SLAP NEWS

Also just curious, what is a layout inspector?

We had some toolmakers who worked in the CMM room in our body shop. Not sure exactly what they did or what CMM stands for but that might be what he/she is referring to. It may have had something to do with engineering of equipment, design to concept?

Somebody from SLAP, help me/us out on this.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My committeman told me today they're using this survey to see how many packages to offer and then said they'd put the neccassary jobs up for bid so KCAP people can bid on them before the transferees get here.

If you guys are coming in groups of 50 starting in July I wonder if they will make the people who take the buyout go in groups of 50 as well to train someone on their job, etc.........

In Riverside Mo. is RiverRoll skate center, a roller rink with hockey on Sundays. Not far from that is an ice rink at Line Creek Park with ice hockey leauges. I don't remember any details but I know the owner of RiverRoll, he is a good guy and will help you out with any questions you have. I know that they had a roller rink in Lees Summit a while back, I don't know if it is still open. Good Luck.

thank's for the info.I know the rink in lees summit closed, it's now a church.

My committeman told me today they're using this survey to see how many packages to offer and then said they'd put the neccassary jobs up for bid so KCAP people can bid on them before the transferees get here.

If you guys are coming in groups of 50 starting in July I wonder if they will make the people who take the buyout go in groups of 50 as well to train someone on their job, etc.........

I would assume that there would have to be some overlap time form the time SLAPer's get there until a certain number could leave. They will need extra people to train the ones arriving otherwise you would have a manpower shortage issue.

I would assume that there would have to be some overlap time form the time SLAPer's get there until a certain number could leave. They will need extra people to train the ones arriving otherwise you would have a manpower shortage issue.

Hey Capt,

check your pms please.

Thanks,

Peeps

On way to work for the night so will check for a reply when I get home.

Edited by Peeps

Just curious, are there any layout inspectors in St Louis signed up to come to KC?

SLAP's layout inspector retired with the idling of the plant

BTW a layout inspector checked parts for proper placement of bends,cuts holes,whatever on parts to make sure they all fit properly within specs

Edited by oldasdirt

SLAP's layout inspector retired with the idling of the plant

BTW a layout inspector checked parts for proper placement of bends,cuts holes,whatever on parts to make sure they all fit properly within specs

Okay, I guess I'm somewhat illiterate. Whats BTW? :shrug:

Thanks, I am still on-line illiterate, some of the abbreviations still escape me. :huh:

Just to get this back on the front page, and let Slap people know that the company will be in K.C. to field questions the 17&18. That will hopefully keep the ball rolling and get us to Kcap soon. Good Luck :rockon:

heard a rumour that no matter when you will be transfered, they want us their during shutdown

first 2 weeks in july for orientation. dont kill the messanger, this is something I heard, and it

sounded like something ford might pull, and just wondering if anyone else had heard anything like that :shrug:

heard a rumour that no matter when you will be transfered, they want us their during shutdown

first 2 weeks in july for orientation. dont kill the messanger, this is something I heard, and it

sounded like something ford might pull, and just wondering if anyone else had heard anything like that :shrug:

That would be the best for them , to be able to process all of us while the plant is down then stagger the report dates by a week. Not the best for us but, we can work with it. Good luck :rockon:

That would be the best for them , to be able to process all of us while the plant is down then stagger the report dates by a week. Not the best for us but, we can work with it. Good luck :rockon:

I never really even thought of that as a possability and have plane tickets and hotel res. for vegas and

yellowstone, I hope I don't have to tell my son that we are not going now :doh:

Not ta pizz any of ya off I hope it's true,that way I wont be forced to burn 2 wks vac pay since we have to take vac pay as the GEN pool would have to.If GEN doesnt have a vac shut down then the pre-retirement group doesnt.

Not ta pizz any of ya off I hope it's true,that way I wont be forced to burn 2 wks vac pay since we have to take vac pay as the GEN pool would have to.If GEN doesnt have a vac shut down then the pre-retirement group doesnt.

So you guys in the pre-retirement group follow the GEN schedule?

Well thier bleeding SLAP dry of everything they can. My neighbor works for a union AC company and has been working out at the plant for a week now recovering refridgerant from all the AC systems in the plant. He is working with the only AC tradesman left on the rolls (we only had 3, 1 per shift) The other two took retirement.

Their are several tradesmen left in the plant still working along with their committeman. (this info is for the trades at other plants slated for closure to give you an idea. That question was asked a lot ealier) Stripping the equipment down and monitoring plant power systems.

He is very appreciative for his treatment there. He was apprehensive about this job because of the situiation we are in and did not want to be taking any work from anyone as an outside contractor. I assured him that there shoud not be any problems since his job is one that we only had the above mentioned tradsmen for and he is working with the one that is left. I do believe his wife has been on here asking about the AC trade in KC.

The trades left have been very friendly and even cooked breakfast yesterday. One of the things that is blowing his mind is what they are throwing away. 100's of tool boxes, cabinets, motors, etc. He asked why we could not take the stuff home if it belonged to us while we were there. I had to tell him that is just the way FoMoCo does business. Me, I left behind a roll away tool box all beat up but hell I would have loved to have it in my garage. I'm sure it is in the scrap yard by now. Sad, it would have been nice to have the toolbox I worked out of for the last 12 years.

Well thier bleeding SLAP dry of everything they can. My neighbor works for a union AC company and has been working out at the plant for a week now recovering refridgerant from all the AC systems in the plant. He is working with the only AC tradesman left on the rolls (we only had 3, 1 per shift) The other two took retirement.

Their are several tradesmen left in the plant still working along with their committeman. (this info is for the trades at other plants slated for closure to give you an idea. That question was asked a lot ealier) Stripping the equipment down and monitoring plant power systems.

He is very appreciative for his treatment there. He was apprehensive about this job because of the situiation we are in and did not want to be taking any work from anyone as an outside contractor. I assured him that there shoud not be any problems since his job is one that we only had the above mentioned tradsmen for and he is working with the one that is left. I do believe his wife has been on here asking about the AC trade in KC.

The trades left have been very friendly and even cooked breakfast yesterday. One of the things that is blowing his mind is what they are throwing away. 100's of tool boxes, cabinets, motors, etc. He asked why we could not take the stuff home if it belonged to us while we were there. I had to tell him that is just the way FoMoCo does business. Me, I left behind a roll away tool box all beat up but hell I would have loved to have it in my garage. I'm sure it is in the scrap yard by now. Sad, it would have been nice to have the toolbox I worked out of for the last 12 years.

When you are one of one it is not hard to find out who you are - ha! Slap didn't have equipment large enough to store all of the refrigerant. Funny, Slap had 3 AC guys and KC is bigger and has none. There is a gray area and it all comes down to classification. Beware! It is a good group of guys still working, but hard to see things shipped out and closed up.

When you are one of one it is not hard to find out who you are - ha! Slap didn't have equipment large enough to store all of the refrigerant. Funny, Slap had 3 AC guys and KC is bigger and has none. There is a gray area and it all comes down to classification. Beware! It is a good group of guys still working, but hard to see things shipped out and closed up.

I agree, I think those of us who are not in there are better off then those who are, in that respect. Kind of like watching you're home be looted in slow motion and there is nothing you can do about it. Hell it would suck even more when you have to help the looters. :(

What's the guesstimate on a date for SLAPpers to KCAP does any one have?

I probably should've put this question ona different thread, huh? :baby:

Ya just brought us back to the front page thats all and thats okay I hated being yesterday's news but that is what we are now. Once you guys get to KCAP the SLAP thread will wither and die. :cry:

Hell, I went looking for the From SLAP thread I started with all the buyout package paperwork I had scanned in and it is gone. I thought it might help the folks at NAP and AAP to review the documents. :shrug:

Edited by Captamrica

Ya just brought us back to the front page thats all and thats okay I hated being yesterday's news but that is what we are now. Once you guys get to KCAP the SLAP thread will wither and die. :cry:

Hell, I went looking for the From SLAP thread I started with all the buyout package paperwork I had scanned in and it is gone. I thought it might help the folks at NAP and AAP to review the documents. :shrug:

Naww, we'll keep this alive for awhile, once we get there then we can tell everybody ALL of the good stuff and not have to worry about seeing anybody the next day. :slap:

the stuff you posted in is here somewhere, we'll dig it up for 'em!

Found it! :yahoo: look on page 2 on the thread "From SLAP" :banana piano:

Edited by pointy

Naww, we'll keep this alive for awhile, once we get there then we can tell everybody ALL of the good stuff and not have to worry about seeing anybody the next day. :slap:

the stuff you posted in is here somewhere, we'll dig it up for 'em!

Found it! :yahoo: look on page 2 on the thread "From SLAP" :banana piano:

Thank you as I am sure those concerned thank you as well.

:bandance: