FEH runs At KC

wax1973

At the risk of having my forum priveleges suspended...can anyone shed light on how the Escape hybrid production runs are determined? Does the assembly line produce only hybrids for like a week at a time every couple of months depending on battery availability? I've been told that the gasoline engine models are "shut down" when enough hybrid components are available. Is this true?

Much appreciated if anyone can help out. Ford rocks.

At the risk of having my forum priveleges suspended...can anyone shed light on how the Escape hybrid production runs are determined? Does the assembly line produce only hybrids for like a week at a time every couple of months depending on battery availability? I've been told that the gasoline engine models are "shut down" when enough hybrid components are available. Is this true?

Much appreciated if anyone can help out. Ford rocks.

They run the hybrid at x amount of units an hour. I don't remember the number. They do not shut down making the gasoline units. They have a certain mix they run based on the number of units per hour. Example: Overall production = 60 jph Hybrid = 10jph then every 6th unit would be a hybrid.

They run the hybrid at x amount of units an hour. I don't remember the number. They do not shut down making the gasoline units. They have a certain mix they run based on the number of units per hour. Example: Overall production = 60 jph Hybrid = 10jph then every 6th unit would be a hybrid.

I've been told a max of 6 an hour due to battery, vender can only keep up with 6 an hour.

So how many hybrids in a month would this make? 6 per hour over a 10 hour shift seems like a lot??? How many days in a month/quarter does the KC plant turn out Escapes?

Yet dealers/salesman are telling me that hybrids are produced for a week at time, only one week every 8 to 12 weeks. It's too bad dealers aren't informed or are just not up front...reading other forums and blogs on the net leaves me with the impression that lots of people are not being helped by their dealer/salesman.

Thanks all!

So how many hybrids in a month would this make? 6 per hour over a 10 hour shift seems like a lot??? How many days in a month/quarter does the KC plant turn out Escapes?

Yet dealers/salesman are telling me that hybrids are produced for a week at time, only one week every 8 to 12 weeks. It's too bad dealers aren't informed or are just not up front...reading other forums and blogs on the net leaves me with the impression that lots of people are not being helped by their dealer/salesman.

Thanks all!

We build Aprox. 14 hybrids per hour, all of the time. We have three shifts a week, each working 40 hours per week. With line stoppage for breaks we produce roughly 1500 Hybrid Escapes a week.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all. One more question - my dealer tells me that my limited AWD hybrid will be picked up shortly, and he's hopeful the scheduled build day (can't remember the technical term) will come soon, before the break.

I'm doubtful, and if I understand you all correctly, the SUV side is down 27 days over Dec-Jan?

Thanks all. One more question - my dealer tells me that my limited AWD hybrid will be picked up shortly, and he's hopeful the scheduled build day (can't remember the technical term) will come soon, before the break.

I'm doubtful, and if I understand you all correctly, the SUV side is down 27 days over Dec-Jan?

It looks as of now, that SUV production will be haulted Dec. 20 through Jan 10. This is always "subject to change!" Wish we could get our vehicles to waiting customers faster. Thanks for being patient!

• 2 weeks later...
It looks as of now, that SUV production will be haulted Dec. 20 through Jan 10. This is always "subject to change!" Wish we could get our vehicles to waiting customers faster. Thanks for being patient!

Anyone able to provide an update on the SUV production being halted at KC - is it still down until Jan 10? Much appreciated...trying to be patient but it's getting tough. Hang in there all.

• 2 weeks later...