Sirius radio

astro7

Was listening to sirius "sports schedule" channel on my '07 Expy last week. It said that one of the college football games would be on XM Plus at channel 218. I know there is a merger going on but my radio only goes as far as channel 199. If and when these two services complete their merger I assume there will be more channels but if my unit only goes to 199 then I guess I'm SOL. Would this be something that could be fixed with software?

Was listening to sirius "sports schedule" channel on my '07 Expy last week. It said that one of the college football games would be on XM Plus at channel 218. I know there is a merger going on but my radio only goes as far as channel 199. If and when these two services complete their merger I assume there will be more channels but if my unit only goes to 199 then I guess I'm SOL. Would this be something that could be fixed with software?

I doubt it. The radios are pretty cheaply made and I have never heard of a firmware upgrade on these.

I messed up, sorry. I listened to see if the aformentioned game was available "under channel 200" and also checked all games by going through all channels...had nothing better to do, but could not find it. Thanks, I'll check the Sirius site.

You have the channel number correct but the "Best of XM" is an additional cost option that you might not have on your subscription. Check the Sirius site anyway.

You have the channel number correct but the "Best of XM" is an additional cost option that you might not have on your subscription. Check the Sirius site anyway.

Went to the Sirius site. Thanks, rscalzo. You were absolutely right. Still wondering, however, if my unit will go past channel 199. I am hoping it will but I have read where other Ford owners have the '08 edition of the navigation and cannot get an upgrade to some of the new goodies out on the '09s.

• 8 months later...
I'm thinking that if you subscribe to those packages in the 200 plus channel range, Sirius will download a update allowing tuning to those channels. Every so often when I turn it on I get an upgrade. I got one a few weeks back when I renewed the subscription.

I have a 2008 Explorer and I am not able to get the "Best of XM" since the "Unit doesn't support it", which is what I was told by a Sirius representative. This was after I had already subscribed to it, and didn't realize I wasn't getting those channels until a month or two later. I was really hoping to be able to get some additional channels (College Football and MLB).

I doubt Ford would be willing to swap out the unit (it is a lease)?

-Mike

I have a 2008 Explorer and I am not able to get the "Best of XM" since the "Unit doesn't support it", which is what I was told by a Sirius representative. This was after I had already subscribed to it, and didn't realize I wasn't getting those channels until a month or two later. I was really hoping to be able to get some additional channels (College Football and MLB).

I doubt Ford would be willing to swap out the unit (it is a lease)?

-Mike

OEM units in our Epys don't support anything over Channel 200. Need an aftermarket unit for those channels.