BlueTooth Phone Volume

EricC5Vett

Here's another volume question for you guys. When making a phonecall, when the call picks up on the other end, I always always have to turn the volume up (past halfway) to be able to hear the call well. Thats with the windows closed. The phone volume through the bluetooth does not follow volume patterns of either the audio system at the time or the voice command prompt volume either. Anybody wondering about this same thing?

Here's another volume question for you guys. When making a phonecall, when the call picks up on the other end, I always always have to turn the volume up (past halfway) to be able to hear the call well. Thats with the windows closed. The phone volume through the bluetooth does not follow volume patterns of either the audio system at the time or the voice command prompt volume either. Anybody wondering about this same thing?

Eric

The only way I've found to change the volume is when you're actually on a call (via the volume knob on the radio). I haven't tested to see if goes back to the same volume after I'm done with that call and go to another call. I posted a thread in this forum about how to adjust the voice prompt volume, and I tested the ability (with the Nav radio) to mute the voice prompts while independently raising the phone volume. There's also advice in that post on how to adjust the volume if you don't have the Nav system (via a link to another forum).

Eric

The only way I've found to change the volume is when you're actually on a call (via the volume knob on the radio). I haven't tested to see if goes back to the same volume after I'm done with that call and go to another call. I posted a thread in this forum about how to adjust the voice prompt volume, and I tested the ability (with the Nav radio) to mute the voice prompts while independently raising the phone volume. There's also advice in that post on how to adjust the volume if you don't have the Nav system (via a link to another forum).

I'm hoping to find a cure to this same quirk, I can make 10 calls in a row, and every new call I must adjust the volume level up.

It defaults to about 1/3 of volume level for each new call. I personally need it at about 2/3rds of bar graph for me to hear.

I'd love to be able to get it to default to about 2/3rds of full volume on the bar graph.

• 1 month later...

All I know is the ring volume is "Way TOO loud " and there is no way to set it lower, you can turn it down once its ringing, but the next time it rings it scares the crap out of you, dont have a sleeping child in the car when it rings, it makes for much unhappiness .... I read in the sync forum that there is no way to resolve this in the non-nav escapes with SYNC...hopefully the new firmware will correct this..has anyone had the new firmware installed ????

All I know is the ring volume is "Way TOO loud " and there is no way to set it lower, you can turn it down once its ringing, but the next time it rings it scares the crap out of you, dont have a sleeping child in the car when it rings, it makes for much unhappiness .... I read in the sync forum that there is no way to resolve this in the non-nav escapes with SYNC...hopefully the new firmware will correct this..has anyone had the new firmware installed ????

Either the VIN or just the fact that it's a 09 Escape shows that I have the latest or v1.1.