Diesel Engines

furious2auto

Here's a link I came across today about navistar and ford. Navistar to build diesel's through the 09 year then what. Does anyone know if Ford is making their own diesel engine now and where? No more diesel build or what. :redcard:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/090127/navistar_pl...osure.html?.v=2

Hard to say what will happen. A few years ago a rumor was going around KTP that Ford was in talks with Caterpiller but I'm pretty sure that didn't pan out. Would have been great though.

Navistar still has a plant in Alabama that is capable of building our engines but I believe they are non union. I think the Indi plant was the last of their union plants.

Ford better have a plan because we sell a lot of trucks just because of that engine.

Here's a link I came across today about navistar and ford. Navistar to build diesel's through the 09 year then what. Does anyone know if Ford is making their own diesel engine now and where? No more diesel build or what. :redcard:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/090127/navistar_pl...osure.html?.v=2

from what I've heard ford is going to building there own diesel. thank god.. the 7.3 was great the 6.0 had great power but lots of problems and the 6.4 I've heard is the biggest piece of shit. lots of people are unhappy with it. I had a 6.0 it was very powerful after I hooked up a superchips tuner, but the fuel milage was only 15mpg..

from what I've heard ford is going to building there own diesel. thank god.. the 7.3 was great the 6.0 had great power but lots of problems and the 6.4 I've heard is the biggest piece of shit. lots of people are unhappy with it. I had a 6.0 it was very powerful after I hooked up a superchips tuner, but the fuel milage was only 15mpg..

I had a 1999 F-250 with the 7.3. I put a chip in it, an air intake system, a thing called a turbo spacer, and a few other tweaks to the engine. It would burn all four tires like a scalded dog. I put dual exhaust on it and that got a lot of attention until others in my are started doing it. I put 12.5 lift on it and took it to truck shows all over. Mostly Indianapolis and Lima Ohio for the 4 wheel Drive Jamboree. I got scared to drive that truck because it was my baby and I didn't want to put a lot of miles on it or have someone wreck into me, so I sold it. It sat most of the time and that is a diesel engines worst enemy. The seals start rotting and all that stuff when an engine sits. Now I wish I wouldn't have sold it. I miss my 7.3.

The new Diesel is a 6.7l that is being built by Ford in Chihuahua Mexico. Production starting late 2009 or early 2010.