DTP & the dirty politics

Did anybody happen to see the 4-poster job that was posted last week? It turns out "The Mighty Nick" chairman is trying to replace the c-crew guy with one of his buddies, go figure! How the hell can somebody be taken off there rated job and be replaced like this? This is the same guy that did the job on the last c-crew, what kind of bullshit is that where the chairman can all of the sudden decide he wants to take you off your job and replace you? This is the dirty side of the union that fucking disgust me! So Nick is your sorry ass going to replace me next?

......and you wonder why some people are so negative towards the union.

Edited by fordtpworker1993

Did anybody happen to see the 4-poster job that was posted last week? It turns out "The Mighty Nick" chairman is trying to replace the c-crew guy with one of his buddies, go figure! How the hell can somebody be taken off there rated job and be replaced like this? This is the same guy that did the job on the last c-crew, what kind of bullshit is that where the chairman can all of the sudden decide he wants to take you off your job and replace you? This is the dirty side of the union that fucking disgust me! So Nick is your sorry ass going to replace me next?

Wasn't that posting for A-crew 4 poster ?

I am trying to understand how they are screwing B right now , I would have thought they would do it like how body shop does it ( over post and then make reductions) and not just strait up screw someone.

Sad simply sad, that posting was for day shift and there is no bump currently I could see C-crew guy getting bumped when there ever is a bump, but to bump someone without it being a bump season is bullshit when a posting is up you either go to the shift that had the rec for the posting or wait your turn for a bump season.

Wasn't that posting for A-crew 4 poster ?

I am trying to understand how they are screwing B right now , I would have thought they would do it like how body shop does it ( over post and then make reductions) and not just strait up screw someone.

Sad simply sad, that posting was for day shift and there is no bump currently I could see C-crew guy getting bumped when there ever is a bump, but to bump someone without it being a bump season is bullshit when a posting is up you either go to the shift that had the rec for the posting or wait your turn for a bump season.

They are screwing the c-crew guy! The guy that does the job on a-crew went to Nick and asked him why in the hell his job was being posted and Nick told him it was a mistake on the posting, the job is for c-crew!

They are screwing the c-crew guy! The guy that does the job on a-crew went to Nick and asked him why in the hell his job was being posted and Nick told him it was a mistake on the posting, the job is for c-crew!

Nevermind IM incoming

Edited by lquidspine

Hey guys, I'm in Kansas City, do you mind going into what this is all about???..perhaps I can offer some insight.

Without getting into the specifics there was a Job posting last weeks for a 4-poster promotional bid for A-crew in DTP, here are a few reasons it is a bullshit bid.

1. No one is leaving or retireing from any shifts that this posting was posted on.

2. The posting was for A-crew , but when asked by the day shift operator the chairman said it was actually for c-crew.

3. C-crew workers only got 2 days to sign the posting since they will be on layoff for the last 2 or 3 days the posting should be up.

4. There is behind the scenes bullshit going on in the backroom (see reason 1), but honestly without knowing you KC Bob I don't feel to comfortable discussing this issue with you or on a public forum where anyone can read it.

Hey spine! If there is some bullshit going why not talk about it in a open forum? Is Nick a big bad ass that's going to hurt anyone for speaking their minds? I have no idea but I would put all the facts out there. :shades:

I prefer to collect all the facts and the resolutions as brought through the proper channels before broadcasting them on a public forum is all.

what the hell is 'four poster'?

four positions?

or four posts?

something sounds fishy.

When the truck is driven over rough road by autoport and has a squeek or rattle they bring the truck to the 4 poster area and park it outside write up a concern, then the 4 poster operator brings the truck into the 4 poster machine that simulates all the bumps in rough road. There is a pit under neath it so the opperators can be underneath or in the back seat or where ever they need to be to try and figure out where the problem is coming from. I hope everyone can understand what I'm trying to say.

Hey spine! If there is some bullshit going why not talk about it in a open forum? Is Nick a big bad ass that's going to hurt anyone for speaking their minds? I have no idea but I would put all the facts out there. :shades:

As you can tell by my other post on different topics, I don't give a fuck! What else do you want to know? I pretty much summed it up with the first post on here.

sounds like the same old local 600 to me

I've heard a couple of people have called Nick and asked him about this and he's giving them some bullshit cover up answer saying it was a mistake made by the last chairman. What a bunch of shit! so are you going to replace everybody that got a posted job under Joe? so 9 months later lets start replacing the people that got rated jobs with your buddies? I guess if your a friend of Nicks from Wixom you are in good shape!

I've said it and I'll say it again....LOCAL 600 FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've said it and I'll say it again....LOCAL 600 FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are corrupt and nick is just a puppet with no control. the local decides policy not nick or any one else in the plant union office. here is so more corrupt things. what about those transfers 50 or so i forget the number that transfered from wayne assembly and some other plants to the dtp and rouge. they started working at the rouge on sept 22, 08 when day and night shift came back to work and the c-crew employees didn't come back until end of feb, 09. that is a direct violation of the contract. friends and family goes for more than buying a new vehicle. what about never getting a local contract book to look at. i guess thats so the company can do what they want and the union can line their pockets, and we don't know whats right and whats wrong. what about that employee from trim who fell in a pit. he's not able to work. the company is trying to screw him the union hall wouldn't send a rep during his workmans comp meeting. things are going to change NOT. but you have to watch what your saying because some spineless punks on this site are rats for the union posing to be somebody.

You know all of this crying about what someone is doing or what they did is kinda pointless. Look at the news and see what is going on. I talked to a friend that works at the GM Tech center yesterday and all I have to say is watch the news when the Fiat and Chrysler deal is done.

Pattern this, pattern that and cost advatage.

I think we need to worry about that and not stupid rumors that are floating around. Like it or not the union has the lost control they used to have. Part of that reason is we are all so divided from the union hall down to the floor.

Do any of you actually think C-Crew is going to stay? Seriously right now they are going to be used as dogs fetching this shift and then that shift.

Anyone ever thought the reason for this topic started. Could it be possible that someone was placed on a job that honestly should not have been due to some dirty B.S.

Everywhere around the plant jobs have been given to people that do not deserve them and what is funny is the union says the posting was up and it never was. That has been going on way before Nick and your reps are the ones to blame for that.

Right now we have a team leader with the lowest seniority placed on a job where the posting was never put up. Something about Grandfathering him in when Joe was chairman.

Told the reps before we left that we will start talking about that when we get back but I think it is going to be brought up in the next union meeting. I would love to hear them pass that bull in a open forum so if your looking for something to talk about bring your tail to the next meeting.