UAW slams GM plan for depending more on imports

Way to stick your employees in the ass GM! Way to rob the American blue collars, just like a wealthy elitist. Way to support Korea, Japan, and Chinas economy while screwing ours.

It is kind of ironic that this news comes out after Obamas big news yesterday of changing the tax laws on American based businesses with overseas operations.

This is BS, if GM wants to do this I say let them go Bankrupt. I know there will be pain but I would rather we face the pain now then to die a death of a thousand cuts. To hell with GM and all of the other companies that play on being a US corporation. Ford is just as bad. Instead of these companies trying to get fair trade laws they send their lobbiest to DC and try to get CAFE standards lowered. Truth is Ford and GM are happy with the trade laws, they know they can produce in third world countries and sell in the US. Its the workers in the US who are getting screwed by these trade agreements. This is because average people dont have lobbiest fighting for them, unless they are members of a union. If we had 40 or 50 percent of the working population organized and fighting for fair trade agreements, our politicians would consider our calls more times then not.

As I have said before, I will only buy Ford products made in the USA. No Fusion or Fiesta and I wont allow any of my friends to use an X plan for these products. My wifes boss asked about the Volvo S80 last summer and said it was between the Volvo or the BMW 528, I told her to tell her boss to buy the BMW, which she did. Although she did use three of my X plans a couple of months ago to buy a Mariner for herself and one for her mother inlaw and she convinced a friend at church to buy an Escape with one of my X plans.

She loves her Mariner and maybe in a couple of years I can get her into a Lincoln MKS, Made in the USA!

This is BS, if GM wants to do this I say let them go Bankrupt. I know there will be pain but I would rather we face the pain now then to die a death of a thousand cuts. To hell with GM and all of the other companies that play on being a US corporation. Ford is just as bad. Instead of these companies trying to get fair trade laws they send their lobbiest to DC and try to get CAFE standards lowered. Truth is Ford and GM are happy with the trade laws, they know they can produce in third world countries and sell in the US. Its the workers in the US who are getting screwed by these trade agreements. This is because average people dont have lobbiest fighting for them, unless they are members of a union. If we had 40 or 50 percent of the working population organized and fighting for fair trade agreements, our politicians would consider our calls more times then not.

As I have said before, I will only buy Ford products made in the USA. No Fusion or Fiesta and I wont allow any of my friends to use an X plan for these products. My wifes boss asked about the Volvo S80 last summer and said it was between the Volvo or the BMW 528, I told her to tell her boss to buy the BMW, which she did. Although she did use three of my X plans a couple of months ago to buy a Mariner for herself and one for her mother inlaw and she convinced a friend at church to buy an Escape with one of my X plans.

She loves her Mariner and maybe in a couple of years I can get her into a Lincoln MKS, Made in the USA!

I'm not totally sure but I thaught the MKS as made in Mexico on the Fusion platform. If anyone knows for sure please post. thanks

GM threatening to do this 3 years ago. I guess they were not threats they have already laid the groung work .

I say let them sell the company and go bankrupt. Importing 17% to 40% in 4 years is bullshit. Although I really dont care because I work at Ford. :happy feet:

Ford is bringing work to America so that should get us even more sales. :happy feet: :happy feet:

GM threatening to do this 3 years ago. I guess they were not threats they have already laid the groung work .

I say let them sell the company and go bankrupt. Importing 17% to 40% in 4 years is bullshit. Although I really dont care because I work at Ford. :happy feet:

Ford is bringing work to America so that should get us even more sales. :happy feet: :happy feet:

keep eating your cornbread