ford commercial on american idol

mhopfenzitz

Believe me, Ford is not lacking in advertising on American Idol. They have 4 different commercials staring the potential "Idols", plus the standard Fusion commercials, as well as ads for the Escape. In *one* tivoed episode, I counted EIGHT ads for the Fusion. IMO< it's overkill. I normally zoom right past them, but I got bored one night so I counted. They *should* be using this oppotunity to advertise the Mustang.

Believe me, Ford is not lacking in advertising on American Idol. They have 4 different commercials staring the potential "Idols", plus the standard Fusion commercials, as well as ads for the Escape. In *one* tivoed episode, I counted EIGHT ads for the Fusion. IMO< it's overkill. I normally zoom right past them, but I got bored one night so I counted. They *should* be using this oppotunity to advertise the Mustang.

They don't need to because of the legacy it has. That is the only vehicle it really does not need to advertise. Smalll investment pays off....

They don't need to because of the legacy it has. That is the only vehicle it really does not need to advertise. Smalll investment pays off....

I'm sure advertising on idol is no small investment, and the payoff will not be that great if

you don't even know what the commercial is for.

why? is it Mustang buyers watching Idol? Or Fusion/Escape buyers?

I just think you have to pay pretty close attention to see what the commercial is for.

anyway, I know that sales of the fussion are important to ford and probably us in the

long run, I just HATE the fact that it is not built in u.s. and would not buy one.

the commercial should be running on the mexican idol :hysterical::hysterical:

Are Mustang sales slowing down? The reason I ask is that a dealer near our union hall has what looks to be at least 8-10 GT's sitting in the front row next to the highway and they aren't the sixes with the pony packages either. That many GT's on the lot is pretty unheard of, at least around here.

These are pretty good commercials..... for Ford. The music hits the market, the action is fine, the splash of product identification is lacking. There needs to be a slightly better blend of product mixed in with the action, (People). Ofcourse I'm simply a consumer without any degree so take my perspective with a grain of salt, I'm only the target... right?

This is great that Ford has decided to be more agressive in its marketing...I hope sales pick up :bandance:

Can Idol change Ford's blue tune?

Can Idol change Ford's blue tune?

Dealers applaud new Kelly Clarkson campaign; shares hit lowest level since March 2003.

Scott Burgess / The Detroit News

Ford Motor Co. plans to use America's first Idol, Kelly Clarkson, to spread the word that it's changing its tagline.

Ford is ditching the slogan "Built for the Road Ahead" after a little more than a year and replacing it with "Bold Moves," according to dealers and company officials familiar with the plans.

The automaker plans to discuss the tagline and a new advertising campaign starring Clarkson, winner of the first season of the Fox hit "American Idol," at a meeting Wednesday in Dearborn.

Ford is moving to reinvigorate its marketing efforts at a time of continued market share losses and falling stock value. Its shares fell 36 cents Monday to $6.96, a new three-year low. The company reported a $1.2 billion first-quarter loss on Monday.

Ford will continue to use its successful "Built Ford Tough" slogan for pickups. Country music star Toby Keith remains Ford's pitchman for trucks.

The "Bold Moves" slogan dovetails with the company's internal rallying cry: "Red, White and Bold."

Mark Fields, president of Ford's Americas division, has championed more aggressive styling for the automaker's car and crossover lineup. Vehicles like Ford's Five Hundred sedan have been criticized as too bland, especially when compared with the Chrysler 300. The smaller, more stylish Fusion sedan is more in line with Ford's new design direction.

Both the new slogan and the affiliation with Clarkson drew praise from dealers and analysts. Clarkson has recorded several hits since exploding on the scene with "Idol" and has cultivated a squeaky-clean image. And Ford is already a key sponsor of "American Idol," one of most popular shows on television.

"I think she is an excellent choice," said Jerry Reynolds, owner of Prestige Ford, a large dealership in suburban Dallas. "She is not controversial. She real mainstream America."

The tagline is clear and simple, with none of the clumsiness of "Built for the Road Ahead" or its short-lived predecessor, "If You Haven't Looked at a Ford Lately, Look Again."

"It's a matter of tone," said Jim Sanfilippo, a senior industry analyst with Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc. "Be bold, that also means to take a risk."

Ford plans to use the "Bold Moves" slogan as a tie-in to offers it will roll out to customers in the next couple months.

Reynolds said dealers have been pleased to see Ford making aggressive marketing moves without waiting for General Motors Corp. to act first and then reacting.

"They're making these plans well in advance without regard to what GM is doing," he said. "Tell you what, that is refreshing and an about-face from what we saw this time last year."

Analysts, though, are still awaiting an about-face for Ford's U.S. sales. Bank of America analyst Ron Tadross cut his target price on Ford's shares from $7 to $6 and said he expects Ford's U.S. market share to drop to 17.2 percent this year from 18.6 percent in 2005 as it faces stiff competition from GM and other rivals.

Jonathan Steinmetz, an auto analyst for Morgan Stanley, said Ford needs to accelerate its cost-cutting efforts as competitors launch new products such as the Toyota Tundra.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Edited by outhere_i_m

On the local news this morning. They mentioned that Ford was going to make commercials using Kelly Clarkston, but also they plan on having their own reality show. I guess the idea of the show is to people will help build a concept car. I just heard a fast little comment from the news anchor women. Maybe that will also help Ford. Especially with all the reality shows out there right now. The anchor women said that maybe the concept car that they come up will be something good, and something she will buy..Hope it works out. I believe it is going to be a compact concept car, which will help even more. :finger:

latest commercial call me

Industry: Ford plans to make own reality TV show

27 Apr 06 16:21

Ford is planning to produce a reality show in which contestants work with Ford designers to produce a hot new concept car.

The carmaker showed top US dealers a teaser of the programme at a dealer meeting on Wednesday. The theme of the show will be 'designing a dream car.'

Ford intends to try and sell the programme to one of the big US TV networks, according to dealers and company officials.

The programme is an attempt - along with e new marketing campaign called Bold Moves - to play up the company's American roots in the face of increased competition from the likes of Toyota.

Ford's US sales have dropped 2.3% this year and it's been forced to overhaul its sales and marketing operations to reverse a 10-year market share slump. The company lost $1.2bn in the first quarter of 2006.

However, reality television has proven to be risky for carmakers. On a recent episode of the US version of The Apprentice, contestants had to demonstrate the new Chevrolet Tahoe for a group of General Motors dealers. One team did such a bad job that dealers went home angry. To make matters worse, an internet tie-in that allowed viewers to create their own commercials for the new SUV was used to ridicule GM. (Detroit News)

Webpage

Edited by outhere_i_m

On the local news this morning. They mentioned that Ford was going to make commercials using Kelly Clarkston, but also they plan on having their own reality show. I guess the idea of the show is to people will help build a concept car. I just heard a fast little comment from the news anchor women. Maybe that will also help Ford. Especially with all the reality shows out there right now. The anchor women said that maybe the concept car that they come up will be something good, and something she will buy..Hope it works out. I believe it is going to be a compact concept car, which will help even more. :finger:

hmmmm a show like american inventor, but with cars: I like the idea