Mulally Drives a Honda Fit

Sorry fellas, but I had to hook you with a typical Fox News headline.

http://www.quote.com/news/story.action?id=KRO136e4474

The real story is about Mulally's contention that Ford will be profitable again in 2011. But the article does mention that Mulally drives a different car every day, and one of them happened to be a Honda Fit.

I for one, was ecstatic to read that Mulally has been driving other makes and models.

A very wise 6th century B.C. Chinese General named Sun Tzu, once stated in a treatise titled The Art Of War, that if "you know your enemy & know yourself, in 100 battles you will never be in peril". Mulally understands this basic principal, and wants to "know our enemy". I love this guy, he's worth every penny of his $16 million+ salary. Hiring Mulally was the best thing that Bill Jr. ever did for the Ford Motor Company. Maybe after this mess is all over, Bill Jr. can convince Mulally to take over the Lions. We can only hope.

Let's hope he test drives a Porsche 911 as well and we might get a decent sports coupe like the Capri again in Europe, rather than some boring dull bland jellymould with no character that won't sell like the Probe, Puma & Cougar that all failed bigtime.

7814.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

What surprises me is that Bill Ford IS a car guy but just couldn't act like one. I mean whether or not he was at the helm or not, why did he and the rest of the Ford family allow Nasser et al almost destroy Ford? The heavy truck line and Taurus languished for years while Nasser and Trotman blew billions on JLR, Volvo and junk yards!