THE FEAR: PASS IT NOW, OR WE MAY NEVER RECOVER

fmccap

Here is a fun little quiz:

The Manufacturing Quiz

The link provides a separate link to the answers, which those who fear for the demise of the U.S. manufacturing sector may find surprising.

Roadtrip, you dummie;-) Don't you know that BO must convince us that the end is near so he can save us, when in fact if the stimulus is never passed, things will get better in about 18 months just like the last several recessions. All this stimulus will do is make things worse. It is just a liberal wet dream come true.

Facts are irrelevant to Dems.

Edited by DUCKRACER

. . . But that's not exactly what we are experiencing now - although we are experiencing an erosion in purchasing power . . .

Contrary to your glass-half-empty beliefs, we are NOT experiencing an "erosion" in purchasing power.

For example, to purchase a basket of goods (as measured by the Consumer Price Index) worth $1,000 in 1950 would require $8,610.55 in 2007. But the nominal GDP per capita (using the same $1,000 baseline figure), rose to $23,596.80 during the same period. Moreover, unskilled wage earners out-paced the CPI at $13,809.12 in 2007, using the same $1,000 baseline figure from 1950.

Do the math.

Here's a useful Web site where I got my numbers: Measuring Worth

Granted, the Consumer Price Index is faulty, in that the goods in its basket change over time. Think about technology, and how the relative price of consumer technology has declined while its efficacy has improved at almost exponential rates, and you get the idea.

Americans as a whole - and even the poorest of Americans - are far wealthier than they have ever been in our nation's history.

Edited by Roadtrip

Roadtrip, you dummie;-) Don't you know that BO must convince us that the end is near so he can save us, when in fact if the stimulus is never passed, things will get better in about 18 months just like the last several recessions. All this stimulus will do is make things worse. It is just a liberal wet dream come true.

Facts are irrelevant to Dems.

Yes, I know.

Contrary to your glass-half-empty beliefs, we are NOT experiencing an "erosion" in purchasing power.

Americans as a whole - and even the poorest of Americans - are far wealthier than they have ever been in our nation's history.

US Public debt

2001 -$144.5 billion 1.4%

2002 -$409.5 billion 3.9%

2003 -$589.0 billion 5.5%

2004 -$605.0 billion 5.3%

2005 -$523.0 billion 4.3%

2006 -$536.5 billion 4.1%

2007 -$459.5 billion 3.4%

2008 -$1017.0 billion 7.4%

They run out of digits on the US debt clock, every US familiy only owes $78,048 back in 2008 you've never had it so good :hysterical: .

US_National_Debt_crop.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Inflating the currency would allow the US government to pay off its debts, leaving its creditors holding the bag. The US Central Bank is backed up by the US's nuclear arsenal. The last Great Depression was ended by the Second World War. This one could be ended by the Third World War.

Edited by Trimdingman

Inflating the currency would allow the US government to pay off its debts, leaving its creditors holding the bag. The US Central Bank is backed up by the US's nuclear arsenal. The last Great Depression was ended by the Second World War. This one could be ended by the Third World War.

Baby Boomers- Your Generation's Crisis Has Arrived

The generation that won World War II passed the ultimate test and proceeded to produce the next generation, the Baby Boom Generation. Their rendezvous with destiny is underway. Will it be a rendezvous with history that results in World War III, the collapse of the Great American Republic, dictatorship, or a return to the original Constitutional principles upon which this country was founded? Many of you are probably thinking the idea of WW III, collapse or dictatorship is crazy. I'd respond with the wisdom of Kramer from the classic Seinfeld show.

Jerry: "Oh you're crazy"

Kramer: "Am I? Or am I so sane that you just blew your mind?"

Jerry: "It's impossible"

Kramer: "Is it? Or is it so possible your head is spinning like a top?"

Jerry: "It can't be"

Kramer: "Can't it? Or is your entire world just crashing down all around you?"

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 07 Feb 2009 at 11:29:11 AM GMT is:

debtiv.gif

The estimated population of the United States is 305,602,657

so each citizen's share of this debt is $35,089.30. The National Debt has continued to increase an average of

$3.45 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

And now for another big number.

That is the size of our GDP. IF you are going to use big scarey numbers, at least put them in proper perspective.

Watching his press conference on monday made me think of one thing. Remember the line "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the World he didn't exists"? Well, as I watched Obama, I thought to myself, "the greatest trick the devil ever pull, was convincing the American public to vote him into the Presidency". Hoesntly, if horn came out of his forehead, and flames started shooting up behind him, it wouldn't have shocked me at all. You could just see in his eyes he wants more power and a bigger government. And again, when he was reading his answers to the press's questions off the teleprompter, he sounded like he had an idea what he was talking about (I didn't agree with what he was saying, but he stayed on point). But as soon as he got questions that didn't have the answers already written out for him, man he looked like he struggled to figure out what to say.