October sales?

I am sure they are going to be REAL REAL bad. Probably for everybody except maybe Honda or Toyota.

If I recall, Toyota and Honda both had a pretty bad September. I don't really see that being any different for October. Although I have to say I am thoroughly sick of that "Saved by Zero" crapola ad campaign Toyota is running.

The poor economy seems to be KILLING the CUV's and SUV's right now. Fusion is a bright spot. It is hanging in there even with a new model almost here. That is GREAT news.

F-Series should began to rebound some with the new model coming.

I figured Toyota should have done pretty good considering the keep singing and singing "Saved by Zero"

Looking at those numbers, my reaction is that they're not too bad given the economic environment.

But the exception is Volvo. What the hell is going on at Volvo? Mind you, only around 25% of Volvo's sales are in the USA, but still... Volvo's aren't perceived huge gas guzzlers.

There's lots of talk about how Mercury is in trouble... but Mercury is in way better shape in the USA than Volvo based on these numbers.

Maybe it's the recent changes in the Volvo lineup that are less than successful.

I will say that on the powertrain end of things, the new Volvo I6 looks a little inferior on paper to the 6 cyl engines used by BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infinity and Audi.