Ford commercials.

The latest commercials by Ford, stating that our quality is "as good as Toyota or Honda" really gets my goat.

What it says is, "You people were right, Ford was a piece of ^&%(, and Toyota and Honda were better cars."

What you SHOULD have said is, "No-one, and we mean NO-ONE builds a better car than Ford".....

There are a lot of ways to say that we're as "good as Toyota or Honda" without bringing up the point that we are now, "as good as" they are!

Toyota touts that their cars are made by American workers, but I haven't seen a single commercial where Ford mentions anything about cars made in America.

I think the ad writers, or, maybe the people who buy the ads, need to leave the "Glass House" and come into the real world, and get the pulse of real people.

Forgive me for sounding angry, but someone needs to get on the ball. Look at the Toyota, Honda, heck, even Volkswagon commercials. They make you WANT to buy a car.

Ford commercials are, well, LAME.... The last Ford commercial I saw that "grabbed me" was the (I think it was for the 2001 ) T-Bird in the desert road intersection, where the girl gets out of the "other car" and drops her handkerchief. The "other guy" takes off, and the T-Bird driver offers the girl a ride.

• 2 weeks later...
The latest commercials by Ford, stating that our quality is "as good as Toyota or Honda" really gets my goat.

What it says is, "You people were right, Ford was a piece of ^&%(, and Toyota and Honda were better cars."

What you SHOULD have said is, "No-one, and we mean NO-ONE builds a better car than Ford".....

The ad wasn't aimed at Ford fans. I've said this before, but Toyohonda buyers look at Ford --and its fans-- in the same way you would look at Kia and their customers.

I believe you're talking about

ad.

- It paints new/current Ford customers as trendy people, who know the score, and actually researched before buying. Their research concluded with them going with a Ford, not because it was cheaper, but because it was the superior move (in most cases anyway), and are proud to boast about it.

- It shows Ford has made tremendous gains in quality, engineering, and thanks to Fields and Mulally's leadership, far more attention paid to interiors and exteriors, for new products anyway. It's an ad full of confidence, PROVING visually what's being told with words. There's simply no way a V6 Accord or Camry buyer will look at that ad, and not realize they got an inferior product, Vs. the Taurus' anyway.

There are a lot of ways to say that we're as "good as Toyota or Honda" without bringing up the point that we are now, "as good as" they are!

They weren't. There's a difference between being competitive, and on par with the most desired.

Toyota touts that their cars are made by American workers, but I haven't seen a single commercial where Ford mentions anything about cars made in America.

Irrelevant, plus it would do Ford more harm than good, as not all of their products are made in America.

I think the ad writers, or, maybe the people who buy the ads, need to leave the "Glass House" and come into the real world, and get the pulse of real people. Forgive me for sounding angry, but someone needs to get on the ball. Look at the Toyota, Honda, heck, even Volkswagon commercials. They make you WANT to buy a car.

The ad was the first ad I've seen from Ford, aimed at real people, and not just to domestic lovers looking for a "feel good" story. Then there's the MKS ads, and the new ad for the MKZ. Trendy, cool, and NOT aimed at the people who would buy a Ford by default anyway. The Lincoln ads, for example, are brilliant. The average Lincoln buyer already knows how those cars look in & out, they know how a Lincoln dealership smells and so on, but to the average person, it shows them Lincoln is no longer the morgue's parking lot.

Ford commercials are, well, LAME.... The last Ford commercial I saw that "grabbed me" was the (I think it was for the 2001 ) T-Bird in the desert road intersection, where the girl gets out of the "other car" and drops her handkerchief. The "other guy" takes off, and the T-Bird driver offers the girl a ride.

And the Thunderbird was a massive bomb, need I say more? A lot of people consider the "flying Corvette" ad to be the best car ad in years, yet it did nothing to improve Corvette's sales or GM's image. The "Then & now" Bold Moves ad was cool too, but ultimately failed to tell anyone why they should pick a Ford over the competition. I think, once again, only Ford fans valued it. Now Ford is telling/showing EVERYONE the facts without any BS in 30 secs. and the ads make a very compelling case of why that's one car you should research and not automatically dismiss "because it's a domestic and I won't even go to a dealership to verify these claims".

Edited by pcsario

The commercials are flashy and fast paced and maybe that's what gets the attention of a demographic that has a .003 second attention span. IMO they need to say loud and clear; the Fusion beats Toyota, Honda and Malibu by 3 mpg, don't hide it in the fine print. Everyone knows hybrid's get good mileage, it mentions 41 mpg but say it beats Camry by 7mpg highway and 2mpg city. The most significant advantage for the Fusion Hybrid is it works in EM up to 47mph, nearly twice as much as T & H, say that too, not just 700 miles on a tank of gas. Brag about commitment to quality and safety. I just think there needs to be more specific narration and not general references.

Edited by transitman

Ford Should do that commercial exactly for the new fusion, except talk about its new dash and display and interior and the fact that it gets 41 mpg.

something like this but just have to say fusion

and they should do a modern version of this commercial for the F150 maybe with a Tundra on the back

Edited by Cougarpower

something like this but just have to say fusion

and they should do a modern version of this commercial for the F150 maybe with a Tundra on the back

I still like this for a f150 commercial

hahaha

although the one you suggested would be a lot better for advertising.

Ford NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS to do this one for the new Mustang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Jpesze3cM...feature=related