Concessions...part 2.

fantasyfrank

Ok guys, most of you know me....well sorta'. I don't post any kind of crap or stir the pot but read what I'm thinking and see if it makes sence or if I'm going off the deepend. (which does happen!) Ok, this new agreement we are facing has alot of curveballs to it. Let's say the agreement passes. The deadline to report to congress with our "new and improved" gameplan is March 31st and goes into effect on April 1st. (correct me if I'm wrong) What happens if we pass this agreement and we meet with congress (or whoever) and they come back and say: "it's not good enough...go back and cut their hourly wages then come back and let's talk". We give up the farm, then we have to take a paycut as well? Do you see what I'm thinking or could I be getting worked up for nothing? Tell me and everybody what ya' think...thanks.

Ok guys, most of you know me....well sorta'. I don't post any kind of crap or stir the pot but read what I'm thinking and see if it makes sence or if I'm going off the deepend. (which does happen!) Ok, this new agreement we are facing has alot of curveballs to it. Let's say the agreement passes. The deadline to report to congress with our "new and improved" gameplan is March 31st and goes into effect on April 1st. (correct me if I'm wrong) What happens if we pass this agreement and we meet with congress (or whoever) and they come back and say: "it's not good enough...go back and cut their hourly wages then come back and let's talk". We give up the farm, then we have to take a paycut as well? Do you see what I'm thinking or could I be getting worked up for nothing? Tell me and everybody what ya' think...thanks.

No doubt Pay cuts will come by this time next year I would $6 to $7 an hour hell thats all we have left to give them.

We're not meeting with Congress, we didn't take any loans.

I HAVE READ THESE FORUMS FOR A WHILE. JOINED TODAY BECAUSE I HAVE TO SAY A FEW THINGS. FIRST, ALLOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF BABIES. THESE ARE TIMES LIKE NO OTHER IN OUR LIFE TIME. WE ALWAYS WANT TO SAY NO TO EVERY CONTRACT THAT COMES DOWN THE LINE. THE AUTO INDUSTRY HAS CHANGED. WE HAVE TO GIVE SOMETHING UP, (ONLY WITH EQUAL FROM THE MANAGEMENT SIDE TOO) AND WE KNOW IT IS GOING TO BE MONEY. SO INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING NO, HOW ABOUT SAYING "MAYBE IF...". WE DO HAVE THE POWER TO BE HEARD. BUT IT CAN'T SOUND LIKE WHINING.

I HAVE READ THESE FORUMS FOR A WHILE. JOINED TODAY BECAUSE I HAVE TO SAY A FEW THINGS. FIRST, ALLOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF BABIES. THESE ARE TIMES LIKE NO OTHER IN OUR LIFE TIME. WE ALWAYS WANT TO SAY NO TO EVERY CONTRACT THAT COMES DOWN THE LINE. THE AUTO INDUSTRY HAS CHANGED. WE HAVE TO GIVE SOMETHING UP, (ONLY WITH EQUAL FROM THE MANAGEMENT SIDE TOO) AND WE KNOW IT IS GOING TO BE MONEY. SO INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING NO, HOW ABOUT SAYING "MAYBE IF...". WE DO HAVE THE POWER TO BE HEARD. BUT IT CAN'T SOUND LIKE WHINING.

Lets look at this from an objective stand point. Ford has 42,000 hourly employees the avg. employee makes less than $30 an hour. If all 42,000 workers said they would work for FREE, Ford would save $2,620,800,000. Ford lost over $20 billion last year and if we worked for FREE, Ford would have only lost a little over $17 billion. This is going to do nothing to help Ford, nothing. Fords problems are not pay and benefits, it is the economy and trade issues. Our international union needs to be honest with us and not act like its this or bankruptcy.

We're not meeting with Congress, we didn't take any loans.
I see what you are saying but GM and Chrysler ARE meeting with congress and we all follow each other. I would think the GM and Chrysler deal is a carbon copy of ours or pretty darn close. If congress tells them this deal isn't good enough to get the "loans" and go back and cut their wages, do you think Ford won't follow suit? Think again.

WE FORD WORKERS KNOW THAT A CARBON AGREEMENT IS NOT WHAT WE NEED. WE ALSO REALIZE OUR WAGES ARE ONLY 10% OF TOTAL COST. I AM NOT WAVING A WHITE HANKIE, AND AM NOT TAKING THE COMPANY SIDE. I AM JUST SAYING THAT ALL THE CRYING GETS NO RESULTS. WE THE MEMBERS NEED TO COMUNICATE BETTER OUR FEELINGS TO THE CONGRESS,UNION AND THE COMPANY.

WE FORD WORKERS KNOW THAT A CARBON AGREEMENT IS NOT WHAT WE NEED. WE ALSO REALIZE OUR WAGES ARE ONLY 10% OF TOTAL COST. I AM NOT WAVING A WHITE HANKIE, AND AM NOT TAKING THE COMPANY SIDE. I AM JUST SAYING THAT ALL THE CRYING GETS NO RESULTS. WE THE MEMBERS NEED TO COMUNICATE BETTER OUR FEELINGS TO THE CONGRESS,UNION AND THE COMPANY.

You can communicate without yelling. Turn the caps off. (please)

I see what you are saying but GM and Chrysler ARE meeting with congress and we all follow each other. I would think the GM and Chrysler deal is a carbon copy of ours or pretty darn close. If congress tells them this deal isn't good enough to get the "loans" and go back and cut their wages, do you think Ford won't follow suit? Think again.

Actually, we helped GM and Chrysler from giving up the farm and in returned helped ourselves from having to follow their agreement, which would have been much worse if they did not have to pattern Ford.

Also, Ford already got their loans prior to the markets and banking colapse. If they needed to get more money, it would be extremely hard because they do not have equity..they mortgaged it all. GM and Chrysler can not get loans and that is why they have to get gov. loans to continue running. Ford got 26 billion and GM and Chrysler are asking for 36 billion to make pay roll.

Don't know for sure but I think the UAW will do whatever it takes to keep us from lower hourly wages. They will look for cuts elsewhere. The less we make an hour the less income for the UAW revenue.