AAI our Union gives no Information

hedgehog21

So AAI Union why no information about Saline?, and buy the way why didnt PDC get posted at AAI those are good jobs for seniority workers, care to comment, probably not!. I would have gone to Saline but couldn't get enough information to make an informed decision, I got more info from the Saline Union and workers than I did my own, I wonder why that is, I remember when AAI went to one shift the Union had meetings with the people, had description of work, phone numbers to plants and Unions needing people and some seniority in other plants they would try, to get you an answer to your question, or at least steer you in the right direction and call you back, now you wont even get a call back , why is that. :banghead:

Why is it that no matter which plant you work at, the union has "no information"?????

They know that everyone is feeling the effects of the headlines with people loosing jobs every day, everyone is a little stressed out.

We just wonder about our future and the future of our plants. Why does everything have to be such a big secret. How do they expect people to make informed decisions when they are not given and information? Is the entire elected union body under a strict gag order or what?

So AAI Union why no information about Saline?, and buy the way why didnt PDC get posted at AAI those are good jobs for seniority workers, care to comment, probably not!. I would have gone to Saline but couldn't get enough information to make an informed decision, I got more info from the Saline Union and workers than I did my own, I wonder why that is, I remember when AAI went to one shift the Union had meetings with the people, had description of work, phone numbers to plants and Unions needing people and some seniority in other plants they would try, to get you an answer to your question, or at least steer you in the right direction and call you back, now you wont even get a call back , why is that. :banghead:

Christ, want some cheese with that whine?

I worked at AAI and AAI informed every member who had the correct contact information of the DTP and Saline openings via automated messages. This is more of an attempt to let people know of openings then I ever got from anywhere else, it was always said that it is the employees responsibility to check labor for openings and bids and I was very happy and thankful that while we were on holiday break that AAI called and let us know about postings.

As for technical information about other plants, do some freaking legwork yourself you lazy ass, I did before i signed for DTP.

(fyi, I'm not a AAI fanboy, but I have to say I appreciated the way they kept us informed of postings)

Not trying to make an excuse for any unanswered questions, but I would guess that its very hard for any one Local to explain what the International has set up and agreed to if they are not being told themselves. The Saline postings are a good example. At first we where all told (us members) that our Seniority will go on a separate list and we would have date of entry Seniority. Then not 2 weeks later, we where told that they changed that to keeping 2 lists and ours will remain as it is but separate from the current Saline members Seniority list.

So, we will have the transfer list of Seniority and then the Saline list of Seniority. The list of unanswered questions is quit large if you ask me.

Questions:

1. Tie breakers (some plants use the last 4 differently)

2. Back fill of openings created by departing members

3. Placement of back fill members

4. Returning to Basic Unit after the time is up

Here are the reasons why I ask each of them:

1. I’ll assume that they will use high number as the winner, but still it should be told to all and put to paper.

2. Will the members needed to fill the created openings at the plants that where awarded the bids be provided with same previsions as the

ones going to Saline? After all they are both temporary positions.

3. Will the members that are needed for this back filling be placed in the vacant jobs from the members departing to Saline?

4. When the time has elapsed and the members return, where do they go? Do they go back to the jobs they left or are they at the

company’s mercy?

In my opinion these are questions that should have been asked and answered at every Local, put on a flyer and passed out to the membership. It also makes me wonder how many of you would have possibly taken the bid (at least put one in) if you had this information.

Edited by ReDemption

Christ, want some cheese with that whine?

(fyi, I'm not a AAI fanboy, but I have to say I appreciated the way they kept us informed of postings)

Glass its nice to hear you got what you wanted and I hope things are going good for you at DTP. Seeing how I’m one of the people complaining that not enough answers where given, and questions should be resolved on paper. I guess I’ll request the cheese they gave you. I say this because your other posts are mostly complaints about how AAI sucks.

The full position transfer bid you where awarded is quit different from the Saline subject. These are temporary bids and the members will return to basic unit when the time is over. You also didn’t enter DTP with “Date of Entry Seniority”. Hopefully you understand that there are many different rules that separate this from your type of transfer. This also means that there are many, many questions that must be answered and yet nobody is.

I wonder how you would have approached this if you didn’t get your DTP bid and wanted the Saline bid. I’m not trying to piss you off, I’m just curious.

I also work at AAI and our committmen walked around this week with the list of people that made the cut for Saline. They said they could not give us a copy because it contained the names and seniority of everyone from all of the plants that signed up for the bid. They did allow us to look at the list and see our names and where we placed as far as seniority is concerned. We were also informed that because we have over 130 people leaving from trim and final that as of yet they don't know how they are going to release us or what the plan is to replace us. We were also told that if and when we return to AAI we will be placed in work available. A labor rep told me on Thursday that Saline may be taking an extra 10 people. Hope this info helps someone.

I also work at AAI and our committmen walked around this week with the list of people that made the cut for Saline. They said they could not give us a copy because it contained the names and seniority of everyone from all of the plants that signed up for the bid. They did allow us to look at the list and see our names and where we placed as far as seniority is concerned. We were also informed that because we have over 130 people leaving from trim and final that as of yet they don't know how they are going to release us or what the plan is to replace us. We were also told that if and when we return to AAI we will be placed in work available. A labor rep told me on Thursday that Saline may be taking an extra 10 people. Hope this info helps someone.

So can you tell us how the seniority falls, highest, lowest, middle? How many are on the list? When do they start transferring?

So can you tell us how the seniority falls, highest, lowest, middle? How many are on the list? When do they start transferring?

I have a copy of the final list, if you want to know where you fall in by seniority, post your date and I will let you know where you are.