Flat Rock Mustang production hold?

schris403

I have read rumors that 2010 Mustang production has been put on hold for the last 2 weeks of May at Flat Rock. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I have had a 2010 Mustang in production since May 13th and it hasn't moved..

Thanks for any info!

Chris

I have read rumors that 2010 Mustang production has been put on hold for the last 2 weeks of May at Flat Rock. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I have had a 2010 Mustang in production since May 13th and it hasn't moved..

Thanks for any info!

Chris

It is no rumor, AAI has been on a scheduled layoff for the weeks of 5/18 and 5/25. They are returning on 6/1. Your mustang should be rolling off the end of the line when they return.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't seem to get a straight answer out of my dealer or even Ford customer service as to the status of my car... Supposedly it was produced on June 1st but it hasn't shipped and no one can tell me why.

Is there anyone here who can get any further information? It just seems hard to believe that my dealer can't contact the plant directly and find out what is going on, can they?

My vin # is:

1ZVBP8EN6A5121723

Thank you so much to anyone who can help!!

Chris

I just can't seem to get a straight answer out of my dealer or even Ford customer service as to the status of my car... Supposedly it was produced on June 1st but it hasn't shipped and no one can tell me why.

Is there anyone here who can get any further information? It just seems hard to believe that my dealer can't contact the plant directly and find out what is going on, can they?

My vin # is:

1ZVBP8EN6A5121723

Thank you so much to anyone who can help!!

Chris

Its not uncommon for it to take a couple of weeks for the vehicle to ship after its built.....

Hang in there your car will be worth the wait......

What state are you in?

Its not uncommon for it to take a couple of weeks for the vehicle to ship after its built.....

Hang in there your car will be worth the wait......

What state are you in?

I'm in Kansas, its good to know that this isn't unusual. I was reading some posts about cars usually shipping the same day or 1-2 days after production so I was getting a little worried there was another production hiccup.

Chris

Thanks for the info xrolling. I was going crazy doing the "any day now" wait since my car had a production date of 4/28 and no one seemed to know where it was or what was going on. Thought it might have been the plant shutdown, but I figured it would have shipped before the 5/18 date.

schris403 -- OASIS shows your Mustang with a 6/1/2009 build date. Sometimes the consumer has an easier time than the dealer when it comes to obtaining correct information. Ford will tell us nothing about the 2010 Mustang delays.

Does anyone know if this airbag issue has been resolved and is being implemented or are they still trying to figure out when the vendor can fix it?

I really wish Ford would give more information when these types of situations come up where customers & dealers are waiting with no idea what is going on. My dealer has no clue, customer service doesn't know more then my car has been built and I'm here trying to scrounge up information from various forums trying to find someone that works inside the plant to divulge some "insider" information like this. Even a simple online status tool for customers to check on ordered cars would be extremely valuable.

Again, I as well as others desperately waiting for their Mustangs, are greatly appreciative of any information you all can provide.

Chris

Schris...I saw another post that a zone manager was estimating 7-10 days before the stangs start shipping, but you never really know. I know my salesman has been trying to get in touch with the zone manager for my region as no one at the dealer was even aware of the shipping hold. It does stink that there is not better tracking info for new orders, but it is what it is. Luckily, there are a ton of great people on this board that are extremely helpful.

If I were down there (Flatrock) I would be up someones ass trying to figure this out for ya! :poke: As an employee I can recognize how important it is to keep the customer satisfied and in the know! Im just waiting for the day when the management will catch on to this not so secret secret!!! :banghead: Hopefully you will be rippin in your new Stang real soon!! Good Luck Bro!! If their are Any of my Flatrock Brothers or Sisters out there that can help this gentelman out!! Please :reading:

Thanks! I have learned so much about the ordering process and have so many ideas about how it could be improved and made to shine. I'm an IT director and there are times I just want to build some of this for them for free depending on my frustration for the day. Now is the time for Ford to take a step away from conventional, it could be a huge step to have any of these implemented:

- In-dealership interactive ordering kiosk where a customer could do a 360 walk-around of their selected car inside and out and can order it with the features they wish. Yes, there is a similar online version of this but at least for me, there were missing options and the interior door panel colors aren't even correct. This kiosk would be there so a customer can verify their options are correct with their own eyes because from my experience, customers know more about some of the options then the sales staff. These days there are so many, it is becoming extremely hard to find a pre-built car in a configuration a customer wants. With me, my dealership didn't even know about some of the options until I gave them the option numbers to add to the order.

- Decrease the delivery time for customer orders by building less standard package cars which have to be sold at a loss to clear a lot for next years model. There are so many other costs to have cars sit on a lot which would be reduced. There definitely need to be cars with different options for people to demo but if you could get a car to a customer exactly the way they want in a very short amount of time, it might even increase revenue by up-selling options they might have wanted but settled for something else. I know it takes only a few days to actually build a car once it starts on the line, the other parts of the process could be prepared for. This is a hard one to determine, people could go either way with this idea. They could even offer a rebate for ordering a car which would definitely help with the decision some.

- Online tracking of the order; that should be an easy one!

- Now a really cool idea; pictures of the build process of your actual car! I can't think of one person who wouldn't want to see their car being built. I would frame mine on a wall! If they can make a robot build a car, they can attach a networked still camera to take a shot at certain phases of production and automatically upload it to the online tracking center.

There are other ideas too but those are my top, most just out of frustration and anticipation. Thanks once again for everyone's encouragement, its been a long journey.

Chris

schris, i just got an update from my salesman who spoke with the zone manager. There is a cosmetic issue on the airbags (sounds like passenger side airbag cover warps in high heat and will shift slightly). No orders will ship until they are all corrected, which was estimated to be another week or two. Good news is work has already started. However, the cars will not ship in order built, but instead by luck of the draw. I was told to expect my car which was built at the end of April in about 3-4 weeks, but I am in Texas. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates to the shipping delay. My GT500 has been produced since the 7th of May and I have heard nothing back. I called Ford customer care and they keep giving me an ETA of May 27th :banghead: Now there are some that are showing up as dealer stock that were built after mine and I cant get a straight answer as when I will see mine :censored: Anyone can help? thanks.

Edited by zeindog

Thanks! I have learned so much about the ordering process and have so many ideas about how it could be improved and made to shine. I'm an IT director and there are times I just want to build some of this for them for free depending on my frustration for the day. Now is the time for Ford to take a step away from conventional, it could be a huge step to have any of these implemented:

- In-dealership interactive ordering kiosk where a customer could do a 360 walk-around of their selected car inside and out and can order it with the features they wish. Yes, there is a similar online version of this but at least for me, there were missing options and the interior door panel colors aren't even correct. This kiosk would be there so a customer can verify their options are correct with their own eyes because from my experience, customers know more about some of the options then the sales staff. These days there are so many, it is becoming extremely hard to find a pre-built car in a configuration a customer wants. With me, my dealership didn't even know about some of the options until I gave them the option numbers to add to the order.

- Decrease the delivery time for customer orders by building less standard package cars which have to be sold at a loss to clear a lot for next years model. There are so many other costs to have cars sit on a lot which would be reduced. There definitely need to be cars with different options for people to demo but if you could get a car to a customer exactly the way they want in a very short amount of time, it might even increase revenue by up-selling options they might have wanted but settled for something else. I know it takes only a few days to actually build a car once it starts on the line, the other parts of the process could be prepared for. This is a hard one to determine, people could go either way with this idea. They could even offer a rebate for ordering a car which would definitely help with the decision some.

- Online tracking of the order; that should be an easy one!

- Now a really cool idea; pictures of the build process of your actual car! I can't think of one person who wouldn't want to see their car being built. I would frame mine on a wall! If they can make a robot build a car, they can attach a networked still camera to take a shot at certain phases of production and automatically upload it to the online tracking center.

There are other ideas too but those are my top, most just out of frustration and anticipation. Thanks once again for everyone's encouragement, its been a long journey.

Chris

Great post Chris and some great ideas.I will copy and paste your post and place it in the Ford "Letter to the Executives" forum.If someone reads this there and has some pull within this company maybe something will get done.It should be forwarded to Mulally himself...

They are all being held up until the vendor quality issues are resolved. They are very close to releasing all of them. Most of the Vin#'s previously mentioned were already produced. I don't think any dealership will get a straight answer, because Ford will make a last minute decision, and then do it! These are high quality world class cars and hopefully the hold for vendor issues will end soon and those '10 Stangs will be rocking the road by the 4th of July! We have to make (and keep) this car the legend it is. You guys will all hear some news in the next7-8 days! Good Luck, Rob@AAI.