White House, Democrats reach deal on $15 billion auto aid

RangerM

Normally, I stay out of the employee section, since I'm not one, but I figured you needed to see this. I'll leave now.

Link to article

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democratic leaders and the White House reached a deal to provide billions of dollars in relief to the ailing U.S. auto industry, a senior congressional aide told Reuters on Friday.

The package, which Democratic leaders hope to win passage of next week and send to President George W. Bush, totals between $15 billion and $17 billion, the aide said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The amount is far less than the $34 billion requested this week by General Motors, Ford Motor, and Chrysler, but Democratic leaders believe the money will keep them going until Barack Obama replaces Bush as president on January 20 and a new effort can be made for a rescue plan.

my feelings are if they go into bankruptcy and then come out of it reorganized that they'll still have to deal with the union and it's needs if they intend to reopen at all. the unions won't AND shouldn't just go away. not for their members active or retired who have given their all for their respective company. the unions should be like the fram oil filter man "pay me now or pay me later"but you will pay!!! and if the fed.gov.OR those 2 hillbillys don't realize this then they'll find this out soon enough.

Edited by macattack