FEH - Dealer issues - Looong delivery times

richalarmsz

Ordered the FEH Limited 4WD on 7/26. Dealer can't even give me a build date or anything. Last I was in to talk to him, he tells me that they will not honor my X plan pricing. Going in on Monday to ask about the price protection from the price increase. That will be interesting! Can't believe all of this. Long delivery times, shady dealer... Also, this is my first time buying a Ford and after all of this, I just don't know if it is even worth it. Went looking for the Toyota Hybrid on Saturday and was only 2k away from a deal and if they would have met my price, Ford and this dealer could have kept this Escape. So now I'm looking at full sticker price (and I've NEVER paid full sticker) and just not happy at all. Worked with stockholder relations and they told me the dealers are their own bosses and do what they want but she also told me to call the customer satisfaction line and register a complaint... Probably will after Monday's convo with this dealer... If I even continue with this purchase, it will be my last with Ford.

Sorry to hear about your troubles getting into a FEH. A long wait for a new car can be maddening. You may want to consider going to another deal and buying one sitting on the lot. There is not a lot of them out there, but there are a few. You can search for new FEHs at dealers by zip code at www.cars.com. Under "New Cars" enter the vehicle you are looking for and your zip code. Once you get to the results page, you can expand the search in terms of "Distance to Seller" at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps, and good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Edited by MarcusMariner

You have a bad dealer man. Walk away now.

A couple of questions though...did you put down a deposit in July? Did you discuss x-plan pricing with your dealer at that point and get an agreement from him in writing on this?

Don't let this dealer sour you on Ford because they are not related. As noted above, file the complaint and then seek another dealer. Good luck!

Edited by Green Lantern

... If I even continue with this purchase, it will be my last with Ford.

Bummer about your difficulty. I understand the Escape Hybrid is not typically sold for under MSRP, and usually sold over MSRP.

This might not be fair, but it is a very fine vehicle and gets very good gas mileage. I am very happy with mine after a month of driving it, which included a couple of trips to the mountains and to the seacoast. I think Ford built a real winner with this FEH.

I agree with the above ... if you are that upset, cut your line and seek a different dealer. I am constantly amazed at the frustration and effort folks go through in battling to get a $30,000 vehicle.

Edited by Hook686

Ordered the FEH Limited 4WD on 7/26. Dealer can't even give me a build date or anything. Last I was in to talk to him, he tells me that they will not honor my X plan pricing. Going in on Monday to ask about the price protection from the price increase. That will be interesting! Can't believe all of this. Long delivery times, shady dealer... Also, this is my first time buying a Ford and after all of this, I just don't know if it is even worth it. Went looking for the Toyota Hybrid on Saturday and was only 2k away from a deal and if they would have met my price, Ford and this dealer could have kept this Escape. So now I'm looking at full sticker price (and I've NEVER paid full sticker) and just not happy at all. Worked with stockholder relations and they told me the dealers are their own bosses and do what they want but she also told me to call the customer satisfaction line and register a complaint... Probably will after Monday's convo with this dealer... If I even continue with this purchase, it will be my last with Ford.

I hate when dealerships play games. I have become a bit jaded and walk into dealerships knowing they are about to try and bend me over. Anytime a friend of mine is talking about buying a new car I recomend they visit www.carbuyingtips.com before walking into a dealership. What state are you in? Anywhere near NJ? I could recomend a dealership that would take xplan and treat you ok.

I think it is worth the wait but it takes some planning. I ordered my FEHL on 8/4/08 and picked it up on Saturday. I missed the price increase which is my fault. However, I asked for and received X-plan pricing, the plan was about $2,400 off MSRP and it also saved $275 on the doc. fee. Plus I will get a $3000 tax credit!

My point is that some dealers will offer a discount but you need to do your homework and shop around. The key is a good honest dealer who has an allocation available. Only have 50 miles on mine but I love it so far which is saying a lot when I am coming out of 2007 530I! (my wife is now driving the BMW).

Good luck