Super Lincoln Zephyr?

Drake

It a MKZ's front clip. Look at the grill and fog lights. The Zephyr badge is to mess with ya. Ford is by far best at finding funny ways to run test cars with non-camo camo. Best ever was the Raptor dressed up like a lifted 07 F150 with the off road and K&N stickers like some guy jacked up his truck. :hysterical:

They may have recycled old mules too

No question about it, they do, and have been for several years now. The powertrain guys aren't to happy about because

1. it takes awhile to get the mule converted over to the next gen so they have nothing to play with in between
  2. some of the exterior sheet metal many be updated so air flow into the engine compartment is not exactly like what it is going to be in production (i.e. they are using Taurus X for Explorer powertrain mules)
  3. the interiors never get updated, so they start looking pretty ratty !

I would sure like to know what is under the hood bump !

Edited by theoldwizard

No question about it, they do, and have been for several years now. The powertrain guys aren't to happy about because

1. it takes awhile to get the mule converted over to the next gen so they have nothing to play with in between
  2. some of the exterior sheet metal many be updated so air flow into the engine compartment is not exactly like what it is going to be in production (i.e. they are using Taurus X for Explorer powertrain mules)
  3. the interiors never get updated, so they start looking pretty ratty !

I would sure like to know what is under the hood bump !

Corporate Bean Counting may help to save the company at least ;)

It is curious to see Ford VERY focused on cutting testing mules and prototypes, it has been highlighted many times in their public press conference regarding their cost structure moving forward.

That's why you see the Taurus with an MKS Steering wheel, or a Fusion with MKZ rims, etc...