expy wiring question

pony power

I have a 2008 Expedition LTD with a 6 disk changer no nav and I have been looking for the answer to this question for months

I want my Sirius tuner to turn off when I open the door like the radio does. In my 1997 Explorer I got power from the "Hot" wire going to the radio it was great I opened the door and the thing would go dead, when I fired up my truck it would turn on by itself.

On my 2006 Mustang I took a line right from the fuse box I tried that in my Expedition apparntly power is always going through the fuses, so I see the power going to the radio as the only way to make it work.

Maybe someone here knows the color code I would use to tap into.

I also want to use the stock Satellite antenna, and can't find the Sirius box...where the heck is that thing.

Edited by pony power

I have a 2008 Expedition LTD with a 6 disk changer no nav and I have been looking for the answer to this question for months

I want my Sirius tuner to turn off when I open the door like the radio does. In my 1997 Explorer I got power from the "Hot" wire going to the radio it was great I opened the door and the thing would go dead, when I fired up my truck it would turn on by itself.

On my 2006 Mustang I took a line right from the fuse box I tried that in my Expedition apparntly power is always going through the fuses, so I see the power going to the radio as the only way to make it work.

Maybe someone here knows the color code I would use to tap into.

I also want to use the stock Satellite antenna, and can't find the Sirius box...where the heck is that thing.

Not sure how to get the power to shut off, but the sirius tuners is next to the gear shift under the plastic cover. It's a pain to get to.

Not sure how to get the power to shut off, but the sirius tuners is next to the gear shift under the plastic cover. It's a pain to get to.

He's talking about an external tuner.

I seem to remember that the logic for shutting off the radio after 10 minutes is actually in the radio, so the power to the radio is constantly on and it gets a signal that tells it when to turn it off. If that's the case then you won't be able to just tap into a wire.

He's talking about an external tuner.

I seem to remember that the logic for shutting off the radio after 10 minutes is actually in the radio, so the power to the radio is constantly on and it gets a signal that tells it when to turn it off. If that's the case then you won't be able to just tap into a wire.

He is looking for the OEM satellite antenna, which he needs to unplug from the OEM Sirius module, which is near the gear shift under the plastic.