Atlanta Assembly

ooo14

That is one of the things I have been bitching about Ford for the longest time. They seem beholden to these dinosaurs in the enginering and design department. These old bastards haven't left there office in 30 years and have no idea what people desire nor do they have a clue what is stylish. No wonder the ricers are outselling us. I hate to say this. But, there cars look way better than ours. The first thing a person conciders when they go to buy a car are the looks. I'm sure they have dozens of young kids working for them and won't give them a chance.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? All of the rice junk looks like shit!!!! the acura tl looks ok, thats about it! that might be the dumbest post I've read yet!!!!!

Edited by el norte

I wonder why they havent done the same thing to wixom?

They say it would cost $100 million to demolish and reclaim the property for the soccer fields and shopping center they want to put there. Ford does not want to pay that. Besides, the real estate market in Metro Detroit is destroyed so any shopping center they build is likely to sit vacant.

I wonder why they havent done the same thing to wixom?

The price of scrap steel dropped to the point that they would have to pay to tear it down now. They had a chance to get paid for someone to tear it down, but they waited to long.This info came from one of the scrapers that was rebidding the job.

The price of scrap steel dropped to the point that they would have to pay to tear it down now. They had a chance to get paid for someone to tear it down, but they waited to long.This info came from one of the scrapers that was rebidding the job.

Anything less than what was there before would be a waste either way. I guess it is better left up with the dim hope that it may be someday used by Ford again than to rip it down for soccer fields.

I saw a production chart with details for all of Ford's plants once. It started with the year 2003, and continued on until 2015. Atlanta was never slated to get the Milan/Fusion. Ford actually thought, at the time, that the 500 was going to be so popular, that Chicago was going to be the plant that built the 500, and Atlanta would be used to build the Montego and Freestyle.

Guess we all know the plans never worked out. It's a shame too. Quality and productivity should be rewarded.

In Oakville some of the tooling that came into the body shop had address tags on them and had Atlanta Assembly crossed out and Oakville written on it with a sharpy... I think Atlanta was to build the Flex!!!