Tea Party Day

NAP wife

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that Southgate was the source of all these taxes.

Do you think there might be a better place to protest?

I agree ljcdad it was/is fine to spend hundreds of billions on our shiney new base, oops i mean embassy in Iraq, because Saddam was such a threat.

What ever happened to 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you'?

Edited by stephenhawkings

Yes not the best place, but not all of us could make it up to the capital so we wanted to put something together for downriver. They have protests all over MI Wed, the more the protests the more the government will see that the people are not happy.

As for the Bush comment, he started this crazy spending and Obama is continuing with it. Both parties need to stop.

I didn't realize that Southgate was the source of all these taxes.

Do you think there might be a better place to protest?

I agree ljcdad it was/is fine to spend hundreds of billions on our shiney new base, oops i mean embassy in Iraq, because Saddam was such a threat.

What ever happened to 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you'?

Well Bush wasn't the first one to spend, and Obama wont be the last, it has been going on far longer than i have been alive and will probably continue far after i have left this taxed world.

seams to me democrat and republican politicians are all in on the scam of living off of my paycheck, the issues of abortion, gun rights and such are just a distraction.

This is not a democrat or republican thing. If you are against having your children pay off this huge tax debt:

Join us Wednesday April 15,

12pm - 5pm

City of Southgate City Hall

14400 Dix-Toledo Rd, 48111

For the rules:

http://foundersamerica.blogspot.com/

Conservatives for teabagging. It's perfect!

This sums it up: http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/136162...sing_for_dudes/

lol.....i noticed alot of these people connected to these supposed non-partisan events didn't mind spending the hundreds of billions during Bush's admin.

what a waste and to use the name of a significant event in US history for such things is disgraceful and unpatriotic

i think that Andrew Sullivan says it best... Tea Tantrums :happy feet:

You are part of the problem my friend, learn a little history.

so you condone the tax cut and spend antics of the past administration over tax and spend dems?

i figured with the ron paul banner you would have some more responsible leanings.

No I don't, I have said that before. Spending needs to be cut!!!

This is not a democrat or republican thing. If you are against having your children pay off this huge tax debt:

Join us Wednesday April 15,

12pm - 5pm

City of Southgate City Hall

14400 Dix-Toledo Rd, 48111

For the rules:

http://foundersamerica.blogspot.com/

What is the alternative? Would you rather the govt. suspend SS and Medicare? There is only two things that could happen either cut services or raise taxes.

Now I am going to make it political, three fourths or 75% of the national debt was created by Republican administrations. If this debt was never created the current administration would be able to stimulate the economy and not deal with the future debt by raising taxes.

Here is a suggestion, why dont you make good use of your time and protest all of these unfair trade agreements? After all who cares how much tax you have to pay if you cant find a job?

What is the alternative? Would you rather the govt. suspend SS and Medicare? There is only two things that could happen either cut services or raise taxes.

Now I am going to make it political, three fourths or 75% of the national debt was created by Republican administrations. If this debt was never created the current administration would be able to stimulate the economy and not deal with the future debt by raising taxes.

Here is a suggestion, why dont you make good use of your time and protest all of these unfair trade agreements? After all who cares how much tax you have to pay if you cant find a job?

For those of us that still have jobs, any further tax increases only makes it worse. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

For those of us that still have jobs, any further tax increases only makes it worse. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

So your saying cut services? Military, SS, school budgets ect...??? I dont think the US has been doing well under the borrow and spend method of the last 8 yrs. Now that our govt wants us to pay for what we use, everyone wants to cry wolf. I am all for cutting the budget, I would have the military budget cut 75% why does the US have to police the world? Close all bases in Japan, Korea and Europe to start!!! Let them pay for their own defense.

never relized there were so many dumbasses on here, because bush spent a few hundred billion, you see nothing wrong with obama spending up to 10 trillion. add up all the money every last president spent totaled together and you get about 1/3 of what this ass wants to spend, where do you think it's going to come from, increase in your taxes dummies.

yeah dumb arses, bush only spent a couple hundred billion,

FYI dumb ass they both spent trillions, and so will the next guy, and some where down the road some one will dwarf them by far, that's why you can't name a president who created a budget surplus, spend spend spend,, wait dont pay attention to that look at what the other party is doing!

some day the sheep might take off the blinders.

Okay Bush was the president with the highest spending through out history (not including Obama). It took Bush we'll say 1 trillion, give or take a few billion, 8 years so spend this money. Obama has been in office 3 months and he's matched and exceeded his spending. This really has to stop. We will have to pay for this spending sooner or later.

And no I'm not taking about basic things like social security that we need. Come on there is a lot of pork sneeking into these bills being sent. It's time to go line by line through the budget and makes some cuts. (remember Obama saying that?)

I'm sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a debate. Just if you would like to come out come and if you don't agree I'm not forcing you to come. If you would like to attend a protest and you are not downriver go here to find one closer to your house: http://taxdayteaparty.com/

No one will ever agree on everything.

Why don't you push this crap in some other forum.

never relized there were so many dumbasses on here, because bush spent a few hundred billion, you see nothing wrong with obama spending up to 10 trillion. add up all the money every last president spent totaled together and you get about 1/3 of what this ass wants to spend, where do you think it's going to come from, increase in your taxes dummies.

Not a big deal Reagan spent more money then the 10 previous presidents before himn not to mention he ruined social security. It just pisses me off that all of a suddent these right wing idiots are so concerned with OUR KIDS paying for this. They got one thing right it will be OUR KIDS not theirs paying for this. But isn't that how America work I'm sure that we are paying for our ancestors debt right now.

Edited by Die Wahrheit

OUCH! :ohsnap: I guess I made you so mad you posted here for the first time. If you aren't interested in the post just ignore and within a day it will be off the first page and will disappear. So you name translates to "the truth" any truth about the auto industry you have insight on since you seem to be so gee golly smart.

OUCH! :ohsnap: I guess I made you so mad you posted here for the first time. If you aren't interested in the post just ignore and within a day it will be off the first page and will disappear. So you name translates to "the truth" any truth about the auto industry you have insight on since you seem to be so gee golly smart.

Good job with the translation. Didn't mean to sound so mean, its just that we as union brothers and sisters need to stick together and quit letting politics divide us. I have never seen as much division among our brothers and sisters as I have now. And it all started with this election. Dems blame Rep and vice versa. We are the UNION and we stand alone if we have to but we do it together. And for some of these post to blame the shape were in on our President is just a joke. This didn't happen over night, it took some time to get to this point and its going to take some time to get out of this mess. But what we can't afford to do is let this divide us. Our union reps are the best any union has to offer and to read some of the post tearing them down is just awful. Now that is what I call throwing away what them before us fought for.

Read Paul Krugman's article in today's NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/13/opinion/13krugman.html

The difference now is that more younger voters are paying more attention to politics now. And that spells trouble for the GOP. All of their lies are being uncovered and they have no where to run like the hypocritical rats that they are. They are all talk but no action. The criticized the Presidents budget and that to me is okay, but how you going be against something and not have a alternative and you call yourself for the people. For as long as I can remember the GOP never been for the working people. I know they are not for medicaid and medicare, they fought against workers unemployment benefits and are still doing that, cost of living allowances they're against that, increase in minium wage they fought against that, O and not to mention that destroyed social security. The working people are waking up.

I have been trying to figure out what this tea party protest is ALL about.....all that is gonna happen is the government is gonna have pictures of everyone who attends so they can put your pics in their terrorist computer bank ......so they can hold it against you when they need to.....protests never work....but would gladly throw my cigs in the river ....just like tea they are unfairly taxed.....bring it on antismokers....lets rock. :happy feet: :stirpot: