kentucky truckers.....unemployment

half way there

calling all ktpers..... anybody received anything in the mail yet from unemployment.... after the fiasco befere shutdown i was wondering if anybody got their paperwork yet i have not...... :stats:

Are you talking about the paper work that tells you what day to call in?

If you are, Royce Epperson put out a paper that (not everyone receiced) says "if you are on TLO 12/15/08 thru 02/02/09, to call in on 12/28/08. You will be claiming the weeks of 12/15/08 and 12/22/08. You will recieve holiday pay for 12/24/08, 12/25/08 and 12/26/08. You must report 28 hours of holiday pay for that week".

"Becauce your gross holiday earnings exceed your unemployment weekly benefit amount, you WILL NOT recieve unemployment benefits from the state for the calendar week begining on 12/22/08. However, you MUST still claim this information correctly with the Ky. Unemployment Division so that any SUBPAY Benefits for this week (if any, depending on your individual subpay calculation) are generated correctly from Dearborn Pyaroll Services".

"Calendar week begining on 12/29/08. For this week you will receive 40 hours of holiday pay from the company for 12/29/08 through 01/02/09 and will not be filing an unemployment claim for this week".

Hope this helps

Edited by Makeastand

calling all ktpers..... anybody received anything in the mail yet from unemployment.... after the fiasco befere shutdown i was wondering if anybody got their paperwork yet i have not...... :stats:

No I have not received mine yet either. I'm hoping it will come Mon,Tues. If it doesn't, I guess Cheryl didn't do her job AGAIN. WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!

No I have not received mine yet either. I'm hoping it will come Mon,Tues. If it doesn't, I guess Cheryl didn't do her job AGAIN. WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!

Also according to security the people in labor only work one day a week so good luck calling Cheryl Harrison.

Also according to security the people in labor only work one day a week so good luck calling Cheryl Harrison.

KTP Brothers & Sisters,

You can visit the Local 862 Site and read Royce's letter on-line. It explains, in detail, what needs to be done and who to call in case you have any questions.

http://www.uaw862.org/KTP.html

Hope this helps out.

So we won't be recieving any pay for any other days besides the 24th, 25th, and the 26th? I thought we were suppose to get paid for Christmas shutdown?

i see your low seniority but cmon dude. have you ever had a xmas break that you didnt get paid for every day that you are off work. the only difference this year is you were off work b4 the actual "holiday break" started.

ps. yes....you will be paid holiday pay starting dec.24th thru jan. 2nd

So we won't be recieving any pay for any other days besides the 24th, 25th, and the 26th? I thought we were suppose to get paid for Christmas shutdown?

i see your low seniority but cmon dude. have you ever had a xmas break that you didnt get paid for every day that you are off work. the only difference this year is you were off work b4 the actual "holiday break" started.

No, I haven't had a Xmas break that I never was paid for, but I also have never been laid off a few weeks before hand either. Just asking a simple question to make sure....