Sterling Posting

t5z4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling is posting for 147 jobs at Utica! When will we go?

Actually our bargaining committee is looking at this and in discussions with management...

This is what was reported at our meeting last Sunday...

Our schedules have been spiking and dropping significantly for the past several months causing TLO's and the bargaining committee wants the management to prove that there really is a need at this time to add people....

Of course we're all hoping for a sustained increase in our volume and if that means enough work to bring you folks over from Utica, we'll be glad to have you....

SOLIDARITY

Sterling is posting for 147 jobs at Utica! When will we go?

Thats the committee room answer...Notice how you don't really get an answer?

Here is your answer Feb. 12, 89 people will come in and the balance is not determind yet.

I one piece of advise dont go upstairs for answers, they don't have any real ones.

Thats the committee room answer...Notice how you don't really get an answer?

Here is your answer Feb. 12, 89 people will come in and the balance is not determind yet.

I one piece of advise dont go upstairs for answers, they don't have any real ones.

Now, Now Eagle.... That was an honest answer....

I wasn't aware that Feb.12 was written in stone....

But in any case, good news for those families as soon as it happens....

SOLIDARITY

Actually our bargaining committee is looking at this and in discussions with management...

This is what was reported at our meeting last Sunday...

Our schedules have been spiking and dropping significantly for the past several months causing TLO's and the bargaining committee wants the management to prove that there really is a need at this time to add people....

Of course we're all hoping for a sustained increase in our volume and if that means enough work to bring you folks over from Utica, we'll be glad to have you....

SOLIDARITY

[/been through that, there comming!

To have 80 or 100 some people go to a facility where there are tlo's every week is a goddamn crime! UAW needs to establish a nation wide seniority list. They need to then take the highest seniority employees not working and replace the lowest seniority employees who are working. It should be nation wide. That way we wouldn't need to worry that someones coming to take our spot and send us packing. Common sense anyone? Or am I wrong?

Get use to it, they have been doing it at VD for a while now even though lines are on tlo just about every other week. Plants are being over filled to get rid of gen, then they will start chopping from the bottom! Side note : Why did 30 year employees from Sterling give up there good jobs to come work OT at VD (which there is none) and now are stuck on the line complaining they should of never come?

Get use to it, they have been doing it at VD for a while now even though lines are on tlo just about every other week. Plants are being over filled to get rid of gen, then they will start chopping from the bottom! Side note : Why did 30 year employees from Sterling give up there good jobs to come work OT at VD (which there is none) and now are stuck on the line complaining they should of never come?

stupid uneducated ass clowns... Tell them sorry you got suckered into this game... I am glad to see some of those assholes gone. They didn't work here, they are not going to work there either. We were the worlds largest axle supplier in the world. We once will be again. Thanks for taking our trash!!!!!

stupid uneducated ass clowns... Tell them sorry you got suckered into this game... I am glad to see some of those assholes gone. They didn't work here, they are not going to work there either. We were the worlds largest axle supplier in the world. We once will be again. Thanks for taking our trash!!!!!

It's "No talent ass clowns".

I am glad to give you guys our 30 plus year guys and bring in guys who are lower in seniority. :happy feet:

We all know you guys work OT over there at VanDyke. Flood VanDyke. :stirpot:

To have 80 or 100 some people go to a facility where there are tlo's every week is a goddamn crime! UAW needs to establish a nation wide seniority list. They need to then take the highest seniority employees not working and replace the lowest seniority employees who are working. It should be nation wide. That way we wouldn't need to worry that someones coming to take our spot and send us packing. Common sense anyone? Or am I wrong?

I'll say this....

It used to be that ILO was on a master list and these brothers and sisters moved to available work in line with their seniority...

Now available work gets posted company wide... for everyone, not just ILO to move to, leaving people to rot in JSP for however much longer that's going to last....

That's the crime...

Otherwise I'd say that basic unit rights ... if you know what they are .... are there so you don't have to worry about some one coming and taking your spot...

No one gets displaced .... ILO moves to available work ...

SOLIDARITY

I am glad to give you guys our 30 plus year guys and bring in guys who are lower in seniority. :happy feet:

We all know you guys work OT over there at VanDyke. Flood VanDyke. :stirpot:

Yeah tons of OT at VanDyke.. Thats why FN was on tlo last week.. Good one.

First of all, quit bitching if you got 30 yrs. in !!!!!!!! If you don't want to work, then fricking retire !!!!!!!! I'm sick and tired of listening to older people complaining if they got to work alittle. If you are tired and sore then hang it up !!!!!!! Give us lower senority and younger people with young families a chance to make a living !!!!

I'll say this....

Now available work gets posted company wide... for everyone, not just ILO to move to, leaving people to rot in JSP for however much longer that's going to last....

That's the crime...

Otherwise I'd say that basic unit rights ... if you know what they are .... are there so you don't have to worry about some one coming and taking your spot...

No one gets displaced .... ILO moves to available work ...

SOLIDARITY

Again Unionguy...read the contract. Your information is always old or wrong in alot of cases.

Openings get posted Zone wide..our zone is zone #2.

Let me ask you a question..

IF you were ILO'd from Sterling you think it would be fair to offer you an opening at Kansas City while a 2004 DOH employees work at VanDyke??

YOu are obviously full of it!! Remember it work in reverse too and it might just be your spoiled appointed ass that gets shipped to KTP. :shades:

Solidarity

Edited by TheEagle

Again Unionguy...read the contract. Your information is always old or wrong in alot of cases.

IF you were ILO'd from Sterling you think it would be fair to offer you an opening at Kansas City while a 2004 DOH employees work at VanDyke??

YOu are obviously full of it!! Remember it work in reverse too and it might just be your spoiled appointed ass that gets shipped to KTP. :shades:

Solidarity

Spoiled appointed ass , dont forget OLD

Solidarity

Eagle, Eagle, Eagle....

What part of "it used to be" don't you understand????

To answer your question.... Yes

If there was no in zone opportunity I'd want to move to the available work company wide....

After all... I'd still have RTBU...

Solidarity

Eagle, Eagle, Eagle....

What part of "it used to be" don't you understand????

To answer your question.... Yes

If there was no in zone opportunity I'd want to move to the available work company wide....

After all... I'd still have RTBU...

Solidarity

Right and my point...is...which you fail to understand....how to you excersice your RTBU if your plant is closed???

Sterling was being considered for sale a year and a half ago..would you like to be in that situation?

You would want to go to KTP or Tulsa, move your family? Get fricking real. Most of us have wives and kids and could not afford to do that.But i guess when you have 32 years you can feel like you invincable, I got mine mentality.

Were'nt you the same guy saying seniority should mean somthing..Sound like you use arguments to fit your need at the time and forget on what basis you fought your last agrument.

Right and my point...is...which you fail to understand....how to you excersice your RTBU if your plant is closed???

Sterling was being considered for sale a year and a half ago..would you like to be in that situation?

You would want to go to KTP or Tulsa, move your family? Get fricking real. Most of us have wives and kids and could not afford to do that.But i guess when you have 32 years you can feel like you invincable, I got mine mentality.

BINGO!!!

Were'nt you the same guy saying seniority should mean somthing..Sound like you use arguments to fit your need at the time and forget on what basis you fought your last agrument.

Well it sounds like I just was; 400....

I do have a family and I would want to continue to provide for them....

If that means moving to another state then so be it.....

You know a lot of people in Norfolk, New Jersy and Atlanta were thinking just like you... Move to another state"get fricking real".... Nice .... Why should I move when I can collect sub til I retire ...

Who cares about 35,000 moving money...

Gen/JSP was there to protect us from bad management, or in other words, our position was, if you want to run the business like that and put people out of work so be it.... You're still going to pay them....They're trying to feed their families.... and they kept us working instead of paying

Removing the fifty mile rule this last agreement was too little to late for us.... and now Gen/JSP is gone....

In my book, the only way to keep a job is to keep on working if you have the chance....

That's how we hold up our end of the deal.... A fair days work for a fair days pay....

If you'd take a minute to come up for air in that fishbowl you're living in you'd see that for the last five years families...UAW and otherwise, have been moving all over this country to keep to their jobs....

Like I said before...I've got less than 20 years, I work on the floor....

SOLIDARITY