The market is flooded with used 2008 models right now. Anywhere from 7,000 to 15,000 miles, prices anywhere from $10,000 to $13,000. I've never seen the Crown Victoria lose so much value in 6 months in my entire life. I guess the gas prices had a lot to do with it a month or so ago.

Mines a 2007, I drove on the lot in A DODGE NEON, and the dealer was practically begging me to buy. Now, for those you who don't know, only vintage Korean cars are more of a pariah on a car lot than a Neon. The tranny was heading into perpetual crap-out and even with the 70 K warranty, I didn't think I could ever hope to get anything out of the car, but boy did they want it. He had it sold day after I left it with him.

Right now is the time to buy anything with a big engine, lots just don't want 'em.

A buddy at work test drove a couple of Grand Marquis, before he settled on a 2002 Chrysler 300M. Having owned a 2000 Intrepid R/T myself, I didn't have the heart to tell him to set up a transmission fund, as well as a fund to fix electrical glitches and door seals.

In the end, he was afraid to drive a rear wheel drive car.

Heh...one might argue that's Ford's problem...

Ford seems to have many problems: Mullaly is in _way_ over his head.

Some may want to note that the 787 (Dreamliner) is now many moon's late, and falling further behind.

Some should be aware that the *composit* materials the 787 is built with, when on fire, produce __very___ deadly gases. Our airport fire departments are aware of this, and should be more vocal than they are. Would you buy a ticket on the mustard-gas flight; I would not..

Tried to find one on the lot this time, none to be found.

The state contract dealer I bought all of my units from always has a bunch on the lot. As one of two suppliers for the state, he stocks them in white for the most part with the wiring package installed. I rarely ever had to order them from the factory.

welcome to the Mafia

Indeed.

The market is flooded with used 2008 models right now. Anywhere from 7,000 to 15,000 miles, prices anywhere from $10,000 to $13,000. I've never seen the Crown Victoria lose so much value in 6 months in my entire life. I guess the gas prices had a lot to do with it a month or so ago.

+1

Also have a few lingering 07's CVs and GMQs as well.

Merc dealers offering 2008 GMQ GS's here for $16,995 brand new. :ohsnap:

Edited by Armada Master

I think I may be granted an indulgence from the Ford 501C charity. Hope it negates my sin of not "doing my part" when I bought a USED P71.

Had my sister, (who's ChryCo minivan died) look at Ford Edge and Mazda 5. She bought the Mazda.

Had my boss, (who was looking for a performance car) look at the Mustang GT. He bought a Stang.

Both were bought new of the lot.

12-1-08: Add my Cousin to the list. His Intrepid's trans was ready to go @ 120Kmi. Had him check out the Fusion and the Mazda 6. He now owns a 2009 Mazda 6.

Edited by Hemiman