Saline News

InspectorGadget

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would almost bet that the orangees will also qualify for TAA. Which would be good for them.

Not sure if I agree with that. It seems to me, the orange ee's were all labeled as "temps". Therefore their positions there are just that....Temporary. They are not losing their jobs due to NAFTA, they are losing them because they were only temporary to begin with.

WOW I mean WOW Whats next selling peanuts and popcorn at the loins games at ford feild the ford family owns that to. We could not go there now we can iam so CONFUSED. Being forced

there does'nt sit well with me but on they outher hand maybe i'll end up at green feild village they own that too that would be cool ya thats what i choose the village. Wow this is big all of

those people that took buy outs and tranfers just to make room in they end for more ford people and not 14 dollar people on there jobs wow thats all i can say is wow.

WOW I mean WOW Whats next selling peanuts and popcorn at the loins games at ford feild the ford family owns that to. We could not go there now we can iam so CONFUSED. Being forced

there does'nt sit well with me but on they outher hand maybe i'll end up at green feild village they own that too that would be cool ya thats what i choose the village. Wow this is big all of

those people that took buy outs and tranfers just to make room in they end for more ford people and not 14 dollar people on there jobs wow thats all i can say is wow.

so just to some up what you said.. wow.

it sounds like your bitching that they are getting rid of temps and putting ford employees in jobs instead.

it sounds like your bitching that they are getting rid of temps and putting ford employees in jobs instead.

That is what I was thinking also. Didn't make much sense to me either. I am a Ford worker at Saline and feel bad about the orangees "maybe" getting laid off. They are about 3/4 of the total employees at the plant. I believe it will be a long process with laying off 830 people and having to train the Ford employees etc. to do the open positions. But... if everyone is getting laid off, how's come nobody, union etc. has notified the orangees by mail, meetings, exact numbers etc. Just wondering.

That is what I was thinking also. Didn't make much sense to me either. I am a Ford worker at Saline and feel bad about the orangees "maybe" getting laid off. They are about 3/4 of the total employees at the plant. I believe it will be a long process with laying off 830 people and having to train the Ford employees etc. to do the open positions. But... if everyone is getting laid off, how's come nobody, union etc. has notified the orangees by mail, meetings, exact numbers etc. Just wondering.

You know how it goes, the company likes to wait until the last minute to tell anyone anything. but i'm sure the temps know whats going to happen and are preparing for it, or atleast they should be.. i know i wouldnt have gotten too comfortable being a temp.. hell i'm not comfortable now and i'm not even a temp.

Not at all everybody needs to work. What i'am understanding is the jsp people that get forced there are only temps and cannot exercise there seniority in that plant nor can they ever use

there seniority they are only temps. They can use it between themselfs but not the 25% of workers that are also ford workers no matter how much seniority they have because they are temps.

Come a cut back temps go first. You might have 12 or so years and get cut and the 25% might have 8 years and all ford people the temp goes first. So again all i can is wow. than theres

the people that took the buy out or transfered to DTP from saline they were told that they were at a ACH plant and needed to get to a ford plant because there plant was either closing or

being sold so they left the best way they could. Now they are filling these same jobs with ford workers from ford plants that have jsp these people could have stayed how would you feel

i know how i would feel. Thats why i said wow and i mean wow. Than theres the big ??? how can they force people to go to a whole different corp this is not fords this is an ach plant

i think that is why they could come to a ford plant but we could not go to a ach plant it was not fords. It still is not fords ford may own it but it is not ford motor company that all i'am saying

WOW.

Not at all everybody needs to work. What i'am understanding is the jsp people that get forced there are only temps and cannot exercise there seniority in that plant nor can they ever use

there seniority they are only temps. They can use it between themselfs but not the 25% of workers that are also ford workers no matter how much seniority they have because they are temps.

Come a cut back temps go first. You might have 12 or so years and get cut and the 25% might have 8 years and all ford people the temp goes first. So again all i can is wow. than theres

the people that took the buy out or transfered to DTP from saline they were told that they were at a ACH plant and needed to get to a ford plant because there plant was either closing or

being sold so they left the best way they could. Now they are filling these same jobs with ford workers from ford plants that have jsp these people could have stayed how would you feel

i know how i would feel. Thats why i said wow and i mean wow. Than theres the big ??? how can they force people to go to a whole different corp this is not fords this is an ach plant

i think that is why they could come to a ford plant but we could not go to a ach plant it was not fords. It still is not fords ford may own it but it is not ford motor company that all i'am saying

WOW.

I'm just concerned. My daughter works as an orangee. She is up for another raise. Which would be at $15.76 an hour. They get 3% raises every 6 months. People keep dogging the temps but they do get some things. (benefits, raises etc). We'll see.

It was posted inside of the plant. One list showed 710, The other listed 120. With the week's of how many were to be laid off per week. :reading:

It was posted inside of the plant. One list showed 710, The other listed 120. With the week's of how many were to be laid off per week. :reading:

OK... Thanks for the info. At least they will have first call back rights or if it will ever sell they can work for that company.

Going by memory, I think it starts next week. But by week its 40,40,40,150,150,150,150,110. It's supposed to be done by March 1st.

I was told that it would be 75 first week of Feb. 75 the next week and 50 per week there after, and that some JSP people will be getting called back to their own plant soon so that some of the orange/temp workers will stay at Saline because there wouldnt be enough in JSP to fill all the jobs.

I was told that it would be 75 first week of Feb. 75 the next week and 50 per week there after, and that some JSP people will be getting called back to their own plant soon so that some of the orange/temp workers will stay at Saline because there wouldnt be enough in JSP to fill all the jobs.

Yeh.. They still have to abide by the WARN ACT, of the 60 day notice of a mass layoff.

that may or may not be true. Go back and read the contents of the act.

this might be the part in question.. dealing with temporary jobs.

Exemptions

An employer does not need to give notice if a plant closing is the closing of a temporary facility, or if the closing or mass layoff is the result of the completion of a particular project or undertaking. This exemption applies only if the workers were hired with the understanding that their employment was limited to the duration of the facility, project or undertaking. An employer cannot label an ongoing project "temporary" in order to evade its obligations under WARN.

:redcard:

The info I stated was posted inside the Saline plant not hearsay.