The SmartGauge Leaves are spreading

To me, this looks like the difference between Ford & Honda when approached by a common supplier with a suggestion.

--

Ford, quite obviously, did not develop the 'leaves' on the Fusion/Milan hybrid system. They don't have those kind of programmers on staff.

I would assume that the same company does both Honda & Ford IPs, and one of -their- engineers had a bright idea that got pitched to both companies.

However, it appears that Ford's engineers & designers were able to shepherd this bright idea into a much more interesting final product.

----

You guys know that Microsoft approached all major mfrs. with the "Sync" system, but only Ford responded with any interest, right?

Edited by RichardJensen

To me, this looks like the difference between Ford & Honda when approached by a common supplier with a suggestion.

--

Ford, quite obviously, did not develop the 'leaves' on the Fusion/Milan hybrid system. They don't have those kind of programmers on staff.

I would assume that the same company does both Honda & Ford IPs, and one of -their- engineers had a bright idea that got pitched to both companies.

However, it appears that Ford's engineers & designers were able to shepherd this bright idea into a much more interesting final product.

----

You guys know that Microsoft approached all major mfrs. with the "Sync" system, but only Ford responded with any interest, right?

I did not know, but I assumed Sync was a Microsoft pitch to Ford.

Not exactly. Microsoft approached several automakers, but Ford was the only company that expressed interest.

And, oddly enough, Toyota--despite seeing the response to Sync--still hasn't signed up for it. Instead, it goes to Hyundai/Kia after the Ford exclusivity pact expires.

Edited by RichardJensen