Updated Info from teleconference

isellford

Here are highlights of the teleconference meetingwith the Shelby team [at least what i can talk about].

Car is on schedule for 6/6 Job#1

Satellite Radio is not going to be available until Dec

The Hertz Version is NOT a Shelby but an upgraded GT only.

The "reported crank breaking" story was on an EARLY engine that did not have the same valves or pistons as the final design.

The engine will use 5W50 synthetic Oil 6.5 qts.

Rated HP will be published in the order guides as 485 @ 6000 rpm and 475 lb ft torque @ 3750 rpm. They also said that the car is being tested at a higher HP that will be published in the brochure but they would not reveal it until it is finalized.

NO info on pricing.

The marketing manager is trying very hard to get production increased to 10,000 units which will be distributed across the board [uS, Canada, WDMO].

Has a programmable tach. Can program shift points.

My color is std however when you start cr the guages will light up red, white, and blue. Can be changed.

Cars will be delivered to dealers with derated calibration to cut down on hot rodding at the plant or en route. Dealer will have to disable while performing PDI.

Those are the highlights.

when you start car the guages will light up red, white, and blue.

Awww...how patriotic. I can see the ads now. Instead of a computer spliced Steve McQueen, it'll be Richard Nixon give the famous peace sign wave goodbye before he climbs in his new GT500.

Good info though!!! :happy feet:

Awww...how patriotic. I can see the ads now. Instead of a computer spliced Steve McQueen, it'll be Richard Nixon give the famous peace sign wave goodbye before he climbs in his new GT500.

Good info though!!! :happy feet:

It plays right into the new Ford theme of Red, White, and Bold tha twill be shortly debuting. They scrapped "Driven for the road ahead".

Cars will be delivered to dealers with derated calibration to cut down on hot rodding at the plant or en route. Dealer will have to disable while performing PDI.

Those are the highlights.

That is comical that they don't trust their own employees to deliver the cars to the dealer with out hotrodding it. Funny. Do they think that a trucker will be stopped at a rest area, download the car, and peel out in the rest area :doh: ?? Maybe a little over cautious by Ford. I wonder if they do that for Corvette's also? I also wonder what was discussed that you cannot talk about (price :bandance: ?). Later,

"derated calibration" reminds me of my Subaru Forester XT which came with a full set of keys including a "valet" key which when used to start the engine, would disable the turbo and rev limit the engine at 2000 rpm, if my feeble memory serves me correctly....