Gettelfinger: "I'm done" in 2010

No we can't agree on that....I think the members today are more involved and knowledgable as they ever have been....I think what idontkno posted in another thread is exactly correct....a lot of elections are a popularity contest and we do not need that in an important position like President!! I feel us members do have a say when we elect local leaders...if you don't like the outcome then elect different leaders. So if you don't like who has been elected you can blame the membership, because they voted for those voting for President!! When you elect your congressperson or senators, you elect them to represent you...if you don't like how they vote, you vote them out!!

Why cant we vote out Gettlefinger or King or any other IUAW then? I can vote out Obama! I am not saying we dont get to send people to CC but lets be real about how the CC works.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant we vote out Gettlefinger or King or any other IUAW then? I can vote out Obama! I am not saying we dont get to send people to CC but lets be real about how the CC works.

Why don't you just take your 5 yrs of service and invest in your future and take a buy out package...that way you will not have to worry about the rest of us that will keep the movement going!!

Why don't you just take your 5 yrs of service and invest in your future and take a buy out package...that way you will not have to worry about the rest of us that will keep the movement going!!

You are making many bloggers point. If a worker says something to a member of management and the member of management does not like it they say "if you dont like it quit". Now our union reps are saying the same thing, "if you dont like it quit". This is one of the problems with our union they want to be bosses but they dont have either the education or connection to get a managers job so they suck ass to become a union rep. We had several union reps at my plant that did the same thing run for union office not get elected and then sign up and get a supervisor job. I only have a few years left before I get my 30 years so I wont be taking a package and as long as we have union reps like you, I will continue to speak about reform, whether you like it or not. How about you doing the working class a favor and speak up for reform in our union too! You only get one chance in life to make a difference!

You are making many bloggers point. If a worker says something to a member of management and the member of management does not like it they say "if you dont like it quit". Now our union reps are saying the same thing, "if you dont like it quit". This is one of the problems with our union they want to be bosses but they dont have either the education or connection to get a managers job so they suck ass to become a union rep. We had several union reps at my plant that did the same thing run for union office not get elected and then sign up and get a supervisor job. I only have a few years left before I get my 30 years so I wont be taking a package and as long as we have union reps like you, I will continue to speak about reform, whether you like it or not. How about you doing the working class a favor and speak up for reform in our union too! You only get one chance in life to make a difference!
who said I was a rep assclown??? :fan: Edited by Captain723

who said I was a rep assclown??? :fan:

If your not then you really are a sick puppy! Why would anyone defend a group of people that has hurt the best organization that the working man has? Under Gettlefinger and his cronies the UAW has lost massive amounts of members and has given back more to the companies than anytime in the UAW's history! I am not saying they are crooked or make too much money, I am saying that they are totally incompetent to represent the union membership and its time for a change!!!! I hate to be harsh and so direct but if things do not change soon we may never get a chance to effect change because the UAW will be history!

No we can't agree on that....I think the members today are more involved and knowledgable as they ever have been....I think what idontkno posted in another thread is exactly correct....a lot of elections are a popularity contest and we do not need that in an important position like President!! I feel us members do have a say when we elect local leaders...if you don't like the outcome then elect different leaders. So if you don't like who has been elected you can blame the membership, because they voted for those voting for President!! When you elect your congressperson or senators, you elect them to represent you...if you don't like how they vote, you vote them out!!

You sure aren't very knowledgeable. Look at the convention where a region tried to buck iuaw and they just did away with it. Most of the local leaders follow iuaw because they are hoping to get one of the gravy appointments. If you buck the system IUAW goes out to get you. They do not appear to appoint true leaders but yes men. I have asked many at work and have yet to have 1 person agree with the current system.. Everyone I talk to except appointed suckies would like to be able to vote for our leaders.

You sure aren't very knowledgeable. Look at the convention where a region tried to buck iuaw and they just did away with it. Most of the local leaders follow iuaw because they are hoping to get one of the gravy appointments. If you buck the system IUAW goes out to get you. They do not appear to appoint true leaders but yes men. I have asked many at work and have yet to have 1 person agree with the current system.. Everyone I talk to except appointed suckies would like to be able to vote for our leaders.

I was at that convention and some fk with 40 yrs wanted to keep working, when he took oath to abide by the constitution and its by-laws....he was a fking idiot looking out for himself!! Wonder what he thought when the check bounced the UAW wrote supporting him in his local campaign for state office! :hysterical:

If your not then you really are a sick puppy! Why would anyone defend a group of people that has hurt the best organization that the working man has? Under Gettlefinger and his cronies the UAW has lost massive amounts of members and has given back more to the companies than anytime in the UAW's history! I am not saying they are crooked or make too much money, I am saying that they are totally incompetent to represent the union membership and its time for a change!!!! I hate to be harsh and so direct but if things do not change soon we may never get a chance to effect change because the UAW will be history!

1st of all....anyone who knows me, knows that I am a 3rd generation Union man and love what the UAW has given to me and my family. I lived through the times in the 80's....my parents trying to hold things together by a thread during layoffs....still buying us all the toys and junk trying to keep up with the jones's. It was tough and I do not tell my folks enough how much I appreciate them. My mom and Dad tried for years to get me in the UAW, but did not know anyone to get me in. It was the luck of the draw, my father got one of those lottery picks and that is how I got into the plant.....little bitter, but realized it was not the UAW system, but local politics! I could have stayed bitter, but I realize what the UAW has done for me. For weeks I used to pick a guy walking home during the winter because he could not afford a car, but had to work to feed his family. When I first seen him walking it was 11pm and 3 degrees out. He was so thankful, so I made sure that everytime I was out I made sure I drove by this area to see if he was walking to give him a ride. He probably thought I was stalking him or something, but he was glad to get a ride out of the cold. My wife really does not like when I pick up strangers, but I know I would be thankful if I was walking home and someone stopped to give me a ride. He worked at a fast food place and carried food home every night to his family! This is why I am thankful for the UAW and benefits and pay that they have given me and also the reason why when ungrateful fks talk sht about it it kills me!!

Sorry, but if you read my posts from the first day on this site, you will see me saying the same things to people who are ungrateful for this great movement!!

Edited by Captain723

1st of all....anyone who knows me, knows that I am a 3rd generation Union man and love what the UAW has given to me and my family. I lived through the times in the 80's....my parents trying to hold things together by a thread during layoffs....still buying us all the toys and junk trying to keep up with the jones's. It was tough and I do not tell my folks enough how much I appreciate them. My mom and Dad tried for years to get me in the UAW, but did not know anyone to get me in. It was the luck of the draw, my father got one of those lottery picks and that is how I got into the plant.....little bitter, but realized it was not the UAW system, but local politics! I could have stayed bitter, but I realize what the UAW has done for me. For weeks I used to pick a guy walking home during the winter because he could not afford a car, but had to work to feed his family. When I first seen him walking it was 11pm and 3 degrees out. He was so thankful, so I made sure that everytime I was out I made sure I drove by this area to see if he was walking to give him a ride. He probably thought I was stalking him or something, but he was glad to get a ride out of the cold. My wife really does not like when I pick up strangers, but I know I would be thankful if I was walking home and someone stopped to give me a ride. He worked at a fast food place and carried food home every night to his family! This is why I am thankful for the UAW and benefits and pay that they have given me and also the reason why when ungrateful fks talk sht about it it kills me!!

Sorry, but if you read my posts from the first day on this site, you will see me saying the same things to people who are ungrateful for this great movement!!

Thats commendable what you did for your fellow man. As for me being ungrateful, quite the contrary. I want the UAW to succeed but in its current form it is losing ground both socially and politically. Therefore I have critized the current leadership not to demean but to draw attention to the fact that we need change. Granted I may be over the top at times but it is only out of desire for real change. When the change happens it will never be good enough we need to strive to always be better. Only then will our children and grandchildren have the same opportunities that we have enjoyed. Outside of your potty mouth, I harbor no ill feelings toward you or anyone else. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Thats commendable what you did for your fellow man. As for me being ungrateful, quite the contrary. I want the UAW to succeed but in its current form it is losing ground both socially and politically. Therefore I have critized the current leadership not to demean but to draw attention to the fact that we need change. Granted I may be over the top at times but it is only out of desire for real change. When the change happens it will never be good enough we need to strive to always be better. Only then will our children and grandchildren have the same opportunities that we have enjoyed. Outside of your potty mouth, I harbor no ill feelings toward you or anyone else. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

You are right, my opinion is that you are an idiot. One man one vote = GM runs the UAW everytime dumbshit. The UAW is not just FORD. Your shit is lame and stupid, something I would expect from you idiots for the next year until the Con Con and then you can go home and cry when it is over and we won't have to hear your shit for a few years again :sos: .

You are right, my opinion is that you are an idiot. One man one vote = GM runs the UAW everytime dumbshit. The UAW is not just FORD. Your shit is lame and stupid, something I would expect from you idiots for the next year until the Con Con and then you can go home and cry when it is over and we won't have to hear your shit for a few years again :sos: .

BRAVO! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :hysterical::hysterical:

Thank you for your opinion but you really didnt make a valid point against one man one vote. Basically all you did was complain that GM employees would have the upper hand. Who cares as long as there is accountability? Currently our IUAW reps are picked not elected and if they do not perform, what can the membership do? This has put the union members in the position to have to accept what is offered with no recourse. I have been given bad information from a IUAW rep and when I questioned it, I got no where. This information affected my family but this sorry rep is still in office? I am probably not the only one who has been given bad info. by this guy but where is the accountability? If I can read the contract and know what is right, why cant he? Why did a company HR rep. agree that what a group of people requested was possible but the IUAW rep said no its not going to happen? Hi Ho you dont have to listen to our complaints, you can keep backing bad policy but I am open changes that make our IUAW reps accountable. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your opinion but you really didnt make a valid point against one man one vote. Basically all you did was complain that GM employees would have the upper hand. Who cares as long as there is accountability? Currently our IUAW reps are picked not elected and if they do not perform, what can the membership do? This has put the union members in the position to have to accept what is offered with no recourse. I have been given bad information from a IUAW rep and when I questioned it, I got no where. This information affected my family but this sorry rep is still in office? I am probably not the only one who has been given bad info. by this guy but where is the accountability? If I can read the contract and know what is right, why cant he? Why did a company HR rep. agree that what a group of people requested was possible but the IUAW rep said no its not going to happen? Hi Ho you dont have to listen to our complaints, you can keep backing bad policy but I am open changes that make our IUAW reps accountable. Any suggestions?

not too jump in or anything, but if you could read the agreement and understand it, then why were you asking the IUAW??

Why would you ask the IUAW rep and not your Local rep??

Most, if not all IUAW reps are or were elected before joining the staff team!

There is accountability....everyone has a boss!!

not too jump in or anything, but if you could read the agreement and understand it, then why were you asking the IUAW??

Why would you ask the IUAW rep and not your Local rep??

Most, if not all IUAW reps are or were elected before joining the staff team!

There is accountability....everyone has a boss!!

The reason was that the International union made a special agreement to allow workers who were not laid off a special transfer offer to another plant. The jobs were not posted and no other plant was made the offer. The kicker was skilled trades and appr. were not allowed to sign up for a transfer in to a production classification. After the sign up date a LR from corporate notified the appr. that they were allowed to drop their classification and go but at that time it was too late the sign up was over. I argued with an IUAW rep over the issue and after 1 conversation he wouldnt return my calls or emails. I requested other IUAW reps attention but they would not listen and sent me back to the IUAW servicing rep with the bad info. This was just one example. The local reps followed what the IUAW reps dictated and needless to say now he is an IUAW rep.