Toyota posts first loss, sees worse ahead

Firefly

Now with cryco in chap11 and gm heading to chap11 and soon ford asking for the same concessions, to match toyjoka and the rest, it won't be long and toyjoka will tell its people in the US and Canada they will need a cut back to survive. Its only a matter of time, the more the UAW-CAW give back to the big three the more the transplants will want to stay competitive in labour costs. We have (GOVERNMENT) allowed foreign companies to dictate wages and now its ..how low will they go. To all North American transplant workers its time to either join the UAW-CAW or watch your wages fall as fast. These companies don't care about the many workers on the line beating the hell out of their bodies ...they only care about profit and this is only for share holders not workers on the line. If the big three settle on ...say 20.00 hr I bet the transplants will want to drop wages to alot less.

Now with cryco in chap11 and gm heading to chap11 and soon ford asking for the same concessions, to match toyjoka and the rest, it won't be long and toyjoka will tell its people in the US and Canada they will need a cut back to survive. Its only a matter of time, the more the UAW-CAW give back to the big three the more the transplants will want to stay competitive in labour costs. We have (GOVERNMENT) allowed foreign companies to dictate wages and now its ..how low will they go. To all North American transplant workers its time to either join the UAW-CAW or watch your wages fall as fast. These companies don't care about the many workers on the line beating the hell out of their bodies ...they only care about profit and this is only for share holders not workers on the line. If the big three settle on ...say 20.00 hr I bet the transplants will want to drop wages to alot less.

So true. This may be the worst of times but there are many more bad times ahead if the working class do not unify and stand together. Auto workers led the middleclass to a decent standard of living but we could easily lead the way to a lower standard also. :(

Some people that post on detnews.com/autostalk believe its a pr. move by Toyota so their is limited backlash directed towards them cause GM and Chrysler are in bankruptcy! The Anti union Toyota lovin idiots will come up with any excuse to make it look like some brilliant move on Toyotas part! Blaiming currency rates for such bad numbers! They say the jokes on us (UAW) ! By the way we are all Knuckle draggin uneducated neandrathals who feel we should be entitled to 4 hour naps for 8 hours of pay! Fat drunk and stupid! just like Bluto in Animal house!!!!! Thats us? :stirpot:

What goes around, eventually comes around. Under the Bush administration, Toyota was essentially given the winning numbers to the "Mega-Billions" American car market lottery. Toyota had no legacy costs, they essentially had a closed market at home and to really complete the ass reaming tri-fecta, the Japanese government felt the need to artificially manipulate the value of the Yen.

In regards to our U.S. domestic vehicle export to Japan, there simply was no Fair trade or Free trade agreement. The only trade agreement we had, was to host Japans dick in our ass. Last year Toyota sold 2 million units in Japan, meanwhile the big three combined, only sold about 200,000 units in their country. How is this fair? No wonder Toyota overtook GM as the # 1 automaker. GM was basically shut out of the number two vehicle market in the world....... Fair trade.... my ass.

I really have no Idea why our past government was so eager to see Japanese and Chinese manufacturing companies succeed, while they watched American manufacturing companies fail. But it happened. The Bush administration never met with the leaders of the big three, until the wooden stake was sunk halfway into their hearts. Bush never cared about us, and I never cared for him.

Bush was the absolute antithesis of the average Blue collar worker. Blue collars were born with wooden spoons in their mouth and grease on their sleeves. W was born with a diamond encrusted platinum spoon in his mouth, and 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton, on his sleeves. I just can't imagine a worse representative for the working middle class. But Karl Rove made sure that issues like, Gays getting married, and Guns, were far more important than actually electing intelligent leadership.

Tell me why exactly, did we pay $4.50 a gallon for gasoline last year while Exxon was making 8 billion a quarter and getting millions in subsidies from the U.S. Government? Why? Because in Bush's nihilistic mind, the middle and lower class, are totally irrelevant as long as the rich are getting richer. The poor and middle class just don't matter at all, until the election years.

For the past 8 years, the working American middle class has been attacked from so many different angles, that I don't even know what our proper defense is. I'm thinking we need to somehow conger Sun Tzu from the dead in order to come up with a counter attack to this barrage.

Here's a toast, in the hope that we soon see Ford slap Toyota's ass all the way from Dearborn, back to Ann Arbor, and then back to Toyota City.

We beat the Japanese once, and with a little help from our government we can beat them again.

Edited by mrballsonya

Good post mrball but im afraid this time around our govt does not want or need the American industry to survive! They are counting their kickbacks and assuming the rest of the world will play nice with us from now on! maybe they will sell us their best weapons , ships and vehicles! Maybe Obama will give everybody a big fat hug bad mouth the U.S. and they will understand how great America is then!? :sos: