can't wait to get rid of my 6.0 problem child. Not to mention, I really want to see the Royal red / ebony leather combo that I ordered! Thanks for the info.

Ford's computer is showing that my truck has been released to shippers 4 times already! And it is still not shipped.

I ordered a F350 and it was due at the dealer on 10-13-08. It does have the sprayin bed liner. The dealer said my truck is in riverside and has a hold on it but does not now why. Does anyone know if the bed will be replaced at the deler now that it has been shiped fro the KTP?

Are all these trucks on hold you guys ordered diesels? If so, they might be on hold until the ECM can get a reflash along with a Venturi installed in the coolant line. The venturi isn't the problem it's the latest reflash from Ford. It doesn't communicate with the TCM and the vehicles won't start (tranny doesn't recognize it's in park or neutral) Read in red on the link....

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/cont...N/11/R08B07.PDF

Edited by Hydro

Are all these trucks on hold you guys ordered diesels? If so, they might be on hold until the ECM can get a reflash along with a Venturi installed in the coolant line. The venturi isn't the problem it's the latest reflash from Ford. It doesn't communicate with the TCM and the vehicles won't start (tranny doesn't recognize it's in park or neutral) Read in red on the link....

mine is a '09 and not part of that tsb.

thanks for the info.

That only affects the 08's. Mine is a 09 V10. I was just told that my F550 was waiting for an exhaust modification ( or damaged exhaust)? and is completed pending shipping.

Edited by LSchicago

I understand your trucks are 09's, but The ECM is still the same (minus the V-10 customer). The update notice came out early October. I'm just wondering if all the 09's leaving the plant might need a reflash and are hold? At this time all reflashes have been stopped until they figure out the TCM communication problem. It's a shot in the dark, let us know if you ever find out why they were held up :beerchug:

Guys, I am starting to see quite a bit of movement on the units that had spray-in bedliner issues. Worked in pre-delivery the last few days and saw quite a few of these vehicles come down the C.A.L line for final inspection and convoy placement. they have had a crew in here on nights this week working on these box changes and have accomplished quite a bit. Will try to get more info on the T.S.B. and see if it may be causing a hold on some units. hope you all see some movement soon on your units

Ford's computer is showing that my truck has been released to shippers 4 times already! And it is still not shipped.

The reason your unit is showing that is probably because it has already been through the gate and then put on hold while in the convoy lot. Every time it comes back through the gate it will trigger some type of electronic record of movement to show where the unit is in a general area. The teamsters were paid a certain amount to bring these units back up to the plant for any type of campaign that might have placed on these units. If the unit has several campaigns this might be the cause for so many trips through the gate.Things should smooth out soon. We had a very late launch this year and units are possibly being held to resolve any potential issues If somebody forgets to shoot a couple of tie-rod ends down all units built within a certain time frame of that unit will be chased down and verified for proper build.

UP DATE on my '09 f350. dealer call this morning and said come and get her. i did. very nice truck.

thanks ktp! :happy feet:

Congrats! I hope mine comes next week, but then I still have to wait for the upfitter to add the towing equipment, and accessories. one more month for me at least.