shaker 1000 and NAV

xlover

• 2 years later...

Anyone know why you can't get the NAV and the shaker 1000 together. Just a content restriction or a technical issue? It seems like an upscale buyer springing for one of those options would want the other.

I'd bet that it's a space issue. Replaced my Shaker 500 in my 06 GT with a Pioneer AVIC and saw that the space behind the radio is jammed.

I ended up opting for the indash nav so no 1000 for me, in my 2012 GT

I ordered the NAV also. I plan on just installed a bass tube or a amp and a single sub. It is my understanding that everything is the same on the 500 and 1000. The 1000 just has the two subs in the trunk. I have never seen a factory sub that can easily be improved on in the aftermarket. It would be nice though to get the 1000 sub box since it fits so nice.

I too went with the electronic package so I am going to order a JL Audio stealth box with a Mono amp for the trunk.

That stealth box is the one that goes in the spare tire compartment, right? Since I ordered mine with the Brembo, that may work out perfect. Of course, then I would need to move the repair kit or count on somebody to bring me a spare tire.

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Shelby Kicker sub online (product code is KA-10-WOOFER if you want to look it up on google, ordered mine from Shelby Performance Parts). It fits on the right side of the trunk just like the Shaker 1000 sub box and I think it actually takes up a little less room. Only contains a single sub, but it's a 10" square kicker sub, so the surface area should be equivalent to a 12" round sub. Supposedly it has twice the output of the Shaker 1000. Looking forward to throwing it in my 2012, if it ever gets here!

Edited by PoitNarf

I ordered a Shelby Kicker sub online (product code is KA-10-WOOFER if you want to look it up on google, ordered mine from Shelby Performance Parts). It fits on the right side of the trunk just like the Shaker 1000 sub box and I think it actually takes up a little less room. Only contains a single sub, but it's a 10" square kicker sub, so the surface area should be equivalent to a 12" round sub. Supposedly it has twice the output of the Shaker 1000. Looking forward to throwing it in my 2012, if it ever gets here!

Thanks for adding an option for me to look at! In addition to the JL StealthBox and the Shelby Kicker I've found MTX has several Mustang specific subs "MTX Amplified ThunderForm"

Any one tried an MTX before? I had never heard of them before.

Thanks for adding an option for me to look at! In addition to the JL StealthBox and the Shelby Kicker I've found MTX has several Mustang specific subs "MTX Amplified ThunderForm"

Any one tried an MTX before? I had never heard of them before.

I believe MTX is a fairly well known brand. Don't know enough about them though to tell you if they're good or bad though. I think the Shelby Kicker is the best bang for the buck. I was able to get mine for $470 shipped. Shelby Performance Parts was running an Easter sale or something when I ordered, so I got $50 off before shipping.

I believe MTX is a fairly well known brand. Don't know enough about them though to tell you if they're good or bad though. I think the Shelby Kicker is the best bang for the buck. I was able to get mine for $470 shipped. Shelby Performance Parts was running an Easter sale or something when I ordered, so I got $50 off before shipping.

Did you get the sub? I see it comes with a wiring kit, but I'm not sure what is included. I bought the JL Audio stealthbox and I'm trying to figure out how to tap into the factory nav/Shaker 500.

I also see that the Shelby is listed for the 2010 and the MTX stuff is listed to fit a 2009. From what I have seen, the 2011-12's subs are different from the earlier ones.

Did you get the sub? I see it comes with a wiring kit, but I'm not sure what is included. I bought the JL Audio stealthbox and I'm trying to figure out how to tap into the factory nav/Shaker 500.

I also see that the Shelby is listed for the 2010 and the MTX stuff is listed to fit a 2009. From what I have seen, the 2011-12's subs are different from the earlier ones.

MTX lists on their site 2005-2011 for the ThunderForm With or without an amp!

Edited by killertomato

Shelby sub has been sitting in my basement for a number of weeks now. Still waiting on the arrival of my Mustang. I believe the 2010-2012 NAV units are essentially the same hardware wise, I haven't gone over the installation instructions yet, but I don't anticipate it being too hard of an install.

• 4 weeks later...