Top Ten Cars That Were As Bad As Their Engines

You may have something there. I had completely forgotten about the first Fox-body T-birds & Cougars.....

I mentioned those in my first post. Those engines were so terrible they were only even available for just a couple years.

Oh, the absolute horror! I'm actually amazed that either nameplate survived this:

80cougarxr7.jpg

'80 Cougauche

2373gm6.jpg

'81 Thunderbrick

1982.JPG

'82 Travesty

Yikes. Best thing you could say, is those are the boxes the '83 models came in.

Edited by goingincirclez

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'd go that far. We're talking about the Eldo with the 500 cu. in. engine and the aircraft carrier landing deck for a hood, right?

Enjoy this rip on a 1977 JC Penny Catalog from the blogosphere: Link

That is the funniest thing I have read in weeks :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I was laughing so loud people came in to my office to see if I was OK.

Having come of age in the '70s I remember those clothes. I even had a green leisure suit with the obligatory polyester shirt and a white Saturday Night Fever suit with platform shoes. Stylin' . The great thing about platform shoes as a teenager was that I could be as tall as the girls wearing heels. The down side was with all the guys wearing them I was still short by comparison.

BTW there was nothing wrong with some of the women's fashion in the '70s. Halter tops and miniskirts Yay!

BTW there was nothing wrong with some of the women's fashion in the '70s. Halter tops and miniskirts Yay!

Oh yeah. I remember hip-huggers rivaling those found today - you know, with the 2" zipper. ...... Connie Ryan ..... ..... where the hell's the "drooling" emoticon? .... probably nothing left but stretch marks now...... C'est La Vie.

I too had the plaid corduroy cuffed bellbottoms and the super-high Elton John platform shoes..... :hysterical:

fashion.jpg

Edited by retro-man

Oh yeah. I remember hip-huggers rivaling those found today - you know, with the 2" zipper. ...... Connie Ryan ..... ..... where the hell's the "drooling" emoticon? .... probably nothing left but stretch marks now...... C'est La Vie.

I too had the plaid corduroy cuffed bellbottoms and the super-high Elton John platform shoes..... :hysterical:

fashion.jpg

Take a look at how those in their late teens and early 20s are dressing...the 70s are back. Teenagers - both boys and girls - are wearing their hair the way kids wore it in the early 70s, too.

Maybe Ford needs jump on the bandwagon and put opera windows on Lincolns...

Edited by grbeck