Van Dyke Layoffs

theycandothat

The bottom line is, the local union in this plant is out of control. It is a buddy system in the committie room. These so called leaders should be ashamed of themselves. Our local contract does not even exsist, and our national agreement is a joke that can be changed whenever some body wants to. We pay these people to sell us out month after month. We need to come up with a way to be heard and make changes. It's not our fault Ford sent our jobs out of the country for cheep labor and greed. Now no one in this country can afford to buy a car. This is not going to go away. This is not like the 80's. These jobs are gone for good. These are all permanate changes. Can you say, do you want cheese on that? We need to step up, get these corrupt crooks out of that office, find leaders that will stand up for things agreed upon and do the right thing. This is a plan to break all of us. Where do you think they got money to build these plants in other countries? From US plants and US people making them money. Now they figured out a way to bury money in other countries, move a few things around and break our unions by using the economy and weak pussified unions to push around. I remeber 13 years ago, in high bay. Some semis pulled in and tried to take some dies out to be run at a non union company. Joe Jackobowski and a couple other guys came back to high bay and blocked the overhaed doors, made the drivers back up and unload the dyes. After that we ended up getting paid extra for all the illegally outsourced work that was sent out. WHERE ARE THESE LEADERS AT? We need to get all these union members from all the plants together and go down to the UAW in detroit and demand people uphold our contract and that we have corrupt union leaders, we have a right to replace local members that are corrupt, and not doing their jobs. Lets get talking.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is, the local union in this plant is out of control. It is a buddy system in the committie room. These so called leaders should be ashamed of themselves. Our local contract does not even exsist, and our national agreement is a joke that can be changed whenever some body wants to. We pay these people to sell us out month after month. We need to come up with a way to be heard and make changes. It's not our fault Ford sent our jobs out of the country for cheep labor and greed. Now no one in this country can afford to buy a car. This is not going to go away. This is not like the 80's. These jobs are gone for good. These are all permanate changes. Can you say, do you want cheese on that? We need to step up, get these corrupt crooks out of that office, find leaders that will stand up for things agreed upon and do the right thing. This is a plan to break all of us. Where do you think they got money to build these plants in other countries? From US plants and US people making them money. Now they figured out a way to bury money in other countries, move a few things around and break our unions by using the economy and weak pussified unions to push around. I remeber 13 years ago, in high bay. Some semis pulled in and tried to take some dies out to be run at a non union company. Joe Jackobowski and a couple other guys came back to high bay and blocked the overhaed doors, made the drivers back up and unload the dyes. After that we ended up getting paid extra for all the illegally outsourced work that was sent out. WHERE ARE THESE LEADERS AT? We need to get all these union members from all the plants together and go down to the UAW in detroit and demand people uphold our contract and that we have corrupt union leaders, we have a right to replace local members that are corrupt, and not doing their jobs. Lets get talking.

13 years ago the threat of a strike would back the company up on anything...How does anyone have any power in the union if you can't strike or even the threat of one?

That is the problem. The companies want us to strike so it's our fault the Big 3 failed.

Sounds like sterling an van dyke are going through the same bullshit, corrupt local leadership all levels ,I coudn't agree more chage is coming to both plants. WHERES THE LEADERS AT ? THEY ARE ALL BLOWING THE INTERNATIONAL to GET APPOINTED TO A LIFE TIME JOB . THATS WERE THE MONEYS AT THEY ARE THE ONES GETTING THE RAISES + ALL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES >the average salary of an international rep. is 120,000 per year . to do noting but rigg elections . Edited by sterling joe

:shrug:

It was stated that Nick Stefani will be going on as benefits Rep this Monday. The committeemen in the room will be rotating until the election for plant committee is ran. Nominations are set for March 24th i believe.Ralph Fontera (?) asked Lambert to send letters out to Union elected and appointed officials explaining their requirement to attend 2 out of 3 meetings. Mod explained what happened with the 6FM TLO. Mod stated that he did not approve of it and that he spoke to Mark Willis and it should not happen again. Other than that nothing new.

:shrug:

I was very surprised on the amount of people there. Very unusual, I wonder if it was because so many were upset over the mid range TLO. I was not surprised mod addressed it first thing in his report. From what I hear he was getting his but kicked last week about it. He also gave his thanks to all the committeemen, for putting up with all us that are upset. I know it takes a lot but is that not what they signed up for? Or maybe if they got the correct info from mod it would not be so bad. Before you get mad Steve, I'm not dogging the the committeemen! All i'm saying is that maybe your job would be better and easier if mod was not on vacation or taking a day off when shit gets thick.

You can't tell me that the room doesn't have heads up on what may be about to happen when these situations arise. Steve, you can't keep taking the heat of the other committeemen when they them selves should be going out and talkin with people. Hell I haven't seen Mod in 4 months, his ass should be out there talkin with people on a daily basis. This membership is getting fed up and the more it gets fed up and the tensions are gonna get bigger and with in a short amount of time, it's going to burst. This could get very ugly.

Is there a way to remove these people from office. It amazes me that a LOSER like Mod can still hold an office while he orally satisfies old shoulda been retired, seniority stealing employees from other plants. Removing an excellemt benifits rep because Vince dosn't put up with Mods illegal activities like the other swallowers in the committee room do. Also, after embarassing every hard working UAW member on tv proudly displaying the amazing UAW dental benefits provided to him as he lisps his way through highly educational responses to the reporter asking 3rd grade level questions. Face it. till we get real leaders in that room, were screwed.

as long as you can't find the answer i think we 're all better. :finger:

try getting on the net, heard that place has all sorts of info. Might work better than griping.

No the answeres in the UAW constitution, but like everything else it requires people to attend the meetings, make a motion on bringing them up on charges. Its not an easy process, union members have to be more involved they have to educate themselves on these issues. Blind trust in your union leadership will get you to the unemployement line...take a look at the call mod made in 6fm a week ago...

I was only suggesting he do the leg work himself instead of relying on others to find the info for him. You did however suggest a way to try to remove him, however hard it would be.

My problem isn't that i don't call out my elected officials, i have and at the meetings as loudly as anyone. Its that people come here and stir up stuff and get someone else to fight the battle. Look up your own damn stuff, read your own constitution, check the International PRB reports, look at the law books and the NLRB cases your ownself. Carry the banner and to do the legwork. But instead what we get is.....

From my understanding 51% in a signed petition. Don't qoute me on that, but pretty sure that would do it.

I was only suggesting he do the leg work himself instead of relying on others to find the info for him. You did however suggest a way to try to remove him, however hard it would be.

My problem isn't that i don't call out my elected officials, i have and at the meetings as loudly as anyone. Its that people come here and stir up stuff and get someone else to fight the battle. Look up your own damn stuff, read your own constitution, check the International PRB reports, look at the law books and the NLRB cases your ownself. Carry the banner and to do the legwork. But instead what we get is.....

Your right about people reading the publications,but nothing wrong with helping each other out...to remove a chariman a petition is worthless, you have to bring him up on charges then have a trial (this is the shortest answer there is more to it but read in your constitution it gets more in depth). I have no problem with trying to remove an elected official that has over steped his boundries as mod has but beware this is a very hard to do. The best thing you can do next election is use your vote and help get the right people in office.

Skilled Trades: Here is what i heard at the explanation meeting concerning Trades.

Brian Shephard asked if we were going to 2 Trade classifications, Mechanical and Electrical. It was stated that we were not. We were going to be working in teams self directed by a Skilled Trades Coordinator. The Skilled Trades Coordinator will be utilized to coordinate work assignments. These Skilled Trade Coordinators will be elected or selected based on local agreements and approved by the National Parties.

I asked what defines a Mechanical Trade. It was stated that PF, MW, TM, MR, TS, WLD. It was also said that if the company considered another trade as Mechanical and the Union disagreed, we could call downtown and get clarification.

Al Figlan asked why the upper salary were not giving concessions like the U.A.W. members were. Al stated that if the salary gave up their cars with free insurance and repair, it could save the company a lot of money. It was stated that salary has given up their 2009 and 2010 performance bonus and they have to pay more of their insurance. It was stated that they cut the number of salary. Their 401 K was changed.

I stated that if we were trying to help ford with financial burdens, why did we agree to Mechanical teams? I stated that this comes dangerously close to mechelects (mechanical/electrical) and that once this happens, the chance of getting it back to separate classifications are slim. I stated that my fear was that the company could layoff 1/2 the trades from each plant if the lines of Demarcation were not honored. I also asked what assurances we had that trades would not be laid off due to this agreement and mentioned that this could affect production due to trades having the ability to go back to production if laid off. I was told that each team would consist of different trades ( to be determined by the governance committee) and that they will go out as a team for repairs. There will be a lead trade and that everyone will be doing their own work. If a trade needs help, other trades in the team can be used to assist if they feel comfortable in doing so. It was stated that this was agreed to because the company stated they had trouble supervising trades and assigning the proper trades because some of the Managers didn't have the knowledge. It was stated that Chrysler and GM wanted Mechelects because the foreign car plants had them and that if we (FORD) agreed to this, they could pattern Chrysler and GM after. It was stated that there will be two pilot plants to start with and that no trades could be on layoff while they were under the Mechanical team concept. Once the Mechanical team concept was rolled out plant wide, no trades could be laid off while under the Mechanical team concept.

I asked if the no overtime until 40 hrs applied to the seven day operation and i was told that it did.

It was asked why no electricians or stationary steam were able to take the buyout. It was stated that these trades were insufficiently manned and they were needed.

Just so everyone is aware, There will be a International Rep. at the explanation meeting. If you have a question regarding this modified Agreement, feel free to ask. The meeting information will be out as soon as possible. If I'm not mistaken, the meeting will be on Saturday March 7th. It will not be at our local due to a lack of room. Not sure the time or location yet.

Info from the explanation meeting:

-The company will save close to one million by direct deposit

-We will be losing $.99 in terms of cola.

-Any compensated day (Holiday, vacation, personal days, jury duty, bereavement pay, union business, etc) all count towards your 40 hours concerning the 40 hrs needed before you receive overtime.

-Buyouts are from April 1st through May 22nd.

-It was stated that because of the timing, if a person was unable (not because they chose not to) to use their vacation time before June, they would get pay-in-lieu.

-It was stated that the Health care Wellness Criteria ( physicals) can be done by your personal doctor for confidentiality. It was stated that this will also help with the cost of VEBA by catching possible problems early.

-It was stated that car vouchers were good for 18 months. They are transferable one time and the person who it is transferred to must pay the taxes.

Now i know that the majority of you want explanation of the Job Security program and VEBA but i had a hard time hearing the full explanation and had trouble writing the notes down due to how fast it was explained. I apologize. I do not want to try to explain what was said and get it wrong. I will have the information book at work with me tomorrow and you can read it if you come to the room. It will also be explained at the information meeting Saturday March 7th.

Info from the explanation meeting:

-The company will save close to one million by direct deposit

-We will be losing $.99 in terms of cola.

-Any compensated day (Holiday, vacation, personal days, jury duty, bereavement pay, union business, etc) all count towards your 40 hours concerning the 40 hrs needed before you receive overtime.

-Buyouts are from April 1st through May 22nd.

-It was stated that because of the timing, if a person was unable (not because they chose not to) to use their vacation time before June, they would get pay-in-lieu.

-It was stated that the Health care Wellness Criteria ( physicals) can be done by your personal doctor for confidentiality. It was stated that this will also help with the cost of VEBA by catching possible problems early.

-It was stated that car vouchers were good for 18 months. They are transferable one time and the person who it is transferred to must pay the taxes.

Now i know that the majority of you want explanation of the Job Security program and VEBA but i had a hard time hearing the full explanation and had trouble writing the notes down due to how fast it was explained. I apologize. I do not want to try to explain what was said and get it wrong. I will have the information book at work with me tomorrow and you can read it if you come to the room. It will also be explained at the information meeting Saturday March 7th.

What time is the meeting?

huh?????

so my regular days off (RDO's) could be monday and tuesday and i wouldn't get OT till i work my scheduled regular 5 days????

That can't happen. Its compounding. I can't get OT for days they pay me time and a quarter. So i will lose my time and a quarter. that sucks.

We get hit more than the rest of the trades.

just repeating what i was told bro. come to the meeting and ask for clarification.