Request for Oasis Report

Goalie30

Looking at buying a used 07 Limited with 14,500 miles. Would like to get an oasis report VIN is 1FMFU20537LA93171.

Also - Build Date is 5/11/07. I have read that others are having tranny problems. Any way I can tell if this vehicle has a TSB out for tranny issues?

Thanks in advance for any advice........

Looking at buying a used 07 Limited with 14,500 miles. Would like to get an oasis report VIN is 1FMFU20537LA93171.

Also - Build Date is 5/11/07. I have read that others are having tranny problems. Any way I can tell if this vehicle has a TSB out for tranny issues?

I would put this message in the http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=45

and maybe at flatratetech.com. Might get more traffic.

Having problems posting the report.

Some info:

Build date is actually 5/18/07

Sale mileage = 196

Warranty start date is 9/28/07

No TSB's have been preformed for the transmission problems. Only two repairs on record, both preformed on 4/16/08 at Hastings Automotive, Inc.

One was for the windshield wipers, another other was to preform TSB: 08S03B. Something about the door handle springs needing replacement.

Sorry I couldn't get it to post. :(

Buzz - Thanks for the info. I have signed up on FLatrate - but cant post for some reason.

Pioneer - Thank you for the info you found. Can you tell me the #of the TSB for the tranny issue? OR should the truck already have the fix since it's build date is after the issue was found in the field?

Buzz - Thanks for the info. I have signed up on FLatrate - but cant post for some reason.

Pioneer - Thank you for the info you found. Can you tell me the #of the TSB for the tranny issue? OR should the truck already have the fix since it's build date is after the issue was found in the field?

The door spring repair was a recall on all 07 and 08 Expeditions, no big deal. They wouldn't perform any transmission re-flashes unless the person reported a problem. Have you driven the truck? Pay close attention to how it shifts from a dead stop into 1st, 2nd, then watch as it downshifts from 2nd to 1st. Try it on a slope or hill. Come to a stop on a hill. See if it acts up upshifting or downshifing. If not you are probably ok.

The door spring repair was a recall on all 07 and 08 Expeditions, no big deal. They wouldn't perform any transmission re-flashes unless the person reported a problem. Have you driven the truck? Pay close attention to how it shifts from a dead stop into 1st, 2nd, then watch as it downshifts from 2nd to 1st. Try it on a slope or hill. Come to a stop on a hill. See if it acts up upshifting or downshifing. If not you are probably ok.

my recommendation, coming from an 07 expedition owner, is drive the thing in stop and go traffic. Don't worry too much about the highway driving, the transmission really acts up after it gets warmed up and going in stop and go. Make sure you drive it for an extended period of time before you agree to buy it. Just a warning, I had to take mine in 6 times and threaten lemon law to get it fixed correctly. I would be afraid of an 07 that only has 14.5K miles on it. That first year is when you take the biggest hit of depreciation, usually the only time someone will sell it after a year is if they are either having trouble with something or just simply do not like the vehicle. Most people love the comforts of the truck but I for one hate the transmission. Personally I find the truck has very poor throttle, you really have to get on it for it to go. Granted other than the spotty transmission and poor throttle response, I like the vehicle. A few other little things....like the quality of leather used (not too good, already showing wear) and a few other little things.

Fortunately I am testing out a programmer that solves the lag in throttle repsponse and will eventually be opened up change the transmission programming. This will solve the two major problems I have with the truck. I am tired of waiting for Ford to keep releasing tsb's that they hope will fix the issues.

Edited by NickCarbon

my recommendation, coming from an 07 expedition owner, is drive the thing in stop and go traffic. Don't worry too much about the highway driving, the transmission really acts up after it gets warmed up and going in stop and go. Make sure you drive it for an extended period of time before you agree to buy it. Just a warning, I had to take mine in 6 times and threaten lemon law to get it fixed correctly. I would be afraid of an 07 that only has 14.5K miles on it. That first year is when you take the biggest hit of depreciation, usually the only time someone will sell it after a year is if they are either having trouble with something or just simply do not like the vehicle. Most people love the comforts of the truck but I for one hate the transmission. Personally I find the truck has very poor throttle, you really have to get on it for it to go. Granted other than the spotty transmission and poor throttle response, I like the vehicle. A few other little things....like the quality of leather used (not too good, already showing wear) and a few other little things.

Fortunately I am testing out a programmer that solves the lag in throttle repsponse and will eventually be opened up change the transmission programming. This will solve the two major problems I have with the truck. I am tired of waiting for Ford to keep releasing tsb's that they hope will fix the issues.

Thanks Nick - The truck is being sold by a Dealer here in MN. The General Manager has been driving it. Dealer is pricing it at $29,500 range.