GM/Isuzu Duramax V6 Diesel

Hemiman

Looks like GM will be offering a V6 diesel in the future. Can't find many details, but looks to be an Isuzu built 4.9L V6 to power 1/2 & 3/4 ton pick-ups as well as Tahoes and Suburbans.

Anyone know anything more about this engine? Is it a proper 60deg V6? HP? ......

Thanks

Looks like GM will be offering a V6 diesel in the future. Can't find many details, but looks to be an Isuzu built 4.9L V6 to power 1/2 & 3/4 ton pick-ups as well as Tahoes and Suburbans.

Anyone know anything more about this engine? Is it a proper 60deg V6? HP? ......

Thanks

Haven't heard anything, although it's doubtful a diesel will show up in the Tahoe/Suburban anytime soon. Look for a hybrid Tahoe fairly soon, though.

Haven't heard anything, although it's doubtful a diesel will show up in the Tahoe/Suburban anytime soon. Look for a hybrid Tahoe fairly soon, though.

they way Toyota is kicking GMs ass, they'd be silly not to.

That and Ford telegraphed a long time ago they wanted a V6 diesel in the 1/2tons. We also know that Toyota will offer a diesel in the redesigned Tundra. For GM and Dodge to not see this writing on the wall, they must be dense.

I would expect that within 3-4 years, all of the halftons will have diesels.Any manufacturer not on board will lose out.

Thanks

Hemiman,

I think it was you who wrote that Chrysler was developing a hemi

straight six engine. Do you have any additional info on this?

I know they will soon have a 4.0l V6.

I was working in Germany a few years back and saw the International V6 diesel.

At the time I was told this engine was for the new F-150. They even built an assembly

line for this engine and a plant in Alabama.

Hemiman,

I think it was you who wrote that Chrysler was developing a hemi

straight six engine. Do you have any additional info on this?

I know they will soon have a 4.0l V6.

I was working in Germany a few years back and saw the International V6 diesel.

At the time I was told this engine was for the new F-150. They even built an assembly

line for this engine and a plant in Alabama.

Yeah, that was me. As far as I know it's still in the cards as a Jeep/Dodge engine. At first i heard it was to be a OHV Hemi, but now it looks to be a SOHC.

Yeah, that was me. As far as I know it's still in the cards as a Jeep/Dodge engine. At first i heard it was to be a OHV Hemi, but now it looks to be a SOHC.

They are converting the Trenton Engine plant to build a 4.0l V6 based on the 3.5l.

Some clever engineer came up with the idea to modify the piston by relocating the wrist

pin location. This allows them to use the same block as the 3.5l

• 1 year later...

Thanks

the new v6 diesel will have 310 horsepower and 520 lb ft of torque. i know its headed under the hood of the 1500 models but dont know about the 2500's. but i would definitely hope for it in the suburbans and tahoes. wheni know moere ill let everyone i know